Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should I need thought to make myself into something that I have already been made?
One needs to be blinded by the Light... "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." Which has to do with Adam's change of sight in the garden..."Where art thou?" And "Has thou eaten...?" Perception...

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One needs to be blinded by the Light... "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." Which has to do with Adam's change of sight in the garden..."Where art thou?" And "Has thou eaten...?" Perception...

It is amazing what our soul is to us, hence the question, what would a man give for his soul ... well ... his soul of course.

To think your way to sinlessness is like thinking your way to be God, the words, or path of a serpent that lies in the seas, or in confusion, like a pit that one through perception falls into; without bottom, which is the same truth as an ascending that has no end; but never yielding its fullness to you until you have come out of the field that the process of the tree sent you into ... a coming out of babylon (which like Christ, is not an over here or over there thing, but a soul thing, and the process of it).

To say I won't drink is to have drank already, or won't eat, to have eaten already, much like to prove you are the son of God by taking thought; it becomes a serpent to the mind, a tail that casts you down.

The soul is neither good or evil, but nutures every seed planted; And there are two gardeners, just as there are two trees, as there are two men, two gardens, two towers, cities, seats, tables, seeds, and in christ (mind/soul/kingdom) where two become one, which cannot be entered into without taking no thought ... which brings us right back to the same price again, our whole soul

... here a little and there a little are like coming to him by steps, it reveals our nakedness ... or I see (which is inclusive of pride as it is every other devilish thing (that comes from her/wisdom (or what comes out of a bottomless pit) and for how long).

Yet, nothing is out of order, when seen from where he is.

• Friendly
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

The order is backwards for you are trying to prove with that verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simple question:

How do we rid ourselves of pride?

I think there are a lot of ways, but one good way can be a day of significant physical labor, so that your body is tired, but you feel good spiritually. You tend to feel more charitable towards people, and feel more identification with them. Then remember that feeling, adopt it as a way to relate.

Last edited:
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should I need thought to make myself into something that I have already been made?
For Jesus said "Take no thought..." Adam used to walk in the Day this way, when he was one with God in the garden...til a deep slumber came upon him.

"Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light."...blinded by the Light that we might SEE...the son that we are (IN Christ)

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are able to think yourself into sinlessness?

Where are you?

I am from the planet Earth. Tell me about where you are from, because your last statement was a bit out there. ;)

Which has to do with Adam's change of sight in the garden..."Where art thou?" Perception...Where we are seeing FROM...earth/dirt realm or spirit, fully awakened.

"...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light."

One needs to be blinded by the Light... "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simple question:

How do we rid ourselves of pride?
Hi brother. I love your "simple question" postings.

Here is what I have learned about pride. Our old nature, called our "flesh" and pride go together. You cannot walk in your old nature and defeat pride. Why? Because self is on the throne when we walk in our natural man. The very fact we think we can defeat pride by our attempts to humble ourselves is the epitome of pride, is it not?

So what can one do? How exactly does one "become humble"? Here is what I have found ever since the night God showed up and helped me see..... truly understand..... that nothing profits but a new creature.

It is when we finally come to God as captives of Romans 7, longing to truly be holy but fully realizing that all our attempts have ended in failure, that we realize for the first time how impotent our old nature is. How we think we can do things of a spirtual nature if we just focus a little more or try a bit harder. How hard the lesson is that Jesus told us.... that without Him (doing it for us, through us), we can do nothing.

It is a hard lesson.... to finally come to Jesus with NO strength.... but that is where true humility begins, and where pride is finally ready to die.

And when, in our failure, when Romans 7 defines us, when Romans 8 is perhaps positional, but certainly not experiential for us, Christ opens our eyes to how full grace truly is, our whole mentality shifts. When a man or woman chooses to simply believe that the old man really DID die when Christ died, self is finally brought low and just as Paul told us in Colossions 2:20, it no longer is us but Christ now in us, living out our time on earth as new men.

The change from old man to new can be instantaneous. What a miracle it is when someone is ready to "only believe". But arriving at the place where we see that unless God does a flat out miracle inside us, that we will never be holy, nor humble, but always with pride and self love on the throne, whew, that one is the biggie. Thank God in these last days, men and women will somehow simply awake to the truths that have literally been hidden from our understanding ever since the grievous wolves came in to the midst of the church after Paul's death.

What seems almost overwhelmingly impossible right now, that an entire generation of believers, trudging through their Christianity as bound Romans 7 believers, would somehow be awakened to see themselves be transformed into overcoming joy- filled, prideless saints of the most high God, will soon evaporate as the dry bones rattle back to life. At some point, the cry will reverberate from the heavens to our closed up ears and pride-bound hearts here on earth...

"LIVE, BONES, LIVE!"

And at that time, when the church arises from the ashes of religion, dogma and ceremony to become the bride prepared to meet her returning husband, all these years of frustration and hopelessness will be washed away in an instant and joy.... true heaven sent joy.... will become our daily bread. I for one cannot wait.

Blessings to you, my dear friend.

Gids

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I suppose I should chime in at this point in my OP. I agree with many that have posted here: prayer, knowing the scriptures, and working out our pride as humble servants are important, but at the end of the day that leaves us as little more than the disciples in Jesus ministry. With flashes of humility but still bickering about "who is the greatest" at the end of the day.

So what is the key?

Absolute surrender to the Holy Spirit. There is no other way.

To stop trying to do it in our own power and give ourselves fully to the Holy Spirit that lives within. Well how do we surrender to the Holy Spirit?

“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, being rooted and grounded in faith”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:6‬-7 ESV‬‬

By faith. Without faith nothing will suffice to rid ourselves of pride. Faith is the victory that overcomes even the world! 1 John 5:4 and without faith we can do nothing Hebrews 11:6.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To stop trying to do it in our own power and give ourselves fully to the Holy Spirit that lives within. Well how do we surrender to the Holy Spirit?

“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, being rooted and grounded in faith”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:6‬-7 ESV‬‬

By faith. Without faith nothing will suffice to rid ourselves of pride. Faith is the victory that overcomes even the world! 1 John 5:4 and without faith we can do nothing Hebrews 11:6.

I don't know about this... My experience and that of the many people I've discipled over the years has been that failure, harsh, and total, and repeated, brings believers to full - and desperate - dependence upon, and surrender to, the Spirit. The believer who has fully surrendered to God is the one who has experienced and is thoroughly convinced, not merely intellectually but right at their core, of their utter inability to live as God has commanded them to live. That knowledge and experience presses the one who desires to please God to the only Source of power that can enable them to achieve what they desire: the Holy Spirit.

Thinking I can exert sufficient faith to surrender to the Spirit is to trust entirely too much in myself. Even my surrender must be accomplished by God. And He must often humiliate profoundly my pride and confidence in myself through repeated failure before I am ready to get out of His way and in surrender trust entirely to His transforming work in me.

Philippians 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0