Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have heard some say that christians can only hear God's voice through scripture and that any who claim to hear God's voice inwardly are deluded and false.

But this is wrong. All believers hear God's voice in their hearts.

Consider how Abraham heard God's voice. He did not have scripture yet.

While scripture is all given by inspiration of God, scripture can only be known and understood by the spiritual man not the natural man (1 Cor 2).

"11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."(1 Cor 2:11-14)

When Jesus spoke to the religious people and pharasees he said things like this,

John 8 - 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

They may have heard him physically speaking but they did not hear his word in their heart.

We read

John 5 - 24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life... 37. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

To hear God’s voice was not to simply hear Jesus speaking to them physically. All heard him speak this way. No they had to hear in their heart and receive his word inwardly in the heart. The seed is the word of God sown in the heart (Luke 8).

Jesus said they had not his word abiding in them. They had scriptures and thought they heard Gods word. But they did not have his word in their hearts and they did not recognize the living Word made flesh standing in front of them.

Many today’s might think they only hear God through scriptures but they are mistaken and may be in danger of being like the Pharisees who did not see with spiritual eyes or hear with spiritual ears. While God can speak through scriptures as we read them. The witness is inward in the heart. Otherwise the pharisees would have life and hear God's voice by simply reading scriptures as they did. They trusted in the scriptures to give them eternal life, but the scriptures testified of Jesus whom they did not hear right in front of them.

The word is working in those who believe as Paul said ,

1 Thessalonians 2 - 13. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

Consider these spiritual verses also

Hebrews 4 - 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Luke 8 - 11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”

Deuteronomy 30 - 10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 11. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13. Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14. But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

John 8 - 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”

Just reading scripture as the Pharisees did or even hearing Jesus speak as they did did not mean they were of God. They needed to hear his word in their heart and believe.

Men can even have God work in their hearts and the work of the law as well even if they did not have the written scriptures this is God's natural way of dealing with all men, as we read,

"14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel"(Romans 2:14-16 KJV)

Paul also said that God manifest what can be known of him inwardly to men, and all can feel after him and find him no matter where they are

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."(Romans 1:18,19 KJV)

"26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"(Acts 17:26,27 KJV)

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have heard some say that christians can only hear God's voice through scripture and that any who claim to hear God's voice inwardly are deluded and false.

While scripture is all given by inspiration of God, scripture can only be known and understood by the spiritual man not the natural man (1 Cor 2).

"11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."(1 Cor 2:11-14)

When Jesus spoke to the religious people and pharasees he said things like this,

John 8 - 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

They may have heard him physically speaking but they did not hear his word in their heart.

We read

John 5 - 24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life... 37. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

To hear God’s voice was not to simply hear Jesus speaking to them physically. All heard him speak this way. No they had to hear in their heart and receive his word inwardly in the heart. The seed is the word of God sown in the heart (Luke 8).

Jesus said they had not his word abiding in them. They had scriptures and thought they heard Gods word. But they did not have his word in their hearts and they did not recognize the living Word made flesh standing in front of them.

Many today’s might think they only hear God through scriptures but they are mistaken and may be in danger of being like the Pharisees who did not see with spiritual eyes or hear with spiritual ears. While God can speak through scriptures as we read them. The witness is inward in the heart. Otherwise the pharisees would have life and hear God's voice by simply reading scriptures as they did. They trusted in the scriptures to give them eternal life, but the scriptures testified of Jesus whom they did not hear right in front of them.

1 Thessalonians 2 - 13. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

Hebrews 4 - 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Luke 8 - 11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”

Deuteronomy 30 - 10. If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 11. For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13. Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14. But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

John 8 - 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”

Just reading scripture as the Pharisees did or even hearing Jesus speak as they did did not mean they were of God. They needed to hear his word in their heart and believe.

Men can even have God work in their hearts and the work of the law as well even if they did not have the written scriptures this is God's natural way of dealing with all men, as we read,

"14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel"(Romans 2:14-16 KJV)

Paul also said that God manifest what can be known of him inwardly to men, and all can feel after him and find him no matter where they are

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."(Romans 1:18,19 KJV)

"26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"(Acts 17:26,27 KJV)

John Flavell, the Puritan writer (17th Century) wrote a very good treatise on how the voice of God comes through the preaching of the Gospel, and being the only way that sinners can respond to the preaching. A person can preach 99 sermons to no effect, but the 100th may have the voice of God in it and scores turn to Christ because they not only heard the preaching with their ears, but they heard the voice of God in their hearts as well. He says that preaching sermons without the inclusion of the voice of God is preaching in vain.

I just wonder how many thousands of sermons have been a waste of time, because even though they have been sound and Biblical, the voice of God has not been present in them?

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We read

The people who harp the loudest about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit are the furthest removed from ever receiving it. Jesus' words are Spirit and life. And when we immerse ourselves in scripture we experience the fullness of the Spirit. Before scripture reached completion, we had bits and pieces of it in tongues and prophecy. But when we collected all of those fragments and combined them into one, we had the completed picture. So chasing after visions and voices, assuming it is God, removes us from the very source where God speaks the loudest and clearest, the scriptures. And they remain our only source for the fullness of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John Flavell, the Puritan writer (17th Century) wrote a very good treatise on how the voice of God comes through the preaching of the Gospel, and being the only way that sinners can respond to the preaching. A person can preach 99 sermons to no effect, but the 100th may have the voice of God in it and scores turn to Christ because they not only heard the preaching with their ears, but they heard the voice of God in their hearts as well. He says that preaching sermons without the inclusion of the voice of God is preaching in vain.

I just wonder how many thousands of sermons have been a waste of time, because even though they have been sound and Biblical, the voice of God has not been present in them?
Yes some good points there. I believe a man cannot preach except he be sent to do so anyway. And all who are led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God.

Interestingly if you read Romans 10 Paul seems to be speaking of God the divine preacher who has preached to every man in their heart by His word. Yes he speaks that word to preachers also to witness to what he says and to preach. But the chapter seems to speak of God as the divine preacher. Consider Romans 10 and check the scripture quotes he uses from Dueteronomy 30 and Psalms.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But this is wrong. All believers hear God's voice in their hearts. . . . .
Oh, I agree. How can anyone come to God? Only if the Father draws them, and isn't that, by definition, hearing God's voice?

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. " NASU

Who can be called of God to a task, such as being a pastor, being a missionary, without God's voice?

Who can be given a spiritual message to share in their sermon or blog without God's voice?

Who can receive comfort in times of stress without God's voice?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The people who harp the loudest about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit are the furthest removed from ever receiving it. Jesus' words are Spirit and life. And when we immerse ourselves in scripture we experience the fullness of the Spirit. Before scripture reached completion, we had bits and pieces of it in tongues and prophecy. But when we collected all of those fragments and combined them into one, we had the completed picture. So chasing after visions and voices, assuming it is God, removes us from the very source where God speaks the loudest and clearest, the scriptures. And they remain our only source for the fullness of the Spirit.
No Believer should chase after visions and voices. But God does give dreams and visions and prophecy and all gifts for today.

But if you say that men can experience the fullness of the Spirit by immersing in scripture, how could men like Abraham hear God's voice without scripture and many others?

In fact how could the Gentiles have the work of the law written in their hearts without scripture? and how could God judge the secrets of men (inwardly) if they never heard scripture?

I highly value scripture and use them all the time. But the seed which is the word of God is Christ sown in the heart. The revelation of what God reveals in the spirit will not contradict the revelation he gave through scripture.

There is not a battle in this with true believers. The battle seems to be when some only stress scripture and head knowledge and what they can hear naturally and through other reading with the mind of man and seem to shy away from any spiritual talk and understanding, or from the mystery of Christ in you.

Believers have the mind of Christ and a renewed mind. We are to know things in the spirit and what the anointing teaches. 1 John 2:27 speaks of not needing any man to teach us the anointing teaches all things. Yes, God gives teachers ,but they must also walk in the spirit and be led of the spirit in the anointing.

There is not one scripture that speaks of the gift ceased in the church, no, not one. Only men's interpretations and implications often based upon a tradition they have been taught.

Many today have a form of godliness but deny the power.

But Jesus said his sheep hear his voice and he knows them. This hearing is inward, or else all who heard his voice physically would be his sheep. This is not the case.

Also the pharisees (like many today) thought they had eternal life in the scriptures and their understanding and reading of scripture. But they were mistaken. Even though the scriptures are able to make them wise through FAITH unto salvation. The reality is inward. Jesus said some appeared righteous outwardly but inwardly were ravening from the spirit.

Jesus must open our understanding to understand the scriptures. as he did with the two on the road after His resurrection and their hearts burned within them when he did this. This is an inward work and our hearts will be moved by him inwardly in this. I speak of the great mystery of Christ n you the hope of glory

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Believer should chase after visions and voices. But God does give dreams and visions and prophecy and all gifts for today.

But if you say that men can experience the fullness of the Spirit by immersing in scripture, how could men like Abraham hear God's voice without scripture and many others?

In fact how could the Gentiles have the work of the law written in their hearts without scripture? and how could God judge the secrets of men (inwardly) if they never heard scripture?

I highly value scripture and use them all the time. But the seed which is the word of God is Christ sown in the heart. The revelation of what God reveals in the spirit will not contradict the revelation he gave through scripture.

There is not a battle in this with true believers. The battle seems to be when some only stress scripture and head knowledge and what they can hear naturally and through other reading with the mind of man and seem to shy away from any spiritual talk and understanding, or from the mystery of Christ in you.

Believers have the mind of Christ and a renewed mind. We are to know things in the spirit and what the anointing teaches. 1 John 2:27 speaks of not needing any man to teach us the anointing teaches all tings. Yes God gives teachers but they must also walk in the spirit and be led of the spirit in the anointing.

There is not one scripture that speaks of the gift ceased in the church. Not one. Only men's interpretations and implications often based upon a tradition they have been taught.

Many today have a form of godliness but deny the power.

But Jesus said his sheep hear his voice and he knows them. This hearing is inward, or else all who heard his voice physically would be his sheep. This is not the case.

Also the pharisees (like many today) thought they had eternal life in the scriptures and their understanding and reading of scripture. But they were mistaken. Even though the scriptures are able to make them wise through FAITH unto salvation. The reality is inward. Jesus said some appeared righteous outwardly but inwardly were ravening from the spirit.

Jesus must open our understanding to understand the scriptures. as he did with the two on the road after His resurrection and their hearts burned within them when he did this. This is an inward work and our hearts will be moved by him inwardly in this. I speak of the great mystery of Christ n you the hope of glory
Scripture does not provide evidence for the prophetic gifts continuing in the post apostolic era.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm confused a bit because, you don't get full in with the Holy spirit by reading scriptures, Jesus or God does that, like in pentecost, or the other occasion wher the believers didn't heard even of the Holy spirit, Paul needed someone to pray for him, and it should stay there, unless we sin or grieve him, is like filling a vessel that is us.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The people who harp the loudest about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit are the furthest removed from ever receiving it.

That is true in my experience. The only Christian I have met in real life who kept talking about that and telling me, even though I walked according to the Spirit, has acted worse infront of me than anyone I have met in 36 years. I didn't know people could think so twistedly.

I don't know when God speaks to me, although I often find out that some things have been in His will after the fact. I don't worry about it much anymore because I have seen that my steps are ordered by him and the way things work out as statistically impossible as they do confirms this. Praise Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 is what was placed on my heart a while ago.

I would like to be able to distinguish which is of Him and which is of me. I am grateful that I can never be sure or I might end up with more pride. I am filled with awe at His goodness when I realised that I have been blessed with a chance to serve. It is humbling instead when I discover after, if I knew for sure before I would be puffed up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So then what happens to those of us who read scripture and yearn after the holy trinity yet don't hear Gods voice speaking to them or carry on conversations with them? What are they to do? Are they doomed, despite being drawn and coming to Jesus ?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,917.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So then what happens to those of us who read scripture and yearn after the holy trinity yet don't hear Gods voice speaking to them or carry on conversations with them? What are they to do? Are they doomed, despite being drawn and coming to Jesus ?

No, nobody is better or superior if they heard something from God, it just happened, its just imagine your are in a very dire situation in your life, does God does not have the right, to comfort or tell you something, or tell you that he is going to do something? we should not limit God to what he can do. Less speaking or showing or make you feel something, that is almost basic to a close relationship. And he telling something to a human is very biblical. Also i don't know if someone can carry a literal conversation with God, but he can show you something, hint you, point something in your life, show you spiritual problems for you to pray about, if not WE are actually CLUELESS in this life concerning spiritual matters...???

We can understand things from God with the Spirit help.

1 Corinthians 2:14 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 People who do not have God’s Spirit do not accept the things that come from his Spirit. They think these things are foolish. They cannot understand them, because they can only be understood with the Spirit’s help.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had an answer for that: He said, "Blessed are those who have seen and believed; but blessed are those who have not seen and believed."

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture does not provide evidence for the prophetic gifts continuing in the post apostolic era.
I’m not trying to get into a long discussion of the gifts but rather of hearing God’s voice and His inward witness without which none can know Him.

God gave apostles and prophets as well as evangelist, pastors and teachers after the resurrection of Jesus for the church until we all come in the unity of the faith unto the perfect man. They are all still needed.

If some today claim to be in the pastor gift for example they will only find justification for that gift in Ephesians 4:11. If you get rid of that verse and say it does not apply today because it mentions the gifts of apostles and prophets, then you have to get rid of the pastor gift as well.

But all theses gifts are still needed today.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"...And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. 13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?...15 And the Lord said unto him"(1 Kings 19:11-13,15 KJV)

13"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."(Philippians 2:13 KJV)

Sometimes that still small voice is a prayer on your heart, or a person comes to mind, or a verse of scripture, or a direct word of God to you. It may seem like your own mind at times. But God leads by His Spirit as we wait on him and listen and watch unto prayer.

In prayer for others and a love for them that comes in your heart. You can know this is not the devil for he does not care for the lost. It also is not your flesh for the flesh cannot please God and doesn't care for the lost. But God sheds His love abroad in your heart and teaches us all things.

The many things God speaks are so numerous and he speaks also through others , scripture, things around us and situations etc.

But that inward voice in the heart is His voice. Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts.

He that is of God heareth Gods words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I used to feel like I was super intune with God a year ago. Then I kind of had a mental breakdown (schizophrenia, delusions of grandeur) now it feels like God isn't communicating with me as much and it feels like it's all my fault. Now I'm hyper skeptical/ insecure about my private communing with God. It really sucks as I've been trying to repair this for a long time and it feels like God has forgotten how much I do need him. Anyways... it feels like my heart is less sensitive to his communication now.

I think the last time He communicated in an overt way was 1-2 weeks ago when I was at the bank and took out $300... but the machine didnt dispense my money, so I had to talk with the clerk at the desk. I was worried that the $300 would show up as having been removed from my account and attempting to explain such a thing would look like o was attempting to pull fraud. But it all worked out, I got my money and then it felt like God was reminding me that money is fleeting and that i haven't been donating to charity like i used to months ago. So it felt like He was saying "that $300 could have been gone. You should give it to the less fortunate"

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to feel like I was super intune with God a year ago. Then I kind of had a mental breakdown (schizophrenia, delusions of grandeur) now it feels like God isn't communicating with me as much and it feels like it's all my fault. Now I'm hyper skeptical/ insecure about my private communing with God. It really sucks as I've been trying to repair this for a long time and it feels like God has forgotten how much I do need him. Anyways... it feels like my heart is less sensitive to his communication now.

I think the last time He communicated in an overt way was 1-2 weeks ago when I was at the bank and took out $300... but the machine didnt dispense my money, so I had to talk with the clerk at the desk. I was worried that the $300 would show up as having been removed from my account and attempting to explain such a thing would look like o was attempting to pull fraud. But it all worked out, I got my money and then it felt like God was reminding me that money is fleeting and that i haven't been donating to charity like i used to months ago. So it felt like He was saying "that $300 could have been gone. You should give it to the less fortunate"
I hope the best for you friend. God is very merciful to us in our weakness and struggles. Many times he allows us to come to the end of our own way and when all other help is gone to call upon him. But he is an ever present help in time of need. Continue in faith, and ask God to show you any area you need to change and walk in the light he gives.

Psalm 46:10 [Full Chapter]
"Be still, and know that I am God:..."

Proverbs 3:6
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths".

Isaiah 26:3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
"

God bless

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,984.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes it does

"10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"(Ephesians 4:10-153 KJV)

and

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does

"10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"(Ephesians 4:10-153 KJV)

and

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
This happened and we now have it all in the form of scripture.

Upvote 0