Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, as conservatives, I think it is a relevant question for all of us. Many of us hold to the Bible as our standard for truth.

However, our interpretations of the bible may differ greatly.

When debating with our fellow conservatives, and even with the liberal christians in CF, how do we hold onto our truth, offer no compromise to the truth we believe in, and yet speak in such a way that is edifying and not offensive to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?

I think the recent changes in CF, had brought out some of the worst of our characters in our debates with Erwin, with the liberals over the changes. So, I think it will be nice for us to learn how to speak the truth in love.

For me, I try to disagree on the views, but respect the speaker, when speaking on an issue I diagree with.

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're so right, sis. I'm definitely guilt of that. A lot.

As we build this forum, we all need to be accountable to one another. We're creating a cyber congregation, and that means a lot.

This forum has *so much* potential to be something special. We should all utilize the prayer thread a lot, as that one thread should be the cornerstone of the forum.

I suppose we need to accept that while people can disagree with interpretations of the Bible, we all have Christ in us, and any harsh words we say to one another, we say to Him.

calvary_thn.jpg

I love that picture because it shows how linked we are with Him. When we're mean to each other, we're also being mean to the One who was brutalized on our behalf.

In the heat of the moment, things get said, and then often regretted. Maybe we need to focus on the fact that people have been disagreeing over interpretations of the Bible for 2 millenia, but Christianity is still going strong, and disagreements aren't the end of the world.

The Conservative Forum has an awesome responsibility, in some ways, as it's the conservative faction that are feeling marginalized now. But from the very beginning we said we wanted to be a light, and we have a wonderful opportunity to be that.

Also, being mean to someone is likely to make them dig their heels in rather than open their mind. It's hard, though.

Jesus loves us, and we need to consciously remember that the very least we can do is show that love to others.

This whole forum is about Him, and put simply, we denigrate His name when we don't act with love. When we get angry, it's our ego kicking off. Wanting to prove our position, but our position is assured, because we're loved by Him.

We're all hugely equally blessed.

But some of us ramble a little too much :sorry:

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of my pet peeves is that a person attack another person, but pepper their post with lots of smilies as if they haven't really insulted and flamed the other poster.

I think that we should practice speaking to each other as if we are speaking to Jesus. I fail at that often myself, but I do try to keep it in mind.

I also think we should be quick to apologize and quick to forgive. I also think that grudges from previous battles need to be forgotten.

I am very glad you started this thread! :thumbsup:

Lisa

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're so right, sis. I'm definitely guilt of that. A lot.

As we build this forum, we all need to be accountable to one another. We're creating a cyber congregation, and that means a lot.

This forum has *so much* potential to be something special. We should all utilize the prayer thread a lot, as that one thread should be the cornerstone of the forum.

I suppose we need to accept that while people can disagree with interpretations of the Bible, we all have Christ in us, and any harsh words we say to one another, we say to Him.

calvary_thn.jpg

I love that picture because it shows how linked we are with Him. When we're mean to each other, we're also being mean to the One who was brutalized on our behalf.

In the heat of the moment, things get said, and then often regretted. Maybe we need to focus on the fact that people have been disagreeing over interpretations of the Bible for 2 millenia, but Christianity is still going strong, and disagreements aren't the end of the world.

The Conservative Forum has an awesome responsibility, in some ways, as it's the conservative faction that are feeling marginalized now. But from the very beginning we said we wanted to be a light, and we have a wonderful opportunity to be that.

Also, being mean to someone is likely to make them dig their heels in rather than open their mind. It's hard, though.

Jesus loves us, and we need to consciously remember that the very least we can do is show that love to others.

This whole forum is about Him, and put simply, we denigrate His name when we don't act with love. When we get angry, it's our ego kicking off. Wanting to prove our position, but our position is assured, because we're loved by Him.

We're all hugely equally blessed.

But some of us ramble a little too much :sorry:
Thanks, brother. Your picture is very nice, by the way. In ways you do not understand, your picture speaks deeply to me. We must really learn to be more Christ-like to one another. :)

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of my pet peeves is that a person attack another person, but pepper their post with lots of smilies as if they haven't really insulted and flamed the other poster.

I think that we should practice speaking to each other as if we are speaking to Jesus. I fail at that often myself, but I do try to keep it in mind.

I also think we should be quick to apologize and quick to forgive. I also think that grudges from previous battles need to be forgotten.

I am very glad you started this thread! :thumbsup:

Lisa
Thanks, sister. I am also not perfect, and am trying to learn to be Christ-like as well.

I agree whole-heartedly about the grudge thing. We really need to forgive and forget the past hurts and grieves, and battles!!!

Upvote 0