Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
as orthodox Christians how do you feel when you wake up in the morning and greet the new day?
Blessed and by giving thanks to the Lord for another day in His service :).

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
as orthodox Christians how do you feel when you wake up in the morning and greet the new day?
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place to be,
I am an 'early bird' by nature, but greeting the Lord on waking makes my day...may the Lord bless you today

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful.

My first thoughts are usually of God, since our practice of morning prayers trains us to wake up in this mindset.

And if I don't already feel wonderful, praying the Trisagion and other morning prayers will cause me to feel thankful and blessed, and concern and love for the world.

Hopefully putting aside any petty concerns I have over what I must do that day, since that usually tries to creep in somewhere. :)

Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Tired. But once I stand in front of the icon of Christ, with just a candle lighting the room and the smell of incense filling the room, I feel grounded, connected to the Maker of life, truth and beauty and the only reason that getting up out of bed has any transcendent value.

Upvote 0

WadeTheophan

Falling and getting up to fall again
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Now there is an interesting question. Ruling out the inevitable days where we are occupied on waking with some major event that the day holds(Like an audit I went through at the office last week) I generally wake with a sense of anticipation and Godly fear. It was only after I became Orthodox 7-8 years ago that I became what you might call a "morning person". It's not because I am energetic in the morning, ooohhh nooo, but I make time in the morning hours before dawn, when coming out of the fog of sleep when the world is still, to push back the passions and responsibilities of this life to seclude myself in a quiet place, read the Psalms, a daily reading from my Saint, Saint Theophan and read a few pages of the new testament before I begin to pray the Jesus Prayer and the morning prayers from my prayer book. God has mercifully blessed these feeble efforts and allowed me to draw near to Him in ways I never would have thought possible 10 years ago. Yes, I definitely wake with a sense of anticipation and fear because the All Powerful God of heaven and earth, of ages past and future, of purity, holiness and love that is beyond my comprehension allows me to draw near to His transforming presence that I might be changed and transformed in ways that I cannot imagine when I enter into my time of prayer. Glory be to God that He can even redeem a slug of a sinner like me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sounds great.
how about during the day? how do you recall that feeling throughout the day?
The same thoughts and mindset can be recalled throughout the day with prayers of the hours, the Jesus Prayer, and so on. We have all sorts of tools available to help us.

:)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sounds great.
how about during the day? how do you recall that feeling throughout the day?

sometimes it's easy (like during Lent or Bright Week), and sometimes it's a struggle. it really depends on the day.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorrowful, but oddly, not in a bad way. Sorrowful that I'm not in the very presence of the One True God in all of his glory, and sorrowful that I am a poor, miserable sinner, unworthy of the very air in my lungs; all of which leads me to being very prayerful and thankful, glorifying God for all he's done for me and all that he's given me, and seeking his counsel, guidance and wisdom in all that I do, along with his grace, love, and protection; pleading that I, a wretched being, may be called into the Kingdom of God when it is my time to sleep unto death.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I have a cat on my chest, wondering when I'm going to get up, and feed her :D

The feline in question.....
Rory Aug 08, 8 24 57 AM.png

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,240.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I have a cat on my chest, wondering when I'm going to get up, and feed her :D

View attachment 218483
Does this feline attempt to 'soften' the cushion it is resting on with its claws?
The cushion I refer to being your chest (My sister's cat did this with me once. Only once)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 218483
Awwwww!

My kitty is very good. She has a folded blanket on the foot of the bed where she sleeps until I wake up. But then thankfully I can free-feed her, else it probably wouldn't be that way! (I couldn't before when my daughter's cat lived with us for many years - he would eat everything put out!)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do the cats also attend the liturgy?
No animals in Church. ;)

I heard a joke about someone trying to baptize a cat though. ;)

I do bless my cat. Father blesses pets when he comes for house blessings.

Upvote 0