How do we fix the current political climate?

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My own proposal is for an Independent ticket of two well known centrist politicians, one a Dem and one a Republican, to run for President in 2020. I cannot think of a better way to bring our country together and to solve the bitter political divide in the U.S.
Besides you and me, who would actually vote for this ticket?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My thinking on many political topics have been transformed by reading many near death experience accounts. For one thing it is important to have hope for the year 2185:

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

This sure reminds me of many predictions in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets.
I’d like to see something a little closer to my own lifetime.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We need respect for facts, science, evidence-based thinking, and the opinions of trained experts.

Just think of some of the nonsense that would be avoided:

- Young earth
- climate change is a hoax
- vaccines cause autism
- the earth is flat
- evolution is a lie
- the USA is being invaded
- Barack Obama was born outside the USA
- its ok to be fat
- etc.

This is not to suggest that there are not other problems to fix, such as tribalistic thinking.
The "opinions " of trained "experts" are just that, opinions.
And evolution is still just a theory and a very lame one at that.

OT: As far as an answer goes regarding the OP question, in my opinion, there is no fixing it.
Things will just get wackier and wackier until Christ comes back.
That is reality.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would. @WolfGate and most likely many other unaffiliated/Independent voters. I'm really tried of the uncompromising partisan politic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only the TRUTH can fix it.
But the media is reluctant to cover truth, and many people aren't ready for it either.
And there will probably be a group who refuse to accept truth anyway.
Wait and see...
Patience wearing thin sometimes...

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A war may be brewing within the United States, almost a third of voters say in a poll. Amid widespread political polarization on issues like immigration and recent public confrontations of Trump administration officials, 31 percent of probable U.S. voters surveyed said they think “it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years.”

USATODAY: Democrats at 37 percent were slightly more fearful of a second civil war than Republicans at 32 percent, the poll from Rasmussen Reports found.

While more than half thought it was unlikely the USA would see a second civil war soon, 59 percent of voters were still concerned that opponents of President Donald Trump’s policies would resort to violence.

During former President Barack Obama’s second year in office, a similar 53% of voters thought those who did not support his policies would turn to violence… [The] poll also found 53 percent of voters were worried that those critical of the news media’s Trump coverage would become violent.

Trump administration officials, including White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and White House adviser Stephen Miller, have faced public confrontation from political opponents protesting the immigration policy and others.

The survey by Rasmussen Reports polled 1,000 likely U.S. voters from June 21 to June 24 with a sampling error of 3 percentage points.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And before someone answers, "the other side needs to clean up their act first," let us be clear, there is plenty of "blame" to go around on both sides. It isn't just one party acting threatening and violent. And if we don't work to fix things, who will? Unfortunately, on this forum I see the same attitudes I see elsewhere -- so many try to generalize that "the other side" is full of unAmerican people that want to destroy the US.

Part of what got me thinking about was this Twitter Thread by David French; a veteran of the Iraq War (Major in the Army Reserve), a staff writer for the National Review, with articles picked up by other mainstream media. Despite being a Republican, he's come under fire for his criticisms of Pres. Trump and the alt-Right (made worse that he has an adopted daughter from Ethiopia).

You don't fix the current political climate until it's somehow socially unacceptable to act like an irrational, partisan jerk. If it's culturally unacceptable to do that, then folks will feel social pressure to not act that way, and broadcasters won't make money by encouraging people to act that way.

Until then, there is money to be made in encouraging the worst behavior among the most partisan.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The world needs to elect a singular person to rule the entire world and decree one religion for all and all part of one political party which will be new. All other religions and political parties will be made illegal. That would end the current political climate.

hahahaha...yes that is exactly what the current two party system is designed to bring in. That's why I gave your post a winner badge. Both sides are on the same team..same end game...the classic Hegelian dialectic struggle....Right versus Left politics is the same as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. BOTH can only lead to DEATH .

The majority of Christians live(really they are dying) eating from the tree of the knowedge of good and evil ----so they support the whole political system of Right Vs Left ---Good Vs Evil...not realising that it is 180degrees from the truth...actually not even in the same sphere at all.

The tree of Life is a kingdom not of this world. The Kingdom does not come with observation.
Christians are the most deceived and blinded people on this planet.
And yet God is working all things together for good.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
It all depends upon who the Dems and GOP nominate. Remember, Ross Perot got 19% of the Popular Vote the first time he ran. Hence, if the Dems and GOP have unpopular candidates, the Independent ticket could get 20+ percent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hahahaha...yes that is exactly what the current two party system is designed to bring in. That's why I gave your post a winner badge. Both sides are on the same team..same end game...the classic Hegelian dialectic struggle....Right versus Left politics is the same as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. BOTH can only lead to DEATH .

The majority of Christians live(really they are dying) eating from the tree of the knowedge of good and evil ----so they support the whole political system of Right Vs Left ---Good Vs Evil...not realising that it is 180degrees from the truth...actually not even in the same sphere at all.

The tree of Life is a kingdom not of this world. The Kingdom does not come with observation.
Christians are the most deceived and blinded people on this planet.
And yet God is working all things together for good.
To say Christians are the most deceived and blinded people on this planet, is just absurd and unfounded.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
not so absurd....it is Christians that vote for these men, like GW Bush and Trump etc etc....Bush a skull n bonesman ....Hoover..a 33rd degree freemason etc etc
Christians that believe the whole war on terror thing, believe that 9/11 was committed by Arabs with boxcutters...etc etc.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
not so absurd....it is Christians that vote for these men, like GW Bush and Trump etc etc....Bush a skull n bonesman ....Hoover..a 33rd degree freemason etc etc
Trump is nothing like Bush etcetera.
Not part of the cabal, that's why they hate him.
He's taking them down.
Christians that believe the whole war on terror thing, believe that 9/11 was committed by Arabs with boxcutters...etc etc.
I wonder if it's Christians in particular that believe that.
There are a lot of Christians in the "truth community".

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump is nothing like Bush etcetera.
Not part of the cabal, that's why they hate him.
He's taking them down.I wonder if it's Christians in particular that believe that.
There are a lot of Christians in the "truth community".

Come off it...no part of the Cabal?...it's all a show.
Script: Hate Trump....create division...polarise nation....make right wing politics repugnant.....thereby implicating "christianity" in the "perceived" evils of right wing policies. ==(end game) get rid of Christianity.
You're being played.
The more right wing the church becomes the more they(we) are a part of the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0