Newport
✟15,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I realize recently that I can be clingy. And even though for the most part It does not happen, it definitely shows itself when
  • I am actually connecting with someone
  • Socially interacting beyond my norm
  • Sharing things I don't share (because I actually feel comfortable to share & they actually understand), etc
I need victory! I am naturally an introvert and so this connection thing is very rare.

Reactions: Dave-W

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Aw, give yourself a break, you're an introvert who has found someone to connect with deeply. It's good you are aware of being clingy, that's the first step to being not too clingy. I say, set boundaries, and don't feel bad when you aren't able to convey your whole personality in one go. Don't share too much of yourself, give time for the person to know you. If they lose interest quickly, then they are not worth your time. Quality friends are more important. But it is unavoidable at times, especially if you come across someone who gets you, I guess your heart will be able to let you know, then you can pour out your heart and soul without fear of being clingy.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I realize recently that I can be clingy. And even though for the most part It does not happen, it definitely shows itself when
  • I am actually connecting with someone
  • Socially interacting beyond my norm
  • Sharing things I don't share (because I actually feel comfortable to share & they actually understand), etc
I need victory! I am naturally an introvert and so this connection thing is very rare.
I truly understand. I have read some Christian books about that, in the Christian Pyschology section

Upvote 0