USA
✟21,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After battling with Covid-19 myself, I thought my fight was over. Exhausted, but on the mend slowly, since I'm no longer testing positive. Then my dear mother fell ill and within days, was gone. I woke up this morning and just knew she has left us, but that didn't make getting the phone call any easier. I couldn't say goodbye. I hadn't seen her in weeks, other than through video calls every now and then, due to me being so sick. I know she's at peace and not suffering, but that doesn't ease the pain. I wasn't ready to be without her. I'm NOT ready. I have to plan her funeral, somehow, seeing as she had no life insurance. I have to move out of our home, a home that's full of memories, but barely liveable. All of this while grieving. While still recovering from a horrific sickness. I haven't worked since lockdowns began, I lost my job. Savings are gone, dwindled away for bills and necessities during the lockdown and for medications while I've been sick. Now, I'm at a loss. I can't afford a funeral, even a small one, or to move, or furnish a place if I find one. I can't afford the bills I have now or even get groceries. Covid has taken EVERYTHING from me now and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. How in the world am I supposed to move forward right now? I've got nothing left in me. Not even anyone to talk to. Just...nothing.

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Condolences) Lord God we pray for SunsetsAndSkylines. Be with her at this most difficult time. Provide the necessary funds for her moms funeral and for other needs at this time. Help her during this very dire time in her life. Put some people around her who'd give good support and counsel. Please see her through. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Soldier of the Cross, I live in Kentucky and I do belong to a congregation. Services are taking place online, and my pastor has been so kind during this rough time, but things still feel so...dark, for lack of a better word.
I'd like to say I understand what you're going through, but that really wouldn't be true. I've dealt with sickness and death with someone I love, but I haven't lost my job and had financial troubles at the same time, while being sick myself. I can understand why you would feel dark though.
Without completely knowing your situation, I would say to reach out to your congregation and ask for help, whether it be spiritual, emotional, or financial. That is what a congregation should do for any one of its members.
Remember that Jesus is the light. He understands your pain completely. He cried Himself when his friend died. Pray a lot. I will continue to do that for you as well.
God is your strength.

Upvote 0