How do we bring forth evil spirits into our homes?

Danny34

Dec 7, 2009
✟7,778.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask, but I am so curious as to what things that we do as humans can bring/invite evil spirits and spirits that are not from God into our homes. How so? Is it simple like lets say we watch a horror movie, does that somehow let our guards down(God's protection) and bring forth demons that will follow us into our homes?
How about when we play "bad" video games or "bad" music? Do we invite the enemy and the spirits that are not from God into our homes?
How do we remove these weakling spirits from our homes? Does this mean that we have to pray everytime we accidentally watch something bad or listen to something bad? Or are we suppose to avoid these things for the rest of our lifes(impossible!)?
Yeah... that's all I have to ask, please PLEASE tell me of what you think and show me your answers towards my questions. Thank you! :)

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 12:15-16
See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.

2 Corinthians 2:10-11--Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Ephesians 4:26-27 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Ecclesiastes 10:8
, "He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
" There is a hedge of protection around God's people, but if there's a hole in that hedge, it can open the door to the enemy and we can get bitten.

The above verses of scripture are some of the ways the evil one or evil spirit(s) can gain access.

I encourage you to read your bible and discover the ways satan and or evil spirits can
influence/oppress people.

Also...
Turning away from God/rejecting God, indulging in sex outside of marriage (having vile affections & fornicating), worshiping idols/ possessing objects that were used in satanic worship, not growing spiritually--spending too much time doing worldly stuff, not forgiving people, harboring grudges/continuing feuds, bitterness etc... can leave a person open for the evil one
to come in and do all kinds of damage/destruction.

Removing...
Mark 9:17-29 tells us of a story of the disciples trying to cast a demon out of a child. They were unsuccessful, so the boy was brought to Jesus, and He cast it out, but also told us that this kind of demon ONLY comes out through prayer and fasting!
Mark 9:29, "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by NOTHING, but by prayer and fasting."

Repenting of sin(s), removing idols, obeying the Lord's commands/upholding His standards, forgiveness & forgiving one another,
separating yourself from ungodly alliances etc.

Make time each day to read your bible/study the word, pray and praise God...and share the Good news of the Gospel
with others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Excuse me if this isn't the right place to ask, but I am so curious as to what things that we do as humans can bring/invite evil spirits and spirits that are not from God into our homes. How so? Is it simple like lets say we watch a horror movie, does that somehow let our guards down(God's protection) and bring forth demons that will follow us into our homes?
How about when we play "bad" video games or "bad" music? Do we invite the enemy and the spirits that are not from God into our homes?
How do we remove these weakling spirits from our homes? Does this mean that we have to pray everytime we accidentally watch something bad or listen to something bad? Or are we suppose to avoid these things for the rest of our lifes(impossible!)?
Yeah... that's all I have to ask, please PLEASE tell me of what you think and show me your answers towards my questions. Thank you! :)

I would say it depends on how much control you give to these evil forces. If you are a child of God then evil has no dominion over you, however we are commanded to "be not afraid" and trust in the Lord. If you fear, you give them a foothold.

With regard to watching horror movies, etc, let me ask you this: If you enjoy watching those sorts of things, what are you setting your affections on? Are they the things of God? If self-sacrificing love for others is what you hold in your heart as that which you prefer, then the works of malevolence should be detestable to you, though unable to harm you.

Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

Everything BFine said. I'd also like to add that our desiring hearts have a lot to do with influences in our lives. You have to ask yourself if you desire God or do you desire other things. There is a difference between watching a horror movie for 2 hours and still living a godly life vs. watching a horror movie and then thinking how cool it was to see someone's blood splattered over the screen and then reflecting on that. Jesus was so right when he said to guard our minds because that is where our desires starts and then they manifest themselves in other things. As for evil spritis, they need to be invited into your life. God has a hedge of protection around us but if you invite them in, that protection is gone (until you need a priest/pastor and a whole team praying for you to help get them out).

P.S. I read a lot about demonic/spiritual possession and in 3rd world countries they invite them in daily! There are rituals and rites used to invite them in. It is part of the culture but in their ignorance they believe the spirits are their ancestors. Most spiritualists are heavy into their ancestors but we all know it is not grandpa but the Accuser (most often one of his demons) in disguise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do we bring forth evil spirits into our homes?
How do we remove these weakling spirits from our homes?

Evil spirits are not for us to direct, control, or manipulate. Even the powerful angel Michael only told Satan, "The Lord rebuke you". (Jude 1:19)

There is a branch of modern Christianity the focuses on driving out demons and fighting evil spirits in a way that sounds very much similar to a type of "Christian witchcraft". These practices appeal to the flesh and lead us into activity that draws us further from our Lord and His protection.

The verses in Ephesians 6 that describe spiritual warfare do so in defensive terms.

say we watch a horror movie
How about when we play "bad" video games
or "bad" music

Satan runs this present world (for now and insofar as he is allowed by God). He has designed the world to appeal to and elevate the flesh (selfishness). As long as Christians are diverted into selfish activities, they are pretty much useless for Jesus to use for His work.

When a person becomes a Christian he cannot be possessed by a demon. He has the Spirit of God living inside of him. The purpose of a Christian is to grow into the image of Christ (Eph, 4). The Christian is supposed to surrender himself and his selfishness so that he can be filled with the Spirit of God so that Christ can be seen through him. This is where we are weakest.

We fail not in "casting our demons". We fail most in that we do not surrender the flesh so that we can be made more like Jesus. Christian maturity starts with truth. You already acknowledge watching "bad" movies, listening to "bad" music, and playing "bad" video games. We all do. We live in a society filled with unprecedented temptations and diversions.

The key is to see this in truth and not try to justify that what we are doing is harmless, recreational, or even healthy. When we distort truth so that we can feel comfortable with our flesh, we blind ourselves like the Pharisees. We see this in Luke 18. The Pharisee and the tax collector give us two examples. The one everyone thought was good (Pharisee) was really blind. The one everyone thought was evil (tax collector) was really able to see himself in truth.

When we look at ourselves in truth, we are all humbled. This is the state where God is able to work with us. James tells us that God gives more grace to the humble. This is not so much a reward as it is a reflection of capacity. We are only able to receive from God in truth and humility.

You may want to redirect your Christian walk from a focus on demons and evil spirits to a walk in humility and surrender to Jesus so that His Spirit can work in you to make you more like your Savior. In this process, evil spirits are almost irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Danny34

Dec 7, 2009
✟7,778.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Evil spirits are not for us to direct, control, or manipulate. Even the powerful angel Michael only told Satan, "The Lord rebuke you". (Jude 1:19)

There is a branch of modern Christianity the focuses on driving out demons and fighting evil spirits in a way that sounds very much similar to a type of "Christian witchcraft". These practices appeal to the flesh and lead us into activity that draws us further from our Lord and His protection.

The verses in Ephesians 6 that describe spiritual warfare do so in defensive terms.

Satan runs this present world (for now and insofar as he is allowed by God). He has designed the world to appeal to and elevate the flesh (selfishness). As long as Christians are diverted into selfish activities, they are pretty much useless for Jesus to use for His work.

When a person becomes a Christian he cannot be possessed by a demon. He has the Spirit of God living inside of him. The purpose of a Christian is to grow into the image of Christ (Eph, 4). The Christian is supposed to surrender himself and his selfishness so that he can be filled with the Spirit of God so that Christ can be seen through him. This is where we are weakest.

We fail not in "casting our demons". We fail most in that we do not surrender the flesh so that we can be made more like Jesus. Christian maturity starts with truth. You already acknowledge watching "bad" movies, listening to "bad" music, and playing "bad" video games. We all do. We live in a society filled with unprecedented temptations and diversions.

The key is to see this in truth and not try to justify that what we are doing is harmless, recreational, or even healthy. When we distort truth so that we can feel comfortable with our flesh, we blind ourselves like the Pharisees. We see this in Luke 18. The Pharisee and the tax collector give us two examples. The one everyone thought was good (Pharisee) was really blind. The one everyone thought was evil (tax collector) was really able to see himself in truth.

When we look at ourselves in truth, we are all humbled. This is the state where God is able to work with us. James tells us that God gives more grace to the humble. This is not so much a reward as it is a reflection of capacity. We are only able to receive from God in truth and humility.

You may want to redirect your Christian walk from a focus on demons and evil spirits to a walk in humility and surrender to Jesus so that His Spirit can work in you to make you more like your Savior. In this process, evil spirits are almost irrelevant.
Thanks to everybody else for answering, I found this post to be the most relevant because this IS what I believe in, thank you very much for telling me this. I have thought of this things almost every day, I avoid these movies and music not because I am going to be saved(not true!), but because they won't do me any good and they don't bring me satisfaction any more... I tried playing a game the other day that's about shooting and all that, but I found no satisfaction. I find satisfaction through praying and BEING humble towards Jesus Christ, THROUGH Jesus Christ.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME. I truly mean it, God bless you.

Upvote 0