How do you act around people who are openly Satanists?

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And what do you think about such a situation? I'm just curious how you would handle it.

I've seen people who zeal about it, too. But the way I see it, Satan cannot hope to surpass the power of God or Jesus. Or the devil does hope and does try, but in vain. And that any curses done in the name of Satan can be undone in the name of Holy Trinity.

But for some reason, I just don't say it out loud for not starting an argument.

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satanism rests on a claim that Lucifer was unfairly deemed Satan for simply having man embrace their true nature, which is a directly inverse notion of the Christian perspective which states that we were deceived into Lucifer's adversarial nature.

Being that 90% of them don't even know the literature of Satanism, I pretty much go about them like I do any sore anti-theist. It's mostly just people who found something to label their rebellion.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall ever being around or interacting with satanists. From time to time I have seen people who dressed in a way that made me wonder, but that's about it. I also don't expect to run into any real soon, but I will keep your question in mind in case I do.

Upvote 0

TheoNewstoss

Aug 19, 2015
✟3,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satanism rests on a claim that Lucifer was unfairly deemed Satan for simply having man embrace their true nature, which is a directly inverse notion of the Christian perspective which states that we were deceived into Lucifer's adversarial nature.

Being that 90% of them don't even know the literature of Satanism, I pretty much go about them like I do any sore anti-theist. It's mostly just people who found something to label their rebellion.

In my experience, many who identify as "Satanists" follow a particular path called LaVeyan Satanism. LaVeyan Satanism is purely atheistic hedonism, a position easily refuted (See Plato's Gorgias, Socrates destroys hedonism). As for theistic Satanists, I would just examine their claims. I doubt any of them hold water. Either way, I would engage them. Ask them questions about what they believe and go from there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I just find Satanism ironic because without Christianity, it wouldn't even exist.

The Satanist I've seen recently seems to see Satan as liberator from oppressors, calling him as Lucifer, a name which he had lost.
The name Satan comes from Judaism, not Christianity (although Judaism does not view Satan the way most Christians do).

Upvote 0

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen them, but I still have trouble understanding them. From what I understand from their behavior, they have become bolder in expressing their faith or philosophy, whatever you call it.

I can act like any other person around them, but I'm still cautious or hesitant enough to befriend them. I don't need to take tolerance so far that I pretend to like a person that's clearly the enemy of my faith, and lose my soul in the process.

Even what you call true tolerance has it's limits. Have "tolerance" away from healthy context of self awareness and self esteem, and you're stepping into submission, not true tolerance. You're letting someone else sway who you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0