How do you deal with people who hate themselves and project that onto others?

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I know a few gay young men and they say Christians and God hate them. I tell them that is not true. They talk about what they read and what it says. They read the Bible and think they are wrong so they think God and men hate them. How should this be dealt with?
They should stop living by old dogma and forge their own path.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know a few gay young men and they say Christians and God hate them. I tell them that is not true. They talk about what they read and what it says. They read the Bible and think they are wrong so they think God and men hate them. How should this be dealt with?

The bible doesn't say it hates them.

Sadly, some people have made up their minds to the point of all you can do is allow God to take the wheel from here...and pray for them.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I don't get it.

Your thread subject speaks about those who "hate themselves".
But in your OP you speak about people who say that "christians and god" hates them.

Are you just assuming that these people hate themselves as well or are you not telling the whole story? Because from your OP it's not clear to me at all that these people "hate themselves". They rather just seem to be complaining that others hate them.

How that should be dealt with? Well... I don't know.
You can't blame them for thinking that... Abrahamic religions aren't exactly gay-friendly...

Upvote 0

Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Considering my dad recently said to me, that he doesn't know if he would continue to have much to do with his childdren, if they were gay, then I'd say hate sounds exactly right of some Christians! :(

Not all though. But some "Christians" attitudes have been downright troubling and disturbing, that goes way beyond simple disagreement of the lifestyle and believing it's wrong. And it is horrible.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Suggest to them that God has a plan for them and made them with intent and love, to become lovers of Jesus as the truth and the way... He designed them and placed them where they are. The cross shows how much they are worth to God, and Jesus blood can cleanse them again and again year after year. They can take up the character of the ancient of days, Jesus, take up the way and fulfil their original design.

Jesus does not give a law. Jesus gives grace to anyone.

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Even though the bible clearly states it's wrong I completely disagree I I think they should be allowed this is one of the things I just cannot comprehend or get my head around

The Bible also clearly states that eating shellfish is wrong - as is wearing mixed fabrics. The Bible also clearly states that "traditional marriage" encompasses forcing a rapist to marry his victim. People don't seem to have too much trouble completely disregarding those parts. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll work it out :)

Upvote 0

HopeS746

Hope
Sep 10, 2015
English
✟7,889.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible also clearly states that eating shellfish is wrong - as is wearing mixed fabrics. The Bible also clearly states that "traditional marriage" encompasses forcing a rapist to marry his victim. People don't seem to have too much trouble completely disregarding those parts. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll work it out :)

When you put it like this [emoji23]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums