Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
When is the last time that we elected someone who wasn't a college graduate?

Indeed, when was the last time that we elected someone who wasn't a graduate of an IVY LEAGUE university? That takes us back to before the births of many, if not most, CF members.

Maybe the problem is that we DO choose these people.
Jimmy Carter

• Winner
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jimmy Carter graduated from the US Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree. So that would be a respected institution but not Ivy League, that's right.

However, Ronald Reagan, who followed him in office, was a graduate of Eureka College, which is also not an Ivy League school.

But we would have to go all the way back to Harry S Truman to find a president who did not graduate from a college.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When is the last time that we elected someone who wasn't a college graduate?

Indeed, when was the last time that we elected someone who wasn't a graduate of an IVY LEAGUE university? That takes us back to before the births of many, if not most, CF members.

Maybe the problem is that we DO choose these people.

I believe Reagan was the last one to not have graduated from an Ivy League school, as he went to Eureka College.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We need an age restriction. 70-80 year olds running things is nonsense.
Any other profession and they would have been retired long ago. It's ridiculous how old these guys running for president are.
Also should have to have some experience in politics .

This is very true. Makes no sense why 70/80 yr olds are having such high authority. Some clearly are losing it, like Biden, & he's easy to have his strings pulled. Trump, albeit someone who rushes & gets by on little sleep, is too stubborn in his visions on certain things. These people hang on for power because they are very insecure. Few have worked in the real world-meaning can they work & take an order from a boss; few have had to do dirty jobs or had to work in a rush or work with customers. This is why they run for office. They lack that whole experience of dealing with different groups of society.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I often wonder if we wouldn't be better off if the President was just picked at random. You could have some criteria like age 25 to 65, not certifiably crazy and willing to do it. Then put those 50 million names in hat and draw one!

I wonder if there was a way to put a list up randomly of more than 3 people & none of this party stuff & let them cite their resumes & require them to do an informercial.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
and we don't want someone as frightening as Hillary was.
I've never really thought of Hillary as frightening.
But then again I am so brave that I will walk around without a gun on my person.

• Haha
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Some clearly are losing it, like Biden, & he's easy to have his strings pulled.
Except for the fact that this is rightwing conspiracy nonsense used in the runup to the election. There is no facts to backup this nonsense.

Trump, albeit someone who rushes & gets by on little sleep, is too stubborn in his visions on certain things. These people hang on for power because they are very insecure. Few have worked in the real world-meaning can they work & take an order from a boss; few have had to do dirty jobs or had to work in a rush or work with customers. This is why they run for office. They lack that whole experience of dealing with different groups of society.

Hmm, seems that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - Wikipedia will be right up your alley then
"Ocasio-Cortez attended Boston University, where she double-majored in international relations and economics, graduating cum laude. She was previously an activist and worked as a waitress and bartender before running for Congress in 2018."
Seems like she is smart, hardworking and can relate to the common people.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Except for the fact that this is rightwing conspiracy nonsense used in the runup to the election. There is no facts to backup this nonsense.

Hmm, seems that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - Wikipedia will be right up your alley then
"Ocasio-Cortez attended Boston University, where she double-majored in international relations and economics, graduating cum laude. She was previously an activist and worked as a waitress and bartender before running for Congress in 2018."
Seems like she is smart, hardworking and can relate to the common people.

She has nothing upstairs in the brain. All my cousins who went to BU are embarrassed. Obviously people should see that she does not buy into any capitalist system be it Adam Smith or Maynard Keynes or Friedmann. Actually this is the real story how she got the job. It came via a talent show contest to find candidates in that Queens district. It was sort a spoof show & she won. People who are non-informational believe you can get things for free-including things like ferraris, mansions, yachts, & your own island.

Upvote 0