Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Inspired by a thread that asked for proof for love.

I think many know how my mind interprets love. Curious how its different for others.

Try to be as psychologically and emotionally descriptive as possible.

As for the type of love like romantic or platonic both, are fine. Although since this is singles I think most people would be interested in the romantic angle.

Reactions: bèlla

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I think many know how my mind interprets love. Curious how its different for others.

As for the type of love like romantic or platonic both, are fine. Although since this is singles I think most people would be interested in the romantic angle.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

When you invest your time and energy to make the other person happy.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would LOVE do? Love is really an action word. It is not what you say, but it is really what you do or what others do that makes you feel loved. We hear people say, I’d die for you, but there is something harder than dying for someone, and that is living – living sacrificially for someone. Sometimes it takes more courage to live than people realise. In fact, it is much harder to live for Jesus than to die. It’s easier for us to be ashamed of the gospel, and of our identity in Christ than to be bold and courageous especially when we need to be.

During the revolutionary war, there was a British officer from a prominent family who was engaged to his sweetheart before he was conscripted by mad man king George and went to the colonist to fight. In one of the battles, he was injured and lost his leg. So he graciously sat down to write his fiancée a letter. He said, "I’ve been disfigured, I’ve lost my leg and I hereby release you from any obligation to marry me." The young lady wrote back a letter that was no less noble than the one she received from him. In it, she assured him, that no matter what happened to him, she would never break the engagement. And then she concluded with the following paragraph, she said, “I will marry you if there was enough of your body left to hold your soul.” That is what LOVE would do.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My relationships have a hierarchical nature. No two are the same. Transparency and authenticity have the greatest impact on my willingness to bond. I don’t befriend overly secretive or reserved people. I require openness in my connections.

There is a noticeable shift within me. My interactions move from polite discourse to intimate sharing and greater connection over time. This is the ‘I like you’ stage.

Affinity is the tipping point for love. There’s a warmth in my heart for the individual. My vernacular shifts and becomes more personal. I am more transparent and laughter is commonplace. They experience a different side of my personality than most.

Adoration is a unique connection that is intimate and heartfelt. There are mutual expressions of love, bonding, and emotional support. I usually address the person by a pet name they’ve been given. This is the inner sanctum. There are greater levels of trust and companionship.

Divine connections are rare. They are similar to David’s friendship with Jonathan. This is a relationship that operates on many planes. Love is the central theme and its ratified often. We are completely transparent and share our burdens without shame. I give more of myself to this person than other friends. They have earned my trust and regard many times over.

Beloved is the place reserved for my companion. He encounters my nakedness (figuratively) as a default. Our progression reveals deeper aspects of my person and greater surrender.

I study him and listen attentively. As the bond increases I’m able to meet his needs without request and am more anticipatory in my service and behavior.

This may require me to learn a new skill or become adept in a subject I’m not conversant in. The overarching goal is his pleasure and attending to him in the mundane and important things.

I enrich my discourse by familiarizing myself with the topics he enjoys. Or share his musical and artistic tastes to expand my own. This enables me to see outside my perspective and experience life from his vantage point to some degree.

It does wonders for the heart when difficulties arise. I’m less inclined to blame and consider the issue from both perspectives. We are less apt to argue or raise our voice. There’s no need to do so.

What I derived from these practices is the beauty of relating and privilege one is given to serve another unselfishly. Caring for him isn’t a chore or a recipe for discontentment.

Nor am I embittered when he says no or things don’t go my way. That will happen from time to time. Knowing him enables me to see all of him. And I strive to be a source of joy and welcome addition. I fail at times but I’m satisfied nonetheless.

I have learned to be content with my partner by serving him. I am less apt to look at others or make comparisons. It has made me significantly more appreciative, respectful, and willing to go beyond my comfort zone.

I didn’t know I’d found the heart of marriage at the time. But I’ve learned the value of servitude on behalf of One greater than myself and wholly embrace what He expects of me in relation to my Beloved.

I have chosen not to share details of my service. It is for him and this isn’t an ad. ;-)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

What would LOVE do? Love is really an action word. It is not what you say, but it is really what you do or what others do that makes you feel loved.

One expresses love by their acts.

And there you have it.

It's a lot like faith, saying it doesn't make it so, but action does...especially when that action includes a big fat diamond ring. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My two cats taught me unconditional love many years ago and i found myself wanting to give what ever it took to make them happy. Since their death i found the same for the strays i feed but not so much people except my mom and a few others:)

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Divine connections are rare. They are similar to David’s friendship with Jonathan. This is a relationship that operates on many planes. Love is the central theme and its ratified often. We are completely transparent and share our burdens without shame. I give more of myself to this person than other friends. They have earned my trust and regard many times over.

Divine connections ARE rare. Oh, that we had more of these in our lives!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're smashing hearts Bell...

I should not have engaged that way. It made sense at the time because I was not in Christ.

If you recollect I previously shared that I surrendered my former way of being to the Lord and would put my marriage on display for His glory. That is the behavior I’m referencing.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have been hoping Taylor would reappear. But he is an improvement over the bag. ;-)
I am disappointed with Taylor for making a video of her hugging with Katy Perry.
katy perry.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Where is your post mister Romeo? Start typing! ~lol

What I have in my heart is better left to privacy...at this time. I will say this...you have said that my words have "freed" you...this is funny, because yours have the opposite effect on me.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I have in my heart is better left to privacy...at this time. I will say this...you have said that my words have "freed" you...this is funny, because yours have the opposite effect on me.

How did that happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Cooperation, acceptance, and affection. Being supportive of each other's hopes, dreams, and values in a congenial manner. Also, for each partner to feel listened to and heard when there's a disagreement. Despite our flaws and missteps, to meaningfully pursue the above as a goal.

Upvote 0