How do We Know if We are in YHWH's Renewed Covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Jer 31:31
Behold, the days are coming, averring is Yahweh, when I will contract a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

(CLV) Jer 31:32
Not like the covenant which I contracted with their fathers in the day I held fast onto their hand to bring them forth from the land of Egypt, which covenant of Mine they themselves annulled while I was Possessor over them, averring is Yahweh.

(CLV) Jer 31:33
For this is the covenant which I shall contract with the house of Israel after those days, averring is Yahweh: I will put My law within them, And I shall write it on their heart; I will become their Elohim, And they shall become My people.

This is the covenant. Would YHWH go back on his word, and neglect to write his Torah on the hearts of his people? Can we say that we are in this renewed covenant; if his Torah is not written on our hearts?

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Law of Christ also known as the Law of the Spirit is written in the Hearts of New covenant believers - not 'the Ten' but the New Commandment to Love as Jesus said.

YHWH said that he would write his Torah on our hearts. The ten commandments are part of his Torah.

I'll take his word over yours. Thanks.

Doug Brents
Doug Brents
The passage quoted in the OP does not say that the Torah will be written on the hearts in the New Covenant. It says, “I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts”
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YHWH said that he would write his Torah on our hearts. The ten commandments are part of his Torah.

I'll take his word over yours. Thanks.

Yes - His Law as in the Law of the Spirit of life.

Not the Law of sin and death.

We are freed from the curse of the Law recorded in Deut 28.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YHWH said no such thing.

YHWH has spoken through the Apostles and we have the very words recorded in the New Testament.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We are freed from the curse of the Law recorded in Deut 28.

We are freed from the curses of the Torah; when we obey the Torah. When we obey the Torah; we get the blessings of the Torah. This is life.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are freed from the curses of the Torah; when we obey the Torah. When we obey the Torah; we get the blessings of the Torah. This is life.

Wrong...

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
YHWH has spoken through the Apostles and we have the very words recorded in the New Testament.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Those are Paul's words, not YHWH's; and he's talking about the same law, YHWH's Torah. Obedience to YHWH's Torah brings life. Disobedience brings death. YHWH makes this clear.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are Paul's words, not YHWH's; and he's talking about the same law, YHWH's Torah. Obedience to YHWH's Torah brings life. Disobedience brings death. YHWH makes this clear.

So you don't believe the New Testament is inspired by God...

We will have to leave it there...

Let the reader understand.

Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So you don't believe the New Testament is inspired by God...

We will have to leave it there...

Do you believe that every word that Paul wrote has the same authority as every word that YHWH spoke?

Paul is not so easy to understand. You can tell when YHWH is speaking though a prophet; because the prophet says, "thus sayeth YHWH."

Your misunderstanding of Paul's letters does not qualify as the word of YHWH.

If your understanding does not match up with scripture, the TaNaK, then it should be rejected.

Misunderstandings of Paul's letters are responsible for nearly every heresy since Yahshua walked the earth.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't that come automatically upon entering covenant?

You seem to have mixed up the causality in the scripture you quoted.

Jeremiah 31:31 For this is the covenant which I shall contract with the house of Israel after those days

You have to be considered a part of the House of Israel first, before the covenant shall be contracted with them.

• Agree
Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You have to be considered a part of the House of Israel first, before the covenant shall be contracted with them.

Do you believe that YHWH will allow you into his house before you repent?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am in the Body of Christ, not the House of Israel, so that question is irrelevant to me.

The body of Messiah and the house of Yashar El are one in the same. You can not be in one, and not the other.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The body of Messiah and the house of Yashar El are one in the same. You can not be in one, and not the other.

There is no scripture that states that explicitly, not that I know of.

Any scripture you have in mind?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is no scripture that states that explicitly, not that I know of.

Any scripture you have in mind?

Ephesians 2

11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations (Gentiles) in flesh - who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands -"

Not anymore!

12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world."

Not anymore! Hmmm...covenants, plural.

13 Yet now, in Christ Jesus, you, who once are far off, are become near by the blood of Christ."

Citizens of Israel.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

14 For He is our Peace, Who makes both one, and razes the central wall of the barrier"

No difference between those who were born into the false dogma of Judaism, and those who were born into the false teaching of Paganism. All of those in Yahshua are in the truth of YHWH's perfect Torah.

15 (the enmity in His flesh), nullifying the law of precepts in decrees, (dogma, Talmud) that He should be creating the two, in Himself, into one new humanity, making peace;"

Israel!

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

16 and should be reconciling both in one body to God through the cross, killing the enmity in it."

(CLV) Num 15:15
As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you. It shall be an eonian (FOREVER) statute throughout your generations. Like you so shall the sojourner be before Yahweh.

17 And, coming, He brings the evangel of peace to you, those afar, and peace to those near, 18 for through Him we both have had access, in one spirit, to the Father." 19 Consequently, then, no longer are you guests and sojourners, but are fellow-citizens of the saints and belong to God's family,

(CLV) Num 15:16
One law and one custom, it shall come to be for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you.

(CLV) Ex 12:49
One law shall there be for both the native and for the sojourner sojourning in your midst.

(CLV) Lv 24:22
The same judgment shall you come to have; for the sojourner as well as the native shall it be: for I, Yahweh, am your Elohim.

(CLV) Num 15:29
For the native among the sons of Israel and for the sojourner sojourning in their midst, one law shall apply for you, to anyone doing it through inadvertence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.