How do we solve a problem like Kim Jong Un?

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
''Few countries are more at the forefront of the American mind than North Korea. Once seen as a brutal dictatorship that was largely harmless to the United States, tensions have now increased to the point where there is a legitimate concern over whether North Korea’s nuclear proliferation, combined with President Trump’s strategy of enforced sanctions, will lead to war.

On top of this, we have never been more aware of just how horrible life is for Christians in the North Korean regime. Simply owning a Bible is enough to be considered an enemy of the state, and many North Korean Christians are spending the rest of their lives malnourished, mistreated, and dying in a prison camp.

It’s clear as Christians we are called to pray for the nation of North Korea, but what’s less clear is what we should pray. Biblically, here are three prompts we are given to guide us as we talk to God about the country of North Korea.''
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/stories/pray-north-koreas-demise/

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Amen. I also pray for wisdom for Trump and that he get the right counsel.
Amen and amen to that. I also pray, in the best manner possible, with as little harm to the harmless North Koreans as possible, that Kim be dispatched, i.e. killed along with any like him. The Bible has no problem with the killing of evil rulers and he is a homicidal nut case.

Reactions: Lapinot
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Bible has no problem with the killing of evil rulers
I'm open to that. My preference is that evil rulers would repent and turn back from evil, but if they will not, more manifest methods are justifiable.

Upvote 0

Lapinot

Dec 17, 2016
Picardy, France
✟16,723.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The North Korean regime has survived the end of Cold War and is still a threat for its neighbors and the world, they hate our way of life and have their own ideological religion ( Jucheism ), so i don't think Kim Jong Un will repent.

I believe either North Korea will fall politically/economically or its regime will be ended by a war or a revolution. There is still a small chance that the next leaders of North Korea decide to be less cruel and allow more freedom to its people and stop the persecution of Christians and other religious groups, which could even give hope for a reunification with South Korea and peace for the Korean Peninsula.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
They can't keep making blatant threats of destruction to us and our allies, while building up, and setting off, their nuclear arsenal and expect this nation to just wait for them to attack. They are crazy, homicidal, maniacs and must be stopped before they strike.

I believe Trump is planning when that will happen, with, I would guess, the least damage to innocent N. Koreans as possible. He's been talking to world leaders and waiting for the right time, the right provocation, I believe.

Whether one likes Trump or not, in the less than a year that he has been in office he has been very busy doing much, already, of what he said he would do before 11/8 - and that with opposition coming at him from all sides. He promised horrors for N.Korea if they don't stop their menacing behaviors. You are free to you opinion and I won't debate it - as this is not a debate forum - but to my mind he says what he means and means what he says. They have gotten away with everything for decades, and we even gave them vast sums of money in the past. And, again, they are nuts. They won't stop being who they are, and our military will eventually strike. Let us pray for the innocent.

• Agree
Reactions: Lapinot
Upvote 0