• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

How do you feel about active rest in the woods with friends?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by Jangja, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jangja

Jangja New Member

+6
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Libertarian
    I like to go camping with my friends in the woods. It is very interesting and unites us. It's really cool to be alone with nature.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,391
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I did that a lot when I was in high school. It was a lot of fun.

3. SaintNick

SaintNick Member

+209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Camping is fun as long as your friends aren't the modern demonically possessed weirdos luring each other to the woods to butcher one another.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. tampasteve

tampasteve Steadfast Lutheran Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,804
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I have fantastic memories of back woods camping in my mid twenties with a couple of friends. It really helps get one's head in a good place and free of distractions.

5. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+8,568
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    bha-whaat?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. tampasteve

+2,804
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Was that necessary?

7. Tom 1

+8,568
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I love it. I loved it in the army, and loved it even when I used to hike alone a lot. better with friends though. You can't beat a night under the stars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SaintNick

SaintNick Member

+209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That's reality man don't you hear the stories of the kids these days? Sure its necessary it raises awareness of the times we're living in.

9. Tom 1

+8,568
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I heard about some nut who killed someone on the apalachian trail. It's not a common occurence though, more people die taking a bath or driving to the shops.

10. Jen35

Jen35 Active Member

+178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't know, but it's something that's been on my mind for years, something I wanted to do for a long time.. I say go for it, it seems really fun and freeing..

11. Tom 1

+8,568
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
  12. Jen35

Jen35 Active Member

+178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I know, right? Nothing like being in the woods surrounded by a bonfire , cooking smores and weiners and laying with a blanket under a dark sky full of bright stars...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Jen35

Jen35 Active Member

+178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That's why I would go alone and with the presence of the Lord...things can't go wrong ever being in the presence of our Lord... ( And carrying pepper spray lol jk)

14. Tom 1

+8,568
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I used to love hiking alone but it depends where you go I think. I prefer company these days.

15. tampasteve

+2,804
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    This is not at all what we are talking about. Nutcases (young or old) luring young children into the woods is not the same thing as adults, or near adults (this forum is 16+) going camping with their friends.

While there are weirdos and nutcases, being with close friends is a enriching and safe thing to do, and even better if they are Godly people. One must always be vigilant - there are random stabbings, rapes and shootings in urban and suburban environments too - in fact far more than in the woods.

16. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,962
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Camping is awesome! Hope you have fun!

17. Jen35

Jen35 Active Member

+178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yeah I guess.. I never went hiking but if I ever did it would be near mountains..

18. Jen35

Jen35 Active Member

+178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Exactly why I hesitated for years into going...that kinda stuff always crossed my mind..the woods are a nice place to have a peace of mind but I know the dangers of it too..and one would have to be skillful and wise being out there...I think I'm more afraid of the animals then people out there though lol imagine meeting a big black bear

19. tampasteve

+2,804
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Good point, I suppose once one is more comfortable one is more at ease. Sometimes just starting is the best way to get used to it. I am comfortable being in the presence (or possible presence) or animals, but I also know the signs to watch out for and when in bear country carry bear spray. :)