Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My brother, then it would not be "luck", would it?

This would be an awesome Bible study by the way, to examine not only what we say about "luck", but other ways we don't recognize the One Who IS our focus, always, amen?

Just curious, is "luck" mentioned in the Bible or anything equivalent to it?

Thanks brother.

God bless you.

No no, I meant that I'm using the word, "luck", but actually mean God's providence. :)

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, forgive me for doing so. I didn't think I had done that. Perhaps it's a difference in definition of "heart."

Hmmm...I do this in my mind under the illumination of God's word. By "heart" do you really mean "mind"?

... on judging folks in one's heart..

Nope.

We are asked to humble ourselves in heart. Jesus pointed out that to be clean, we must clean out the inside of the cup, then then outside of the cup will also be clean. He also pointed out that the evil that comes from people's mouths proceeds from their heart, in this same context.

What the critics of Jesus would not accept was his spirit. They would not say, "I am, at heart, a sinner". And they would cover this up merely by cleaning the outside of the cup.

But, the way Jesus gave us was to accept an entirely new Spirit, The Spirit, His Spirit.

In this way, our hearts are cleaned, so we are able to also have the outside of our cup cleansed.

The critics, the accusers, then were refusing to humble themselves (as God asked them long before Jesus came), in the meaningful way God wanted. Not to rend their clothes, but to rend their hearts.

Further, what we the accusers of Jesus doing? Were they listening to the voice and guidance of Jesus in their heart? No, they were not. They were listening to their own heart's desires, and refusing to put them aside for God's heart's desires.

Those whose hearts have been cleaned by Jesus, are they able to spout forth evil still, even if Jesus lives in their heart? We are not yet perfect, but, in general, no. No, we are given new hearts and new minds, and have the mind and heart of Jesus to consult now.

(As for how the heart and the mind are related, but also separate, I would have to say, that is a potentially very deep subject and goes far beyond the scope of this thread. I would throw out there, however, that the mind, we tend to be very conscious of, but the heart hides a great depth, much of which we are not so conscious of. The mind is as the surface of the sea, where we live, as if on a boat, and the heart as the mysterious and deep ocean beneath. But, invariably, this is an incomplete description. In modern psychology language, the "mind" would be akin to the "conscious mind", whereas the heart would be akin to the "unconscious mind" -- or what is typically simply called, "the unconscious". Where it is understood, that this word is ironic, however, as it is the true driver of the mind. And, in this case, science is correct.)

(But persuading anyone of this, is something else altogether... I would, instead, suggest, simply maybe think on it. Maybe true, maybe not. It is true, but people never know such a thing until it is sure for them. If that makes sense.)

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My brother, then it would not be "luck", would it?

This would be an awesome Bible study by the way, to examine not only what we say about "luck", but other ways we don't recognize the One Who IS our focus, always, amen?

Just curious, is "luck" mentioned in the Bible or anything equivalent to it?

Thanks brother.

God bless you.

Preadventure ... as close as you'll get.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You don't fear what you are one with ...

Um...This doesn't really answer my question. When was Adam's voice and God's one and the same voice? I don't know of any place in Scripture that says that. Do you?

You know the answer to your questions ... and it can be found in what I said about Adam's voice ...

I'm afraid this is an answer that is no answer.

the answer is found in process of becoming who we always were

You mean sinners in desperate need of a Saviour?

The revelation of every son is the father,

Sorry, but I've no idea what this means. Can you explain?

a commandment not kept brings a knowledge to us that slays us (rather than defines us) as being less than, in the day we eat to become.

This, too, is essentially gibberish to me. Can you write in clearer, more prosaic style, please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are asked to humble ourselves in heart. Jesus pointed out that to be clean, we must clean out the inside of the cup, then then outside of the cup will also be clean. He also pointed out that the evil that comes from people's mouths proceeds from their heart, in this same context.

Not sure what this has to do with my comments...

What the critics of Jesus would not accept was his spirit. They would not say, "I am, at heart, a sinner". And they would cover this up merely by cleaning the outside of the cup.

Uh huh.

The critics, the accusers, then were refusing to humble themselves (as God asked them long before Jesus came), in the meaningful way God wanted. Not to rend their clothes, but to rend their hearts.

Well, we know from other places in Scripture, that Christ's critics and accusers who refused to humble themselves were "dead in trespasses and sin" and consequently unable to act positively to Christ's message of the coming kingdom of God. They didn't really have a choice but to act in accord with their unregenerate nature. That's how it is for all who God has not drawn to Himself through faith in Christ.

Those whose hearts have been cleaned by Jesus, are they able to spout forth evil still, even if Jesus lives in their heart? We are not yet perfect, but, in general, no. No, we are given new hearts and new minds, and have the mind and heart of Jesus to consult now.

Uh huh.

(As for how the heart and the mind are related, but also separate, I would have to say, that is a potentially very deep subject and goes far beyond the scope of this thread. I would throw out there, however, that the mind, we tend to be very conscious of, but the heart hides a great depth, much of which we are not so conscious of. The mind is as the surface of the sea, where we live, as if on a boat, and the heart as the mysterious and deep ocean beneath. But, invariably, this is an incomplete description. In modern psychology language, the "mind" would be akin to the "conscious mind", whereas the heart would be akin to the "unconscious mind" -- or what is typically simply called, "the unconscious". Where it is understood, that this word is ironic, however, as it is the true driver of the mind. And, in this case, science is correct.)

I'm afraid this tells me almost nothing at all about how you distinguish mind from heart. And you've offered only a description of the two but no rationale for the descriptions. But, as you say, this goes beyond the scope of this thread, so I'll say no more about it.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Simple question:

How do we rid ourselves of pride?

I learn of losing pride is crashing and burning...But I learned that you just grow out of it. I never felt pride because I lost everything and now living in the USA government's money and state.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I learn of losing pride is crashing and burning...But I learned that you just grow out of it. I never felt pride because I lost everything and now living in the USA government's money and state.

With or without any pride at all,
everyone
everywhere
who trusts in the world government to provide their needs
instead of trusting YHWH to provide their needs
no matter how they are provided (some people who gathered manna six days a week trusted YHWH, some people who gathered manna six days a week did not trust YHWH; no one who gathered had too much nor too little ) ....

suffers the same fate; the difference is who is trusted and relied upon for life, including every need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have been belittled from childhood and taught to think that others are better than me. So my problem is low self esteem rather than pride. Yeah, but I also know of people who have been taught all their life that they are too great. These are the types who cannot handle rejection and go too far to bring down those who are responsible for that. They do that because they think they are too superior. So I guess in such cases only if the Lord interfers can there be any change in such persons.
Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Matthew 23:12
Those are the type of people who did that to you, and did not they mainly wound your pride?, and in the end kept you from becoming like them...?

I also know of people with low self esteem or too low of an opinion with oneself, that don't let it show, but will put on and air and show of pride when around and to others, but not really that way in private or in their inner self... And one wonders if that is not causing their to low of self esteem issues...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
With or without any pride at all,
everyone
everywhere
who trusts in the world government to provide their needs
instead of trusting YHWH to provide their needs
no matter how they are provided (some people who gathered manna six days a week trusted YHWH, some people who gathered manna six days a week did not trust YHWH; no one who gathered had too much nor too little ) ....

suffers the same fate; the difference is who is trusted and relied upon for life, including every need.
YHWH will use people and entities like the government to provide for you sometimes though, but important to know it is him (God) and not them...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Seymore Bell

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2017
Jackson, MS
✟49,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Simple question:

Chap. Bell

"How do we rid ourselves of pride?"

What is pride? Pride is the middle letter of the word pride (I). It is all about you, this sin need Christ forgiveness. Therefore, putting you back into a right relationship with HIM. NEBUCHADNEZZAR
exalted himself above the GOD of heaven. God drove him out of his kingdom, "until he know that the most high ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will." The GOD of heaven stripped this king of his prided.

To be free of pride we must put on Christ and love Him with body, soul and spirit.
Lastly, and love people as you love yourself.
(Christ first, you last).

I hope this help.

Simple question:

Simple question:

Simple question:

Upvote 0