How do you battle the "Christian" protestors?

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read all the prophets and the NT,
and Jesus.
Go through and read from Genesis to Malachi,
from Matthew to Revelation.
They didn't coddle anyone, nor soft-peddle nor compromise the message God gave them to deliver.

Yes. And you know what they all had in common with each other that none of these yahoos had: God actually spoke directly to these people, performed miracles before them and through them, manifested himself and directly gave them marching orders.

These guys are probably political plants, but if they really are Christians, then all they have done is read a book and think of themselves as Jeremiah...with the cardinal difference being that God actually talked directly to Jeremiah and told him what to do. God has not done that with any of these yahoos.

That difference is important. God told the Israelites to go in and drive out the Canaanites. So when THEY did it, under HIS orders, it was ok. But he never told any other people anywhere to do any such thing, so when OTHER PEOPLE did the same thing, there were simply killers and murderers. It was ok for the Israelites BECAUSE God commanded them to do it, for his purposes. When anybody else did the same thing, they were murderers, because it WASN'T the same thing: God talks to some people, and gives them orders. Prophets.

Prophets acting under the orders of God are entitled to do things that yahoos who read a book and imagine themselves prophets are not entitled to do.

When people who haven't talked to God start spewing nonsense that doesn't come from God, they are not agents of God, but of somebody else. They just THINK they are agents of God. Like Caiaphas.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you. Nothing those protesters were doing was Christ-like. Matthew 22:36-40 says the two greatest commandments are to love God and love your neighbor. If we don't exercise those two commandments, then we're not adhering to Christ in the first place.

I've seen plenty of ultra fundamentalists, particularly among Protestants, who castigate Catholics, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, and pretty much anyone with whom they disagree. Sadly, I don't think there's much that can be done. I've spoken to these sorts of people before and brought up the fact that we should love and respect our inter-denominational brothers and sisters, and they always respond with hostility by saying things like, "Well, I'm just trying to save Catholics, JWs, Mormons, etc. from hell." My experiences show me that no amount of scripture or persuasion, no matter how well-reasoned, gets through to them. The only thing we can really do is pray for them.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are not Christian denominations; they are cults. They don't preach the true gospel at all. Jews who have not repented and believed in Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah are still dead in their sins. It's not accurate to call everyone in Roman Catholic Church unsaved, but the gospel isn't preached or heard among them very often either (typically, "Jesus + works" is how a Catholic will perceive salvation).

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BLM is almost a terrorist organization at this point. Its not racist to call out how they're dividing society when they should be calling for unity like MLK did. As for the list of sinners, only God judges ones salvation. If they are calling out judgements that is not right, God alone is judge. We are commanded to expose evil however. Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

What is defined as a feminine side? Remember Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.
This is more than a part of the law, it is an abomination unto the Lord. Showing emotion is not considered feminine though, even though people might say "manly men don't cry" or something like that , remember John 11:35 Jesus wept.

Jesus preached openly in the streets, it is the natural state of man to reject God. Are those people false Christians, or are you lukewarm? I am not saying they're 100% correct, but maybe they are onto something. Everyone sins and falls short of the glory of God, we respond to brothers and sisters in error gently, out of love that they may be turned back to the truth. Maybe they practice truth, and you don't see it. Remember, don't judge.
Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

And 1 Corinthians 6:9 includes the effeminate.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is true.. I agree that 9/10 times you shouldn't get involved but at the same time there is a rare event in where it is just felt in the inside that you should atleast show a good/true example of who Jesus is. That whole park attracted a huge gathering of the public and the bright side is that even the non-believers (Muslims, Jews, Atheists)were going "Jesus isn't like that".

But just out of curiosity, is there a verse or chapter in the Bible that rebukes this?
You could remind them that God said. Not by power or by might but by His Spirit

And than let them know that they are indeed outside of Christ and are doing things that are against and misrepresenting His Spirit

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thing. Right now Christ's Ministry is as the Lamb of God. That Ministry remains until the year of Gods Favor is complete

What is happening here is that the false witnesses have actually progressed above the doctrine of Christ and have gone above the Master.

Look at 1John 2 and 2John
There's a difference between those who Remain in Him who know of whose Spirit they truly are of and those who "go out from Him" who make manifest that the do Not know of whose Spirit the truly are of

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,235,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Normally it is best to just walk away, however an incident happened last night at Union Square in New York City, in where a "Christian" Church was causing a huge commotion. They wearing shirts and yelling on the top of their lungs on how homosexuals, Catholics, jews, and random sinners are in need of repentance or they are going to hell. The crowds in Union Square blew up and it became a huge debate between them and the crowds. They even had the audacity to be a bit racial by saying negative things about Black people (ironically, some of the protesters were black). It was a huge blow up, with cops around and it reached about 4+ hours.
Is this that screwed up family from Kansas whose name isn't even worthy of mention? Or do they have a doppelganger now?
As a Christian who is Catholic but is also very close to a Non-denominational-Protestant church, i found this very offensive because of the fact that it was destroying the true of Image that Christ wanted.. and there just comes a time where you can't just let that happen.
They are earning the wages of death for themselves. And get held up as an example of Christianity
What kind of biblical verse can you give that rebukes this kind of acts? Do you and your church support this yourself - going into a public area with huge signs "Jesus is God", "Repent" and yell at the top of your lungs as to why they should repent?
"Get behind me, Satan" is too mild.

They already hate me for being Catholic. And I support them not one tiny bit. I DO ignore them and suggest you do as well. They love the attention. Oh, yes, and I have a theory that they are actually paid agents of Satan out to make Christianity look bad. It might be worth it for someone to research that to perhaps discover whether there is a money trail leading back to someone with a sexual revolutionary background. I suspect the data is there for a persistent researcher to find.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,235,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you and your church support this yourself - going into a public area with huge signs "Jesus is God", "Repent" and yell at the top of your lungs as to why they should repent?
Having read all the posts in this thread I think that there must be wide support for this group. I would have thought they would have zero support but I think I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are not Christian denominations; they are cults. They don't preach the true gospel at all. Jews who have not repented and believed in Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah are still dead in their sins. It's not accurate to call everyone in Roman Catholic Church unsaved, but the gospel isn't preached or heard among them very often either (typically, "Jesus + works" is how a Catholic will perceive salvation).

I never endorsed Mormon or Jehovah's Witness theology. All I did was say that it isn't right to be mean to them like what you're doing. Also, why are you suggesting there's an issue with Catholicism? Just because they don't believe in sola scriptura doesn't mean that anything is wrong with how they practice Christianity.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Normally it is best to just walk away, however an incident happened last night at Union Square in New York City, in where a "Christian" Church was causing a huge commotion. They wearing shirts and yelling on the top of their lungs on how homosexuals, Catholics, jews, and random sinners are in need of repentance or they are going to hell. The crowds in Union Square blew up and it became a huge debate between them and the crowds. They even had the audacity to be a bit racial by saying negative things about Black people (ironically, some of the protestors were black). It was a huge blow up, with cops around and it reached about 4+ hours.

As a Christian who is Catholic but is also very close to a Non-denominational-Protestant church, i found this very offensive because of the fact that it was destroying the true of Image that Christ wanted.. and there just comes a time where you can't just let that happen.

What kind of biblical verse can you give that rebukes this kind of acts? Do you and your church support this yourself - going into a public area with huge signs "Jesus is God", "Repent" and yell at the top of your lungs as to why they should repent?
I would note that I was not there to exactly witness the event, but there is a one main scripture that I find relevant to that situation.

Philippians 1:15-18

I would say the question should NOT be, "going into a public area with huge signs "Jesus is God", "Repent" and yell at the top of your lungs as to why they should repent?" The more concerning question is about using the freedoms found in The Constitution of the United States; how can a group of Christians best reflect the message of Christ in a public manner?

In and of itself, there is absolutely nothing wrong about Christians carrying huge signs "Jesus is God" and "Repent" and vocalizing it in an audible manner, however anyone doing so must be aware and look in their mirror. They better know the difference between a message of goodwill, the defense of the gospel from that of having selfish ambition that stems from envy and rivalry.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Normally it is best to just walk away, however an incident happened last night at Union Square in New York City, in where a "Christian" Church was causing a huge commotion. They wearing shirts and yelling on the top of their lungs on how homosexuals, Catholics, jews, and random sinners are in need of repentance or they are going to hell. The crowds in Union Square blew up and it became a huge debate between them and the crowds. They even had the audacity to be a bit racial by saying negative things about Black people (ironically, some of the protestors were black). It was a huge blow up, with cops around and it reached about 4+ hours.

I'm a Fundamentalist as well and think that these people have the right to protest in the streets the word of God. In fact, to preach the word of God is encouraged several times over in the bible and yes, even in this way. Jesus didn't preach God's word in a kind and loving manner either, he said it the way it was (Matthew 10:34). So, when I first read this I was going to side with the people protesting and not the OP. However, nowhere in the bible does it say anything about black people, that's just racist hatred.

I believe what the black protestors were protesting about was that, slavery should still exist. So, there wasn't anything hypocritical about what they said, if that's what they believed. However, I think they're slightly misguided and confused.

Yes, slavery was in the bible. But, slavery wasn't limited to JUST blacks. In fact, most of the slaves in the bible and in historical times were white. So if they were protesting that slavery is no more and that slavery should continue to exist they should be protesting slaves of ALL races. Also, nowhere in the bible did it say that God COMMANDED us to have slaves, just that we had the option to have slaves if we wanted them. So, whether you have slaves or not you're not committing a crime against God. Also, the times of black slavery? Were not biblical in any way, shape, or form. First off, black slaves were treated like scum
when the bible taught the exact opposite (Deuteronomy 15:12-15) (Ephesians 6:9) (Colossians 4:1). Black men were treated like less than other men. When God taught that all men were created equal (Genesis 1:27). Also, black slaves were bought and sold which the bible spoke specifically against (Exodus 21:16) (1 Timothy 1:8-10)

So, biblically these protestors had no biblical right to be fighting for black slavery. It was as evil and twisted as slavery got in our history.

The rest of what they said was all true and right and they had a right to be out in the streets protesting. So, my advice would be to just ignore them. As Americans they have the right to equal protest and they have a right to freedom of religion. I would also say, don't take all of their words to heart as some of the words that you said they were protesting about? Are NOT the word of God. You are free to form your own religious beliefs and if you have confidence in your beliefs, than you have a right to practice them. Don't get offended when people say your religious beliefs are wrong. Many people say mine are wrong, and I don't let it get to me because, there are many people that agree with me as well. You don't have to listen to every single person who disagrees with you or seek approval from others. To "retort" against these people, would be hatred and wrongful judgement on your part. They have a right to practice their religious beliefs just as much as you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Never wrestle with a pig, you will both get dirty but the pig will enjoy it. Never argue with an idiot, someone watching may not be able to distinguish between the two of you. And everybody in the world is entitled to their own opinion no matter how ridiculous it is.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do not give these people biblical verses. An organized "protest group" like that are not really Christians. They are political agents disguising themselves as Christians in order to discredit Christianity. Arguing with them on the merits of religion is pointless. Arguing with them at all is pointless. Jesus might have. He could also raise the dead and walk on water. And he didn't convert any Pharisees. You're not Jesus, you're not going to persuade paid enemies.

I think they really believed what they were doing was for Christ. There were also two christians who weren't affiliated with them that seemed to support.

One of them was Black pastor from Canada... and he was intelligent in what he was saying. He was conversing with 3 other dudes and maturely debating why homosexuality is a sin, why islam isn't the right religion, and why intelligent design was the most logical belief in comparison to atheism. He was really smart. Problem is that it was like he was ok with all that, he went in and shook their hand. I even told him the massive insults they did, and he was "like i don't know what they did.." (i don't know how he didn't see it) and how those protests work for some and it has chances to attract somebody.

He gave pamphlets of his church. It's called Christ's Forgiveness Ministires and it is located in Toronto.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I never endorsed Mormon or Jehovah's Witness theology. All I did was say that it isn't right to be mean to them like what you're doing. Also, why are you suggesting there's an issue with Catholicism? Just because they don't believe in sola scriptura doesn't mean that anything is wrong with how they practice Christianity.

I didn't say be mean to them - I just said don't call them Christians because they aren't. Which means, they are people we should share the gospel with lovingly.

If a Catholic has repented from his sin and believed his salvation through what Jesus did on the cross alone, he is saved. If he depends on Christ plus his own works (sacraments, attending the Catholic church, being confirmed, going to confession, etc.), he's believed a false gospel and is not saved. Humans works are not going to get anyone saved (Romans 3:20). Responding in repentence and faith to Jesus' finished work on the cross is all that's necessary for salvation. And communion is a symbol, not the resacrificing of Jesus' body over and over again. He died once and for all, and His resurrection proves it was sufficient. He's living at the right hand of the Father in heaven until He comes to bring judgment on His enemies (1 Thessalonians 1:8-9) and restore all things (Acts 3:21)--including resurrecting/gathering and rewarding His saints. I think there are a lot of things that are wrong with Roman Catholicism, but as long as individuals believe the true gospel (as indicated above), I'm not going to say they aren't saved.

BTW, not all Protestants are saved either. Perhaps they consider themselves saved because they are "good people" who go to church. Perhaps they prayed a prayer one time when they were younger but nothing changed (because their heart wasn't in it), and by their works, they deny Him (Titus 1:16).

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Fundamentalist as well and think that these people have the right to protest in the streets the word of God. In fact, to preach the word of God is encouraged several times over in the bible and yes, even in this way. Jesus didn't preach God's word in a kind and loving manner either, he said it the way it was (Matthew 10:34). So, when I first read this I was going to side with the people protesting and not the OP. However, nowhere in the bible does it say anyt

But they thing is isn't the way of Christ, forgiveness? That is what he presented to people, not condemnation. Take a look at the prostitute in John chapter 8, the: "Ye who has the least amount of sin cast the first stone". After her condemners left, he told her "you are forgiven, sin no more". Forgiveness came first. He did not go, "lady you have done so many sins so repent so i can forgive you and so you won't burn in hell".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But they thing is isn't the way of Christ, forgiveness? That is what he presented to people, not condemnation. Take a look at the prostitute in John chapter 8, the: "Ye who has the least amount of sin cast the first stone". After her condemners left, he told her "you are forgiven, sin no more". Forgiveness came first. He did not go, "lady you have done so many sins so repent so i can forgive you and so you won't burn in hell".

Jesus preached repentance (e.g., Matthew 4:17, Matthew 9:13, Luke 13:3, Luke 24:47) and so did Peter (e.g., Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19), and Paul (e.g., Acts 17:30) and others. We can't come to Jesus for forgiveness of sins without acknowledging our sinfulness and consciously desiring to turn from it--"dethroning" ourselves and making Christ our Lord.

Jesus knew the heart of the adulteress. She could have conceivably repented already during that time she was thinking she might be about to be stoned. And He offered forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Non-denoms are really just baptist-lite with a different label IMHO.
Not really. Most of the non-denoms I have had contact with have been more Arminian or even Wesleyan in theology. (like you can and often do lose salvation)

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Cis.jd. Christians should not battle, a Christian`s weapon is Love and compassion. Jesus told us in
Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." A Christian should do all to ease a tension, or pray for it.
It might not always be easy to do, but with God`s help all things are possible. Satan will flee from all love and compassion. Always remember that love will overcome all attacks of Satan and his followers, the Holy Spirit and Jesus our Saviour will always help and guide and lead us, JESUS IS THE WAY, LET US FOLLOW HIM, and pray with all our hearts.
I say this with love, Cis.jd. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The main problem with this type of behavior is that IT IS STUPID. It does not accomplish the desired result.
It's more of the Westboro Baptist form of Christianity that shows no love, compassion, or intelligence.

When I was young I had the "opportunity" to experience Hellfire preaching in the South. It was hours of "you're all goin' ta Hell". My response at the time was "and I know who will be right there with me".

Upvote 0