How do we reopen and get back to normal.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The beaches are opening...
Florida beaches open: A list of reopens, restrictions, hours

The stores and restuarants are opening...
Omaha restaurants pleased they can open back up

Kendra Scott, Allens Boots among Texas stores reopening Friday with retail to-go

The offices are planning their opening back up and getting business running..
How the biggest companies in the world are preparing to bring back their workforce

The states are opening back up....
These Are the States Opening Back Up for Business

So what do we need to set up so we can eat, work, play, and socialize at a normal level, even if a new normal

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no answers as I don't think we should be opening up the states anytime soon.

The numbers are going down, yes, but that's because of what the states have done to lower the curve. Just because numbers are going down doesn't mean that we're ready to open things back up again. It's actually the opposite. The numbers should be lower for several months before thinking about opening back up.

Herd immunity isn't proven yet against this virus.

WHO says no evidence of Covid-19 immunity from antibodies - CNN

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
They’ve extended our shelter-at-home mandate for another month. I’ve remained indoors and elected to have everything delivered.

While I understand the principle of reopening. I don’t believe my health is worth the risk. I work from home and most of my activities were transitioned to virtual sources (exercise, culture, etc.)

I don’t think this will be sorted out overnight. I’m taking a long range approach for my household.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
They’ve extended our shelter-at-home mandate for another month. I’ve remained indoors and elected to have everything delivered.

While I understand the principle of reopening. I don’t believe my health is worth the risk. I work from home and most of my activities were transitioned to virtual sources (exercise, culture, etc.)

I don’t think this will be sorted out overnight. I’m taking a long range approach for my household.

~Bella

I wish Florida would also extend the shelter-in-place order and make it more strict. As an EMT, I have to show up for every shift, unless like a couple weeks ago I was quarantined for exposure to Covid-19. Florida put in the shelter-in-place order except for essential businesses while I was out. When I went back to work, I couldn't believe the amount of traffic on the roads. It was insane.

Don't get me wrong, traffic was a little lighter, but I thought that the Interstate would be very light on traffic. It wasn't. Not by a long shot.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

~Bella
Well most people have to decide between going back to work and feeding their family or staying locked down.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish Florida would also extend the shelter-in-place order and make it more strict. As an EMT, I have to show up for every shift, unless like a couple weeks ago I was quarantined for exposure to Covid-19. Florida put in the shelter-in-place order except for essential businesses while I was out. When I went back to work, I couldn't believe the amount of traffic on the roads. It was insane.

Don't get me wrong, traffic was a little lighter, but I thought that the Interstate would be very light on traffic. It wasn't. Not by a long shot.
Very true, traffic was almost back to normal yesterday, and the beaches will open tomorrow.

Upvote 0