How do we restore our effectiveness in Christ?

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said you are the salt of the earth, talking about believers, but if salt loses its effectiveness its good only to be cast under foot.

What must a believer do if they realize they have lost their effectiveness? How does a person's saltiness get restored?

Reactions: Bro Sam

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said you are the salt of the earth, talking about believers, but if salt loses its effectiveness its good only to be cast under foot.

What must a believer do if they realize they have lost their effectiveness? How does a person's saltiness get restored?
Humble ourselves, get back into the word, and submit to what is written and the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are restored to God's plan and purpose when we are renewed. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2Cor5:17) The very first religious festival on the "Jewish" calendar is Purim a time of purification and renewal. This is very much like the Christian teaching of being born again. In the world this is the new year celebration. Everyone looks forward to the new year. As we go through the cycle of life one more time. For the young they are a year older. For the old they are renewed and refreshed and given a new beginning.

" they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You may be very effective and not realize it. Many believe they were meant for 'bigger things' in the church when God actually has small things in mind for them.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may be very effective and not realize it.
We do not know. I remember a summer when I picked at the abortion clinics. I was not aware of making any difference. Then recently a women told me about how she decided to have her son because there were people picketing the clinic. He is around 20 now and doing very well and of course the pride of her life. So in some cases we are able to make a difference if we realize it or not. At the time we did not see that we had any impact and we did not see the changed lives. Even though one night after the clinic closed we had 300 people there from five different churches. Holding hands all the way around the block. Praying in unity for life. Maybe someday we will see the impact that we had. This was just the passion that we felt at the time.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We do not know. I remember a summer when I picked at the abortion clinics. I was not aware of making any difference. Then recently a women told me about how she decided to have her son because there were people picketing the clinic. He is around 20 now and doing very well and of course the pride of her life. So in some cases we are able to make a difference if we realize it or not. At the time we did not see that we had any impact and we did not see the changed lives. Even though one night after the clinic closed we had 300 people there from five different churches. Holding hands all the way around the block. Praying in unity for life. Maybe someday we will see the impact that we had. This was just the passion that we felt at the time.
Well put.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God is more interested in the impact such activities have on you. Virtue is self rewarding.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

If indeed you have lost your saltiness, ask God to show you where you went wrong, then repent and return to what God instructs you to do. HE makes all things new.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is more interested in the impact such activities have on you. Virtue is self rewarding.
The only impact that had on me was how young those girls were. I was in my early 30's telling them not to kill their baby and the people working in the clinic said the girls were impacted up by that. The clinic got a court order to limit us to two picketers at a time. That was when they gave their testimony to the judge about how they were the only people there to help those poor girls in their time of distress and need. The judge ruled and went to lunch. Maybe he was in a hurry to make his decision because he was hungry.

Now I do more to talk to women about when they go to Heaven and they will be reunited with their baby. I had a dream once about a daughter I have in Heaven and I learned a lot from that dream. How the angels watch over them and take good care of them. How there are many relatives going back many years. They have been visit her and they left her a gift. So they take care of her there.

There is a lot of children in Heaven. "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom" Matthew 19:4

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I would say to turn from the sin causing the loss of effectiveness, amen? I think you know what it is. ☺️

blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Scripture speaks to this -

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,

Notice that both Grace and Peace are multiplied to ypu personally in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. It's what you know - your knowledge of God that increases Grace and Peace in your life.
3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue

Notice: has given - past tense - something already given - something we are not waiting for anymore. Jesus paid the price and has already givenus all things that pertain to life and Godliness, through the knowledge of Him.
Then read the following verses culminating in this powerful statement

8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

In other words - never loosing our salt.

Upvote 0