Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Paul says; “so that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye be unreproveable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, through whom ye were called into the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1:7–9)

Notice, when Jesus is revealed he will also confirm us to the end, placing his revelation before the end. So this Revelation is not at the end of the world as charismatics say.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;” (Revelation 1:1)

John uses the same Greek word as Paul speaking of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

602. ἀποκάλυψις apŏkalupsis, ap-ok-al´-oop-sis; from 601; disclosure:—appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

Strong, J. (2009). A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible (Vol. 1, p. 14).

So John's book of Revelation is the same revelation Paul spoke of. Telling believers to come behind in any gift until then.
Simply put no. Paul was speaking of the coming of Jesus Christ as he did in the later chapters of 1 Corinthians. 15
22For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
24then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simply put no. Paul was speaking of the coming of Jesus Christ as he did in the later chapters of 1 Corinthians. 15
22For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
24then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
Please re-read it carefully. The Revelation of Jesus Christ which shall ALSO confirm you to the end, is not the end of the world.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just gave one. Several more available if needed.
No, you haven't given any.
1 Corinthians 12 says:
4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;
5 there are different forms of service but the same Lord;
6 there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone.
7 To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.
9 to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit;

God communicates with his children through the gift of the Holy Spirit and that Holy Spirit still remains in his children today, just as it did when it was sent to the Church on Pentecost. As the Gospel of John says:
14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
17. the Spirit of truth
which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

16: 13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
14 He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
15 Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.

God speaks to his children through the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you haven't given any.
1 Corinthians 12 says:
4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;
5 there are different forms of service but the same Lord;
6 there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone.
7 To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.
9 to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit;

God communicates with his children through the gift of the Holy Spirit and that Holy Spirit still remains in his children today, just as it did when it was sent to the Church on Pentecost. As the Gospel of John says:
14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
17. the Spirit of truth which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you.

16: 13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
14 He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
15 Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.

God speaks to his children through the Holy Spirit.
It was tongues, prophecy and knowledge scripture replaced. Many gifts remain.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please re-read it carefully. The Revelation of Jesus Christ which shall ALSO confirm you to the end, is not the end of the world.
I have read it. I have read what the Church teaches and it is about the coming of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read it. I have read what the Church teaches and it is about the coming of Jesus Christ.
But John provided thr Revelation of Jesus Christ Paul said "will also confirm you until the end". So it happens before the end of the world.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was tongues, prophecy and knowledge scripture replaced. Many gifts remain.
You have nothing to prove this but we have plenty showing you wrong. The Church never taught that it ceased and still practices all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have nothing to prove this but we have plenty showing you wrong. The Church never taught that it ceased and still practices all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
The gifts are not genuine since the end of the first century.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard some say that christians can only hear God's voice through scripture and that any who claim to hear God's voice inwardly are deluded and false.

But this is wrong. All believers hear God's voice in their hearts.

Consider how Abraham heard God's voice. He did not have scripture yet.

While scripture is all given by inspiration of God, scripture can only be known and understood by the spiritual man not the natural man (1 Cor 2).

"11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."(1 Cor 2:11-14)

When Jesus spoke to the religious people and pharasees he said things like this,

John 8 - 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.”

They may have heard him physically speaking but they did not hear his word in their heart.

We read

John 5 - 24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life... 37. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

To hear God’s voice was not to simply hear Jesus speaking to them physically. All heard him speak this way. No they had to hear in their heart and receive his word inwardly in the heart. The seed is the word of God sown in the heart (Luke 8).

Jesus said they had not his word abiding in them. They had scriptures and thought they heard Gods word. But they did not have his word in their hearts and they did not recognize the living Word made flesh standing in front of them.

Many today’s might think they only hear God through scriptures but they are mistaken and may be in danger of being like the Pharisees who did not see with spiritual eyes or hear with spiritual ears. While God can speak through scriptures as we read them. The witness is inward in the heart. Otherwise the pharisees would have life and hear God's voice by simply reading scriptures as they did. They trusted in the scriptures to give them eternal life, but the scriptures testified of Jesus whom they did not hear right in front of them.

The word is working in those who believe as Paul said ,

1 Thessalonians 2 - 13. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

Consider these spiritual verses also

Hebrews 4 - 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Luke 8 - 11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”

Deuteronomy 30 - 10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 11. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13. Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14. But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.”

John 8 - 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”

Just reading scripture as the Pharisees did or even hearing Jesus speak as they did did not mean they were of God. They needed to hear his word in their heart and believe.

Men can even have God work in their hearts and the work of the law as well even if they did not have the written scriptures this is God's natural way of dealing with all men, as we read,

"14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel"(Romans 2:14-16 KJV)

Paul also said that God manifest what can be known of him inwardly to men, and all can feel after him and find him no matter where they are

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."(Romans 1:18,19 KJV)

"26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"(Acts 17:26,27 KJV)

Hearing God’s Voice:

Greetings:

My dear brother “Love of Truth”:

I agree with you that we have to hear God’s Word in our heart and receive His word inwardly. We have to listen to what God is saying to us by His Spirit (no doubt about it).​

As for all believers hearing God’s voice in their hearts:

Not sure I agree with you on this one, brother. Even Paul did not hear the Holy Spirit in going to Jerusalem. Sometimes our own desires can muffle out what God is trying to say to us sometimes.​

You said, “I have heard some say that Christians can only hear God's voice through scripture and that any who claim to hear God's voice inwardly are deluded and false.”:

My response to this statement: “Maybe it is a misunderstanding on words here, but I believe that our hearing of God’s voice inwardly is in line with Scripture in some way. I believe God continually communicates to us based on what we see written in His Holy Word.”​

Anyways, before I continue, I just want to say that I love you in Jesus Christ, brother. I hold no ill will towards you. I feel in some ways we have a kinship or a connection in Christ (based on the things we have discussed in God’s Word on other topics and personal experiences we have shared together). Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say here, I believe I disagree with you on two things you have said, dear brother. Please know that I am wishing you nothing but good things to you in Jesus Christ and this does not mean I agree with others here in other beliefs that they hold to (as I am sure you know). I also would still be honored if I did meet you someday in the Lord (if it is God’s will). If you disagree (after reading what I had written), please know that it does not effect my love for you in Christ Jesus. I may disagree with you on the two things you have said, but I am commanded to love you with the power of Christ (working in me) nonetheless.

Introduction:

God does talk to us throughout all time. From Adam to Joseph, God directly talked with his people audibly. They heard God audibly with no Scripture. From Moses to the time of Jesus Christ and His early church, they had both the written Word of God and God directly talking to them audibly. But we [the church] have something today, that they did not have. We have easy and quick access to God’s Word in an instant at any moment we want. Back then, the average person could not easily carry an entire set of the Scriptures like we can (on our phones or with a tiny Bible); And as the Bible was being formed (even with the early church), they did not have access to a complete Bible yet, either. Yesterday, when my wife and I were walking outside doing our normal weekly squirrel watching routine, God brought a verse to my attention in regards to this matter. Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed (John 20:29). Believed what? An inner voice alone? Surely not. It would be the gospel, and the doctrine (teachings) of Jesus Christ as written in the New Testament. Today, we are more blessed because we are not seeing some kind of vision or receiving some kind of inner confirmation first without God’s Word.

Clearly we all know that the Bible is not a dead set of words on paper. They are spiritually alive because God wrote these words and because God’s Spirit continues to abide with His Word trying to convict people of sin and righteousness. Sin is what clouds a person’s relationship with God and their understanding on Scripture. Certain people don’t want to see what Scripture says many times because of a man made tradition or belief (that is sinful) or because of their own wrong thoughts.

The Bible also talks about God’s voice today is heard through Scripture. God can use life situations, the animal kingdom, and by His Spirit convicting us of right or wrong; However, all these things would all be confirmed by what we learned and or have studied in God’s Word.

Let me give you an example:

Back when I lived in the state I grew up in: There was this baby deer that was living in my backyard once for about two weeks. It's mother would come by and feed it and then leave. However, it would make noises to it's mother at night, which would sometimes make it hard for me to sleep. So the one day, I was presented with an opportunity to get rid of this baby deer safely. So I decided to put on my black rubber work gloves and go outside in order to grab him gently and throw him over the chain link fence back into the forest where it's mother was at.

So I walked really slow and got really close to him; And just when I was about to grab him, he quickly bolted to the front of the house. This scared me a little, because I did not want the little guy getting hit by any cars in the front of the house, seeing I live on a busy street. However, when I got to the front of the house, he did not go near the traffic of the road, which was good. So he started to move back towards the backyard again. However, this time he went into the neighbor's back yard. This was perfect because they had a gate to their backyard so I could close it behind me, ensuring my capture of the little guy.

So I pinned him behind some stacked up wood behind the neighbor's shed and I grabbed him. He was kicking and screaming as I held him in my hands; And then I threw him over the chain link fence back into the forest. He landed safely on the other side of the fence; And later, I eventually seen him reunite with his mother (Which put me at ease).

However, afterwards I kept thinking to myself of how scared this baby deer was when I was holding it in my hands. I mean, it had no idea what I was going to do it. It probably thought I was trying to either eat it or hurt it in some way. In fact, I could actually feel the fear dripping off of this poor little guy.

Anyways, later that evening, when I was watching a video on "YouTube" by a certain Pastor, as per my usual routine throughout the week (back then), he told me about the following passages:

Isaiah 13:11a - "And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity ..."

Isaiah 13:13 - "Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger."

Isaiah 13:14 - "And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land."​

So I asked myself, "What is a roe"?

So I looked it up on the internet and low and behold, a roe is a baby deer! Here I was just a few hours earlier chasing a baby deer and I could feel it's fear in the fact that I was chasing it. This was a passage that God wanted to show me. He wanted to show me that the world will one day run in fear as the chased roe when God (i.e. Jesus Christ) will return to end all evil and iniquity. It was powerful! Coincidence one might say?

There were more of these kinds of things that took place.

The Bible mentions how there are no new revelations or new words from God. We are not out to create another religion based on the Bible or to add another holy book or another set of new revelations or visions to God’s Word. Our primary way of tuning into God is by His Word (the Bible) and following that message in prayer that is guided to bring about obedience to His Word. We are told to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or not. A new revelation is not going to help us test the spirits. God’s Word is the test. Even our prayer should be in line with what we read in Scripture. Jesus told us how to pray. The Pharisees had the Scriptures, but they did not obey because they simply ignored the weightier matters of the law like love, faith, justice, and mercy (See Matthew 23:23, and Luke 11:42). So it was sin. They no doubt wanted the enjoyment of their sin instead of obeying God and accepting the Messiah. John 3:19-20 says all who do evil hate the light because their deeds are evil. It was not a matter that they were ignoring God’s still small voice alone (although the Spirit does seek to convict men of sin - John 16:8). They were also ignoring God’s Word. Jesus will judge us based on the fact that they did not receive Him and by the fact that they did not do what He said (See John 12:48). A person abiding in sin or justifying a sinful belief is not going to be able to see what God’s Word really says. The dangers of seeking to just listen to some inner voice (without Scripture) can lead others to think they do not need the Bible. The Bible is essential to our faith. Without the Bible, we would have no faith.

(Continued in next post):

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reasons Why God’s Voice is Only Heard Today Through the Bible (Scripture):

1. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). We are born again by hearing the written words of God (via the gospel message from the Bible). “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and abides forever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower thereof falls away: But the word of the Lord endures forever; And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” (1 Peter 1:23-25). When Jesus says we must be born of water, He was talking about the written Word of God. Ephesians 5:25-27 refers to the word as water. Jesus says, you are made clean by the word that is spoken unto you (John 15:3). In the Parable of the Sower, we learn that the Son of Man (Jesus) is the sower (Matthew 13:37) and the seed is the gospel message (i.e. the written Word of God) (Luke 8:11). Jesus words are spiritual and they are life (John 6:63). His audible words have been memorialized with written Scripture. Yes, we need to be born again by the Spirit, and we need to be able to have spiritual ears to hear. Yes, we cannot understand Scripture without God. But God does not speak to us outside of His Word. Everything we do as Christians is in line with God’s Word.

2. Hebrews 1:1-2 says, “‭‭“Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.” (NLT). These words of the Son (Jesus) are written down for us to follow.

3. Do not add or take away from the prophecy of this book. God knew that Revelation would be the closing words of the book known as the Bible today. While the Bible is made up of separate books, each of those books do not stand alone today as being the whole counsel of the Word of God. The canon of Scripture today is closed. This means that we do not add anything to Scripture; God has given us what we were meant to have in His Word (which is now written down) (See Revelation 22:18-19).

4. We have a more sure Word of prophecy. This more sure Word of prophecy is obeying the teachings of Jesus. For it is written: “For we have not followed cunningly devised myths, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; to which you do well that you take heed, as unto a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of one's own interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.“ (2 Peter 1:16-21). Verse 18 says: “And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.” In the Mount of Transfiguration, God the Father said to the 3 disciples present, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear him.” (John 17:5). So God the Father was telling the disciples to hear (listen and obey) Jesus; And not some internal voice alone (that is separate from Scripture).

5. We have what Old Testament prophets and saints do not have. We have God’s Word at our fingertips. “Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.” (1 Corinthians 13:8-10) (vs. 8-9 KJV) (vs. 10 NASB). “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” (Psalms 19:7). “But whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues in it, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” (James 1:25).

6. If a believer actually hears the audible voice of God then it should be for the general consumption of all the people to hear. But if that’s the case, we should be treating it as SCRIPTURE and it should be added to the Bible. “How is it then, brethren? when you come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.” (1 Corinthians 14:26) (Special Note: Tongues and prophecy has ceased; Tongues were primarily a sign for unbelieving Jews, because the Jews required signs (Deuteronomy 18:21-22, 1 Corinthians 1:22, 1 Corinthians 14:21-22). But once Israel was scattered in judgment, the need for tongues was gone (Acts of the Apostles 2:17-21).

7. Today, nowhere in the Bible are we told to seek to hear God’s audible voice (or an inner voice separate from Scripture). The Bible doesn’t say one is more spiritual or mature because one has heard the audible voice of God (or some inner voice alone). If it’s important why doesn’t God tell us to seek it? The first thing Jesus says to seek is the kingdom of God and His righteousness Matthew 6:33.

8. God’s written Word not His audible voice was the delight and highest desire of the Psalmist, Psalms 19:7-11, Psalms 119.

9. The "Spoken Word" is confirmed by the "Written Word." Acts of the Apostles 17:11. In Acts of the Apostles 17:11, we learn that the Bereans were more noble because they received the "Spoken Word of God" from Paul and Silas with an open mind but yet they searched the Scriptures (i.e. the Written Word of God) to see whether those things were so or not. So the "Spoken Word" is confirmed by the "Written Word." So the "Written Word" is a reliable authority that we can trust. For even Philip opened the heart of the Ethiopian's understanding from a reading in Isaiah (Thereby confirming the Written Word of God) (Acts 8:26-35). Jesus had opened the disciple's understanding on the Scriptures when He was with them (Luke 24:32); And Paul had told the Corinthians that their words that they speak in Christ (i.e. the Spoken Word of God) were not like as with many others who had corrupted the Word of God (i.e. the Written Word of God) (2 Corinthians 2:17). This shows us the importance of God’s written Word over the spoken Word of God.

10. The audible voice of the Son of God (Jesus) will be heard at the resurrection: For Jesus says: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.” (John 5:25).

11. Just as no man has seen God the Father in the flesh, no man has heard the audible voice of God the Father (in it’s full and unhindered form). For Christ says: “And the Father himself, who has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape” (John 5:37).

12. Hearing God’s voice is obeying His word (Which is Scripture): “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27). He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. (John 8:47). If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; (John 8:31).

13. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20). Jesus says: “Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28).

14. Sin (or disobedience) is what prevents a person from hearing what God wants to say to them through Scripture. “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2). “For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; unless at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.” (Matthew 13:15). People do not see because they disobey. 1 Timothy 6:3-4 says, “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,...” So a person who denies the words of Jesus and the doctrine according to godliness knows nothing. They have no knowledge. Scripture says: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” (Hosea 4:6).

15. All Scripture is profitable (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
    (a) for doctrine, (because)
    ~ (1) Scripture is sufficient for eternal life (1 John 5:13).
    (b) for correction (and)
    (c) for instruction in righteousness,
    (It is sufficient in righteous training because):
    ~ (1) Scripture brings about hope (faith). (Romans 15:4).
    ~ (2) Scripture can be hid within one's heart so as not to sin against God. (Psalms 119:11)
    All Scripture is profitable so that the man of God:
    (d) May be perfect.
    (e) Completely furnished unto all good works.
    ~ (1) For speaking Scripture provides spiritual nutrition or life (Matthew 4:4)
    ~ (2) For Scripture brings about joy (1 John 1:4)
    (In fact, one of the fruits of the Spirit is joy) (Galatians 5:22)
    All Scripture is profitable so that the man of God may be perfect and complete unto all good works. For Scripture is profitable in (1) doctrine, (2) correction, and (3) training in righteousness. All three of these things are essential to a person's faith in God and will lead the man of God to be perfect and complete unto all good works. Not some good works. But all good works. While God does certainly draw us to Him, and seeks to convict us of sin, the Bible does not say it is exclusively His voice alone that does this (without Scripture). No "Inner voice of God alone" was ever mentioned to make the man of God perfect and complete unto all good works in addition to Scripture. This shows us that Scripture and Scripture alone is sufficient in and of itself (by which God speaks to us) because it will lead the man of God unto perfection and being fully furnished unto every good work.
    For man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. We are to obey God’s Word to live spiritually. For it is how one's faith even begins. So we gain faith and a life with God. We gain spiritual nutrients from obeying God's Word, whereby we can grow spiritually so as to conform to the image of Christ in being perfect and to allow Christ to do every good work within us. For you are what you eat. For the seed of the Word took root within your heart when you first believed and it grows within you to bring forth much fruit. However, how can you believe or grow if there is no "Written Word of God" which is nailed down in written form for all to agree? If we just each have an inner voice (outside of Scripture), we cannot confirm anything (unless we have the Written Word).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
16. Scripture Can Help us to Know the Certainty of Christ's Teachings. Luke sets out an order of declaration amongst the ministers of the Word to write out the events in order to Theophilus so that he might know for certain of the truth (on Christ's teachings) which he had been instructed. Luke 1:1-4 "Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed." Seeking to just obey some inner voice alone is not going to cut it in regards to Christ’s teachings. We need the Word of God for that.

17. Christ quotes Scripture as an authority. In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the amor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12). Jesus did not teach us to seek out to hear some kind of inner voice so as for us to listen to (without Scripture). Jesus quoted Scripture as an authority to show the importance of God’s written Word for our lives. This is the example we should follow. Yes, we should pray and seek God’s will for our lives, but this should not be outside of Scripture, but it should be in line with His Word. If not, then we are doing our own thing.

18. John's Gospel is sufficient alone for saving faith in Jesus Christ. What is purpose of John's book or gospel? John 20:30-31 says, "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." Did you catch that? It essentially says these things (Within the book of John) are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ and that we might have life (eternal life) through his name. In other words, a person can receive eternal life or salvation in Jesus Christ by reading the book of John. This is the "Written of God." In other words, this shows that the "Written Word of God" alone is sufficient to bring us to saving faith in God. No inner voice alone (outside of Scripture) is mentioned in John 20.

19. “You have magnified your word above all your name” (Psalms 138:2). God’s written Word is very much the Word of God. God magnifies this Word even above His name. But if we say that we can seek an inner voice without God’s Word, we are not magnifying Scripture like God does. Granted, we can never be God. We will always be the creation. But we are told to be holy as He is holy. I believe that our uplifting God’s Word even in the way that we seek to hear from Him plays an important part in that.

20. God communicating differently to us today by His Word alone is consistent with God revealing Himself differently like with His Son in the Incarnation, and with His death and resurrection (When His people thought He was going to take over as a King). The Old Covenant involved animal sacrifices that never permanently atoned for past sins. But with Jesus Christ, He is our perfect Passover Lamb, and High Priest, and through Him, we are forever forgiven of our past sins (When we seek forgiveness of our sins with Him). Even God's laws have changed according to Hebrews 7:12. Meaning, while the Old Law is good if one uses it lawfully, we seek to primarily follow the commands given to us by Jesus Christ and His followers in the New Testament and not the 613 Laws given to the Israelites by Moses (contractually speaking). We are under a New Covenant with New Commands. So things do not always remain the same way between God and man. Yes, God some things do not change. God does not change in regards to basic Morality or His good character, but this does not mean the Lord cannot operate differently in regards to certain other things through out time.

Conclusion:

The spiritual dangers our numerous if we say that we can seek God’s voice (inner voice or audible voice) without Scripture. Our faith comes from the written Word of God. I would not know about Jesus if it was not for the Bible. I would not know about what commands to obey from Jesus and His followers if it was not for the New Testament. God had many things that He desires us to do. If we decide to one day pray our own way, this is not acceptable to God. God has certain guidelines of how we are to pray. We cannot use vain repetition. We cannot seek to pray in looking good in front of others. Yet, an inner voice telling you to do something alone without His Word? That does not seem consistent with what the Bible says. God’s Word always plays a part in how we talk to God. Mormons will say that you have to feel some kind of burning in the bosom to confirm if the book of Mormon is true. This is all based on the senses (or sight). But Jesus says blessed are those who do not see and yet believe (John 20:29). While it be nice to hear God’s audible voice, I don’t believe God operates that way today. In fact, we don’t need to hear God’s audible voice to guide us (or an inner voice - outside of Scripture). The Bible has everything in it we need to become mature, complete children of God 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Jude 1:3. God’s voice (not an audible voice) today is heard through Scripture. God’s talks to us using Scripture. So if you are hearing an inner voice, it should line up with God’s Word every time. If not, then something is not right because God cannot do anything contrary to His Word.

Anyways, I hope you understand where I am coming from, brother.
I love you in Christ Jesus;

And may you please be well.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Sources used for post #210:
“Where is it written that God doesn’t speak audibly anymore?”
6 Reasons Why We Shouldn't Seek To Hear God's Audible Voice
Tongues Have Ceased
(Note: Just because I may agree with points in their article, does not mean I believe other things they have said or believe).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know... i think a person can be a christian and not be filled with the Holy spirit and still be saved. But its a big plus having the filling of the Holy spirit.

Once again, there is this that Oscarr said:

It seems that when people receive what they believe is the baptism with the Spirit, there is a major transformation in their lives. They have a greater love for Jesus, less confidence in the world, and a greater hunger and thirst for holiness.

This is not merely a statement of philosophical concept. This is a real change. It's not a thing you can see, but it's something you feel as palpably as the wind. This is substance, this is evidence. You know it's happened, you know you've got it.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But John provided thr Revelation of Jesus Christ Paul said "will also confirm you until the end". So it happens before the end of the world.
John was talking about what God revealed to him on Patmos and Paul was speaking of Jesus' return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,443.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hearing God’s Voice:

Greetings:

My dear brother “Love of Truth”:

I agree with you that we have to hear God’s Word in our heart and receive His word inwardly. We have to listen to what God is saying to us by His Spirit (no doubt about it).​

As for all believers hearing God’s voice in their hearts:

Not sure I agree with you on this one, brother. Even Paul did not hear the Holy Spirit in going to Jerusalem. Sometimes our own desires can muffle out what God is trying to say to us sometimes.​

You said, “I have heard some say that Christians can only hear God's voice through scripture and that any who claim to hear God's voice inwardly are deluded and false.”:

My response to this statement: “Maybe it is a misunderstanding on words here, but I believe that our hearing of God’s voice inwardly is in line with Scripture in some way. I believe God continually communicates to us based on what we see written in His Holy Word.”​

Anyways, before I continue, I just want to say that I love you in Jesus Christ, brother. I hold no ill will towards you. I feel in some ways we have a kinship or a connection in Christ (based on the things we have discussed in God’s Word on other topics and personal experiences we have shared together). Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say here, I believe I disagree with you on two things you have said, dear brother. Please know that I am wishing you nothing but good things to you in Jesus Christ and this does not mean I agree with others here in other beliefs that they hold to (as I am sure you know). I also would still be honored if I did meet you someday in the Lord (if it is God’s will). If you disagree (after reading what I had written), please know that it does not effect my love for you in Christ Jesus. I may disagree with you on the two things you have said, but I am commanded to love you with the power of Christ (working in me) nonetheless.

Introduction:

God does talk to us throughout all time. From Adam to Joseph, God directly talked with his people audibly. They heard God audibly with no Scripture. From Moses to the time of Jesus Christ and His early church, they had both the written Word of God and God directly talking to them audibly. But we [the church] have something today, that they did not have. We have easy and quick access to God’s Word in an instant at any moment we want. Back then, the average person could not easily carry an entire set of the Scriptures like we can (on our phones or with a tiny Bible); And as the Bible was being formed (even with the early church), they did not have access to a complete Bible yet, either. Yesterday, when my wife and I were walking outside doing our normal weekly squirrel watching routine, God brought a verse to my attention in regards to this matter. Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed (John 20:29). Believed what? An inner voice alone? Surely not. It would be the gospel, and the doctrine (teachings) of Jesus Christ as written in the New Testament. Today, we are more blessed because we are not seeing some kind of vision or receiving some kind of inner confirmation first without God’s Word.

Clearly we all know that the Bible is not a dead set of words on paper. They are spiritually alive because God wrote these words and because God’s Spirit continues to abide with His Word trying to convict people of sin and righteousness. Sin is what clouds a person’s relationship with God and their understanding on Scripture. Certain people don’t want to see what Scripture says many times because of a man made tradition or belief (that is sinful) or because of their own wrong thoughts.

The Bible also talks about God’s voice today is heard through Scripture. God can use life situations, the animal kingdom, and by His Spirit convicting us of right or wrong; However, all these things would all be confirmed by what we learned and or have studied in God’s Word.

Let me give you an example:

Back when I lived in the state I grew up in: There was this baby deer that was living in my backyard once for about two weeks. It's mother would come by and feed it and then leave. However, it would make noises to it's mother at night, which would sometimes make it hard for me to sleep. So the one day, I was presented with an opportunity to get rid of this baby deer safely. So I decided to put on my black rubber work gloves and go outside in order to grab him gently and throw him over the chain link fence back into the forest where it's mother was at.

So I walked really slow and got really close to him; And just when I was about to grab him, he quickly bolted to the front of the house. This scared me a little, because I did not want the little guy getting hit by any cars in the front of the house, seeing I live on a busy street. However, when I got to the front of the house, he did not go near the traffic of the road, which was good. So he started to move back towards the backyard again. However, this time he went into the neighbor's back yard. This was perfect because they had a gate to their backyard so I could close it behind me, ensuring my capture of the little guy.

So I pinned him behind some stacked up wood behind the neighbor's shed and I grabbed him. He was kicking and screaming as I held him in my hands; And then I threw him over the chain link fence back into the forest. He landed safely on the other side of the fence; And later, I eventually seen him reunite with his mother (Which put me at ease).

However, afterwards I kept thinking to myself of how scared this baby deer was when I was holding it in my hands. I mean, it had no idea what I was going to do it. It probably thought I was trying to either eat it or hurt it in some way. In fact, I could actually feel the fear dripping off of this poor little guy.

Anyways, later that evening, when I was watching a video on "YouTube" by a certain Pastor, as per my usual routine throughout the week (back then), he told me about the following passages:

Isaiah 13:11a - "And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity ..."

Isaiah 13:13 - "Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger."

Isaiah 13:14 - "And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land."​

So I asked myself, "What is a roe"?

So I looked it up on the internet and low and behold, a roe is a baby deer! Here I was just a few hours earlier chasing a baby deer and I could feel it's fear in the fact that I was chasing it. This was a passage that God wanted to show me. He wanted to show me that the world will one day run in fear as the chased roe when God (i.e. Jesus Christ) will return to end all evil and iniquity. It was powerful! Coincidence one might say?

There were more of these kinds of things that took place.

The Bible mentions how there are no new revelations or new words from God. We are not out to create another religion based on the Bible or to add another holy book or another set of new revelations or visions to God’s Word. Our primary way of tuning into God is by His Word (the Bible) and following that message in prayer that is guided to bring about obedience to His Word. We are told to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or not. A new revelation is not going to help us test the spirits. God’s Word is the test. Even our prayer should be in line with what we read in Scripture. Jesus told us how to pray. The Pharisees had the Scriptures, but they did not obey because they simply ignored the weightier matters of the law like love, faith, justice, and mercy (See Matthew 23:23, and Luke 11:42). So it was sin. They no doubt wanted the enjoyment of their sin instead of obeying God and accepting the Messiah. John 3:19-20 says all who do evil hate the light because their deeds are evil. It was not a matter that they were ignoring God’s still small voice alone (although the Spirit does seek to convict men of sin - John 16:8). They were also ignoring God’s Word. Jesus will judge us based on the fact that they did not receive Him and by the fact that they did not do what He said (See John 12:48). A person abiding in sin or justifying a sinful belief is not going to be able to see what God’s Word really says. The dangers of seeking to just listen to some inner voice (without Scripture) can lead others to think they do not need the Bible. The Bible is essential to our faith. Without the Bible, we would have no faith.

God bless Jason always good to hear from you. I take no offence at all it’s ok if we discuss some views and differences.thus mystery is a deep one and there s so much to be said about it. I have some brothers and sisters that I meet that see it and agree and other dear brothers and sisters that don’t see it. Either way we continue to walk in the light we have.

It might be good to go over my post and responses here to others and you will see a bit more where I’m coming from .

I quote many scriptures to touch on the mystery of Christ in you.

His Spirit bears witness with our spirit this is an inward work. God works in all believers and speaks to all. His sheep hear his voice. Yes the word of God came to the prophets in a mighty way and was written down for us but this word is only known and understood in the spirit. With spiritual ears and eyes.

I have heard Gods voice many many times and His direction. The stories would be too many to speak of here.

But here is one time that I heard God speaking and directing my steps. I was Downtown and I walked by a large edifice unbiblically called “a church” it was an Anglican religious form as I remember. Then as I walked by I heard the Lord speak clear to me and He said to go into that place and sit down and wait. So I walked in and the time was around lunch time, the man who is called a priest was doing a service in the side pews area at the front . The Lord told me to sit in the middle away from the side pews. I sat there and waited and listened to the man speaking. He was wearing a long robe and doing a ritual. Then, as he was almost done I heard the Lord say to me very clearly, “Go and ask that man if he thinks homosexuality is a sin”.This was a unusual word because as far as I could tell he seemed just like a regular religious man who was going through the motions. There was no evidence of any such appearance or view from his person or words. So I waited until he was finished and as he stepped to the side I went up to him and asked him “do you think homosexuality is a sin?”to my surprise he said “no” as he looked around in a nervous way and he said he would talk to me in a moment. Right then I noticed he was telling another man to do something who was putting out some candies the man made a sensual look at the priest and then the priest began to talk to me . He tried to show by scriptures that homosexuality was not a sin. He used John leaning in Jesus breast and he spoke of David loving Johnathan more than a woman, something to that effect. I was startled and sad and I was almost in tears as I warned him with scripture and exhorted him and told him to repent. He was silent and fear came upon him. Then I went out of there.

I heard God lead me in there and speak to me of what to say and it was true. This was many years ago possibly some 20 years or so.

There are so many moments like this and many miraculous events also that I have walked in. To me this is the normal Christian life.

I have also spoken on a few occasion to others things that were going to happen and every time they came to pass exactly as I said. I did not premeditate what I was going to say. The words came out of my mouth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,443.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
16. Scripture Can Help us to Know the Certainty of Christ's Teachings. Luke sets out an order of declaration amongst the ministers of the Word to write out the events in order to Theophilus so that he might know for certain of the truth (on Christ's teachings) which he had been instructed. Luke 1:1-4 "Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed." Seeking to just obey some inner voice alone is not going to cut it in regards to Christ’s teachings. We need the Word of God for that.

17. Christ quotes Scripture as an authority. In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the amor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12). Jesus did not teach us to seek out to hear some kind of inner voice so as for us to listen to (without Scripture). Jesus quoted Scripture as an authority to show the importance of God’s written Word for our lives. This is the example we should follow. Yes, we should pray and seek God’s will for our lives, but this should not be outside of Scripture, but it should be in line with His Word. If not, then we are doing our own thing.

18. John's Gospel is sufficient alone for saving faith in Jesus Christ. What is purpose of John's book or gospel? John 20:30-31 says, "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." Did you catch that? It essentially says these things (Within the book of John) are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ and that we might have life (eternal life) through his name. In other words, a person can receive eternal life or salvation in Jesus Christ by reading the book of John. This is the "Written of God." In other words, this shows that the "Written Word of God" alone is sufficient to bring us to saving faith in God. No inner voice alone (outside of Scripture) is mentioned in John 20.

19. “You have magnified your word above all your name” (Psalms 138:2). God’s written Word is very much the Word of God. God magnifies this Word even above His name. But if we say that we can seek an inner voice without God’s Word, we are not magnifying Scripture like God does. Granted, we can never be God. We will always be the creation. But we are told to be holy as He is holy. I believe that our uplifting God’s Word even in the way that we seek to hear from Him plays an important part in that.

20. God communicating differently to us today by His Word alone is consistent with God revealing Himself differently like with His Son in the Incarnation, and with His death and resurrection (When His people thought He was going to take over as a King). The Old Covenant involved animal sacrifices that never permanently atoned for past sins. But with Jesus Christ, He is our perfect Passover Lamb, and High Priest, and through Him, we are forever forgiven of our past sins (When we seek forgiveness of our sins with Him). Even God's laws have changed according to Hebrews 7:12. Meaning, while the Old Law is good if one uses it lawfully, we seek to primarily follow the commands given to us by Jesus Christ and His followers in the New Testament and not the 613 Laws given to the Israelites by Moses (contractually speaking). We are under a New Covenant with New Commands. So things do not always remain the same way between God and man. Yes, God some things do not change. God does not change in regards to basic Morality or His good character, but this does not mean the Lord cannot operate differently in regards to certain other things through out time.

Conclusion:

The spiritual dangers our numerous if we say that we can seek God’s voice (inner voice or audible voice) without Scripture. Our faith comes from the written Word of God. I would not know about Jesus if it was not for the Bible. I would not know about what commands to obey from Jesus and His followers if it was not for the New Testament. God had many things that He desires us to do. If we decide to one day pray our own way, this is not acceptable to God. God has certain guidelines of how we are to pray. We cannot use vain repetition. We cannot seek to pray in looking good in front of others. Yet, an inner voice telling you to do something alone without His Word? That does not seem consistent with what the Bible says. God’s Word always plays a part in how we talk to God. Mormons will say that you have to feel some kind of burning in the bosom to confirm if the book of Mormon is true. This is all based on the senses (or sight). But Jesus says blessed are those who do not see and yet believe (John 20:29). While it be nice to hear God’s audible voice, I don’t believe God operates that way today. In fact, we don’t need to hear God’s audible voice to guide us (or an inner voice - outside of Scripture). The Bible has everything in it we need to become mature, complete children of God 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Jude 1:3. God’s voice (not an audible voice) today is heard through Scripture. God’s talks to us using Scripture. So if you are hearing an inner voice, it should line up with God’s Word every time. If not, then something is not right because God cannot do anything contrary to His Word.

Anyways, I hope you understand where I am coming from, brother.
I love you in Christ Jesus;

And may you please be well.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Sources used for post #210:
“Where is it written that God doesn’t speak audibly anymore?”
6 Reasons Why We Shouldn't Seek To Hear God's Audible Voice
Tongues Have Ceased
(Note: Just because I may agree with points in their article, does not mean I believe other things they have said or believe).
You know that I highly regard all scripture for doctrine, reoroof, instruction, rebuke, teaching, and scripture is given by God.

But to understand scripture is to have God working in you and leading you and the anointing which teaches us all things

No man can know the things of God unless the Spirit reveals them.

When Jesus confronted the Pharisees they thought they had eternal life by thier reading of scripture but Jesus said they testify of me. They did not understand Jesus speech eve because they did not hear His word or have His word abiding in them.

But we do read of other gifting such as apostles and prophets who did not write down every word they spoke or add it to scripture. God only put certain books in scripture. There were many other apostles and prophets in the church but only a few wrote books that God put in scripture. No doubt all the apostles and prophets heard from God often and spoke as they were led and spoke many things in Christ. But not all is written down.

In fact John even days why he limited the book God has him wrote

John 21 - 25. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.”

Everything Jesus said is equal to scripture he is God manifest in the flesh. Yet we don’t have all his words and deeds recorded in scripture as John said.

God bless Jason

Last edited:
Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,443.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ti all:

Here is an example of hearing God”s voice.

You are sitting in a certain place and in your mind and heart you hear to pray for someone that you know or don’t know. This just comes to your mind without premeditation. This may be the Lord directing you. For we know that the devil does not want us to pray for others. The flesh does not want to do this, but the Lord does. And if we are in Christ and he in us then it is God working in us and making us perfect unto EVERY good work.

This is just one of many examples.

You also may be reading scripture and don’t understand it and you ask the Lord and he speaks to you and either directs you into another area or answers you by giving revelation.

1 Peter 4:7. “... and watch unto prayer.”

We also read in1 John 2

1 John 2 - 27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”

And

Hebrews 3 - 15. While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.”

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,443.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To all:

Another interesting section

Job 33 - 14. For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16. Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,”

And

Acts 2 - 17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”

The last days we are still in

2 Timothy 3 - 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.”

2 Peter 3 - 3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”

1 John 2 - 18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.”

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reasons Why God’s Voice is Only Heard Today Through the Bible (Scripture):

1. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). We are born again by hearing the written words of God

Amen. What i find strange is how people will buy all kinds of books on theology when they have the Word inside them. God writes His law on our hearts and minds. What can some fallible theologian write that can compare to that?

Upvote 0