How do the Archangels guide us through Spiritual Combat?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Church teaches that the existence of Angels is a truth of the faith because they are part of the created order of God. Distinctive to this identity is that Angels are pure spirits not bound by time or space. They are spiritual creatures endowed with distinctive gifts and attributes representative of God the Father to provide spiritual care, guidance and protection to those who dwell within His Kingdom, mainly humanity by echoing the voice of God.

Examples of their service to the Kingdom is found in St. Gabriel’s announcement to Mary as the Mother of God.[1] The prophet Daniel receives St. Michael affirming Daniel’s fidelity to the Word of God and that St. Michael would stand by him and protect him.[2] We encounter St. Michael and his angels fighting the Devil and his legions, [3] Tobit and Sarah receive healing from St. Raphael and the archangel binds the evil demon Asmodeus who had killed Sarah’s previous seven husbands.[4]

We have come to know and understand that Angels are spiritual creatures, have intelligence and will and are personal immortal creatures surpassing in perfection all visible creatures because of the beautiful splendor and glory of their witness to God and His Word.[5]Many reading this article may recall a time as young children when we were introduced to Angels and specifically taught to pray to our Guardian Angels. In a scripted sense, our parents may have taught us to do the following: “you better pray that your guardian angel will protect you.” Usually this form of instruction-parental threat came after we had somehow broken the fourth commandment. Nevertheless, our understanding was that angels especially are Guardian Angels will spiritually protect us from everything.

Christ’s Messengers and Intercessors

The premise and role of Angels are under the direction of Christ Himself as He is the center of the angelic world. The Gospel of St. Matthew reminds us of this when all the angels will come with Christ in his glory.[6]As part of the saving plan of God, the Angels possess a distinct role not only messengers for Christ, but as spiritual guides and guardians of the faithful. We find evidence of the Angels’ direct intercession throughout salvation history in the following passages from Sacred Scripture:

1. They announced Salvation - Job 3:8-7
  2. Closed earthly Paradise - Gen 3:24, 29, 21:17, 22:11
  3. Stayed Abraham’s Hand - Ex 23:20-23
  4. Led the people of God – Jdgs. 6:11-24
  5. The archangel Gabriel announces the birth of Christ - Lk 1:11; 2:14; 26
Continued below.
How do the Archangels guide us through Spiritual Combat? | Knowing Is Doing

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I had an earache one day as I was sitting in my Lazy-Boy. I was so frustrated because I'm always sick with one thing or another. Then I heard a voice say "I will help you." Then that voice called out a demon name and told them to "quit!". Instantly, my earache was gone. My belief in angels grew after that.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had an earache one day as I was sitting in my Lazy-Boy. I was so frustrated because I'm always sick with one thing or another. Then I heard a voice say "I will help you." Then that voice called out a demon name and told them to "quit!". Instantly, my earache was gone. My belief in angels grew after that.
Praise the Lord! :)

Upvote 0