How do you feel about climate change? Is it affecting our world negatively?

If it is, can we reverse it?

• yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • no

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • It's a farce

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The climate is changing, but it's not man made

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • The climate is always changing

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Of course we should not pollute, but the climate is under God's control

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • the devastation of the planet is man made

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
63063.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Is it knowing it all or struggling to see a way around the hypocrisy?
It's a euphemism for the fact that kids think that they are all grown up and know everything .... that is until they live a decade or so and start to realize how much they didn't then and don't know even now..

It's right up there with the young man that stated that his father has become so much smarter in the last 5 years... Which goes over most younger men's heads until they, themselves live a little and realize that what this guy was saying is that he see's that his dad is a wise man and disagreeing with him all those years was just ignorant youthful thinking.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My goodness...you have a lot of anger or hate or something in you to go on so about the POTUS...he must have done something terrible to you...

In any event...perhaps you would like to get back on topic though...this thread has nothing to do with the POTUS.

My goodness, you might want to take that big ole plank out of your eye while complaining about the gal's speck of dust. I myself have had folks - only ever on this forum, mind you - say I must hate Donald on account of giving criticism he fully deserves. It's just a silly, simple-minded accusation to make. Now as for having some anger over his recklessness and foolishness on climate change and a heck of a lot of other nonsense, sure. She responded to exactly what you wrote so griping it's off-topic is also disingenuous. Donald has has a moronic reality TV show host kind of attitude about climate change so it is on topic. You think Donald gives one diddly dang in the world about stewardship for the Earth?

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My goodness, you might want to take that big ole plank out of your eye while complaining about the gal's speck of dust. I myself have had folks - only ever on this forum, mind you - say I must hate Donald on account of giving criticism he fully deserves. It's just a silly, simple-minded accusation to make. Now as for having some anger over his recklessness and foolishness on climate change and a heck of a lot of other nonsense, sure. She responded to exactly what you wrote so griping it's off-topic is also disingenuous. Donald has has a moronic reality TV show host kind of attitude about climate change so it is on topic. You think Donald gives one diddly dang in the world about stewardship for the Earth?

Did you read his post? Pretty harsh words for simply disagreeing...but to each his own.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Did you read his post? Pretty harsh words for simply disagreeing...but to each his own.

I totally appreciate that he stood up for me! He obviously read my post since he referenced it. I'm a girl btw. My post was truthful & it wasn't any more harsh than what you wrote. I agreed with you that we have different perspectives. I am absolutely relieved you recognize that and would hate for anyone to ever think that just bc I post on a thread alongside ppl who actually think the Earth is flat & are flippant about climate change that I am at all alike with them.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you didn't look up monsanto or you would know.
If companies hiring scientists to promote their agenda proves a conspiracy, then that would prove a conspiracy against climate change facilitated by the fossil fuel industry. But it doesn’t prove a conspiracy, only that a company feels they have something to gain from promoting or suppressing the science. Nothing revelatory there. You all are so certain if this worldwide conspiracy involving all governments and 99% of the scientific community. Yet when asked for more info, this is all you can produce?

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I totally appreciate that he stood up for me! He obviously read my post since he referenced it. I'm a girl btw. My post was truthful & it wasn't any more harsh than what you wrote. I agreed with you that we have different perspectives. I am absolutely relieved you recognize that and would hate for anyone to ever think that just bc I post on a thread alongside ppl who actually think the Earth is flat & are flippant about climate change that I am at all alike with them.

It's always nice to have someone agree with you...but this still doesn't have anything to do with climate change.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If companies hiring scientists to promote their agenda proves a conspiracy, then that would prove a conspiracy against climate change facilitated by the fossil fuel industry. But it doesn’t prove a conspiracy, only that a company feels they have something to gain from promoting or suppressing the science. Nothing revelatory there. You all are so certain if this worldwide conspiracy involving all governments and 99% of the scientific community. Yet when asked for more info, this is all you can produce?

Money, money, money, money...just follow the money...it's all about the money...always was...always will be.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's always nice to have someone agree with you...but this still doesn't have anything to do with climate change.

Well for me it's always nice to have someone who is intelligent and informed on the topic agree with me. I'm not into cheap sycophancy. It's not rocket science to understand why the quality of agreement matters. What the guy who agreed with me actually studies is literally rocket science. He also has a solid understanding of climate change & doesn't just copy and paste yrs old opinion pieces from hucksters & act like that's producing an argument. The specific chain of this series of posts goes back to you writing "they are...they are called Trump supporters. They are rebelling against a corrupt world system led by the democrats...ah but you`ll never believe that." My posts in response were relevant to that post, then your posts.

In the post you quoted I did touch upon attitudes re climate change, which is totally relevant bc the thread is asking how we feel about it. I wrote about how I'm relieved you pointed out how my posts stand out from yours, that just bc I post on a thread alongside ppl who actually think the Earth is flat & are flippant about climate change that I am at all alike with them. That's how a lot of Christians who believe in stewardship and in taking God's commands seriously feel. I'm glad too that youth does stand out from the older Trump-base demographic. I'm proud of people of my generation who actually make the effort to learn facts about climate change instead of taking the lazy route of copying and pasting from their echo chambers. I'm proud of youth taking action and I'm glad to do my own part to be responsible in re to stewardship. I think the right attitude to have towards internet posting climate change deniers is to treat them the way you would those who believe the Earth is flat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well for me it's always nice to have someone who is intelligent and informed on the topic agree with me. I'm not into cheap sycophancy. It's not rocket science to understand why the quality of agreement matters. What the guy who agreed with me actually studies is literally rocket science. He also has a solid understanding of climate change & doesn't just copy and paste yrs old opinion pieces from hucksters & act like that's producing an argument. The specific chain of this series of posts goes back to you writing "they are...they are called Trump supporters. They are rebelling against a corrupt world system led by the democrats...ah but you`ll never believe that." My posts in response were relevant to that post, then your posts.

In the post you quoted I did touch upon attitudes re climate change, which is totally relevant bc the thread is asking how we feel about it. I wrote about how I'm relieved you pointed out how my posts stand out from yours, that just bc I post on a thread alongside ppl who actually think the Earth is flat & are flippant about climate change that I am at all alike with them. That's how a lot of Christians who believe in stewardship and in taking God's commands seriously feel. I'm glad too that youth does stand out from the older Trump-base demographic. I'm proud of people of my generation who actually make the effort to learn facts about climate change instead of taking the lazy route of copying and pasting from their echo chambers. I'm proud of youth taking action and I'm glad to do my own part to be responsible in re to stewardship. I think the right attitude to have towards internet posting climate change deniers is to treat them the way you would those who believe the Earth is flat.
Keep holding onto the lies...

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are going to post beside people with all kinds of views... Bringing in something totally unrelated, such as the topic of FE, and using it as a character indicator/insult... is unbecoming.

You will find, as you get older, that you can agree 100% with one poster on one topic and be totally polarized on another... Personal views and opinions are not good judges of intelligence or education.

In the end, we are, for the most part here, children of Christ.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Money, money, money, money...just follow the money...it's all about the money...always was...always will be.
Then show proof of money going to all the scientists buying them off. Show who exactly is buying them off. Show hacked emails with ppl talking about it. And produce witnesses/whistleblowers. There’s no way hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide are in on a conspiracy and none have come forward to blow the whistle.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Keep holding onto the lies...

Thanks for substantiating my point about climate change deniers having the lazy habit of using YouTube videos lacking any credibility at all (lol, Rebel Media - seriously???!, why not post the National Inquirer) as their "evidence" instead of putting in any honest effort to gain knowledge. I'm not the one consuming lies. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then show proof of money going to all the scientists buying them off. Show who exactly is buying them off. Show hacked emails with ppl talking about it. And produce witnesses/whistleblowers. There’s no way hundreds of thousands of scientists worldwide are in on a conspiracy and none have come forward to blow the whistle.
It's not done in the way you think.. It's not a "here's $500,000, go promote climate change.

It's more of a "you support data that is contrary to climate change and the politics behind it.. we can no longer support your research as we don't recognize your data as being valid."

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for substantiating my point about climate change deniers having the lazy habit of using YouTube videos lacking any credibility at all (lol, Rebel Media - seriously???!, why not post the National Inquirer) as their "evidence" instead of putting in any honest effort to gain knowledge. I'm not the one consuming lies. :)
So, now the source must also be recognized as being valid, by your opinion?
If people deny sources, or deny sources that contradict their opinion or deny sources that they don't feel are legit.... how can anyone debate with you..
Only your sources would be accepted. Only your sources are going to support your view.

People, here, post CNN, which I believe is a farce. But they stand on them like they are solid grounded information...

Best that you find solid evidence that the points made by this source that you condemn... are incorrect, instead of dismissing the information based on the source that you don't approve of.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You are going to post beside people with all kinds of views... Bringing in something totally unrelated, such as the topic of FE, and using it as a character indicator/insult... is unbecoming.

You will find, as you get older, that you can agree 100% with one poster on one topic and be totally polarized on another... Personal views and opinions are not good judges of intelligence or education.

In the end, we are, for the most part here, children of Christ.

Belief that the Earth is flat and climate change denial are not unrelated. Both are conspiracy theories based on pseudoscience. Yes there are people who are one & not the other, but there are similarities between the two mindsets & there are people who believe in both.

As for character insults and unbecoming conduct you haven't set an example of either with things like memes posted for absolutely no other reason than to belittle me bc of my age. I typically do not read your posts, they're not visible to me unless I click at the bottom of the thread, but when I do they're often not what I'd expect to see from someone far into adulthood who says he's a child of Christ.
Personal views & opinions aren't always good judges of intelligence or education but they're frequently representative of both. My grandparents are visiting us right now to see a concert I'll be in, I've shown him some of this. He's like 20 years older than you are, and he is aghast too, so this is hardly just the perspective of somebody young.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
So, now the source must also be recognized as being valid, by your opinion?
If people deny sources, or deny sources that contradict their opinion or deny sources that they don't feel are legit.... how can anyone debate with you..
Only your sources would be accepted. Only your sources are going to support your view.

People, here, post CNN, which I believe is a farce. But they stand on them like they are solid grounded information...

Best that you find solid evidence that the points made by this source that you condemn... are incorrect, instead of dismissing the information based on the source that you don't approve of.

As a basic rule of thumb, if you wouldn't be allowed to use a source for a HS level science research paper then it's not a credible source. No way would any reputable teacher accept a YouTube video from a far-right fluff site as a source.

• Winner
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Belief that the Earth is flat and climate change denial are not unrelated. Both are conspiracy theories based on pseudoscience. Yes there are people who are one & not the other, but there are similarities between the two mindsets & there are people who believe in both.

FE and Climate change are totally unconnected. Both are theories. Both are debated. Both have people backing and denouncing them using science...but.. totally different topics.

Second... If you had taken the time to look into my view, on the FE, a bit further.. you would see that I am not a believer in the FE.. just a searcher of truth. I find problems with both models.

As for character insults and unbecoming conduct you haven't set an example of either with things like memes posted for absolutely no other reason than to belittle me bc of my age.

This is deflecting the fact that you attacked me about a totally different topic and an erroneous assumption of my stance on that subject. All based on other threads and used in an attempt to discredit anything I say. Or, group me with people that, in your opinion are in error.

I typically do not read your posts, they're not visible to me unless I click at the bottom of the thread, but when I do they're often not what I'd expect to see from someone far into adulthood who says he's a child of Christ

Well things aren't always what we expect.

Personal views & opinions aren't always good judges of intelligence or education but they're frequently representative of both.
I would disagree. People of high intelligence and with a lot of education have widely varying opinions on many subjects and topics.

My grandparents are visiting us right now to see a concert I'll be in, I've shown him some of this. He's like 20 years older than you are, and he is aghast too, so this is hardly just the perspective of somebody young.

I don't doubt that.. Not everyone in the years beyond 50 agree on all topics.. Surprisingly enough.. even in our elder years... there are disagreements. Is this supposed to be some sort of support for your view?

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.