How do people continue to love God despite tragedy and his silence?

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I'm not talking about people who have morning coffee with Jesus every day and hear him crystal clear.

I'm talking about people like myself who are in the dark. In a dark place physically and mentally and have prayed and can't hear God.

How does one continue to love God?

I just have nothing left bc I feel I shouldn't have to twist God's arm to get him to care about My situation.

I also don't see God's love or compassion of he's able to help but refuses to do so.

Not sure what to think of God now honestly

I'm tired.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I'm not talking about people who have morning coffee with Jesus every day and hear him crystal clear.

I'm talking about people like myself who are in the dark. In a dark place physically and mentally and have prayed and can't hear God.

I just have nothing left bc I feel I shouldn't have to twist God's arm to get him to care about My situation.

I also don't see God's love or compassion of he's able to help but refuses to do so.

I'm tired.
Praise is still the answer. No matter How Bad it might seem. You'll be Glad you did. // I'll be Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's silence is actually one of the greatest answer He could offer.

It is in the silence that God is unfolding His will in your life. I find it love at work.
How is that a good answer?

Reactions: lukeh
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should probably be baptized again. I only feel anger towards God.

Beloved314
Beloved314
Baptism is the outward expression of you accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. It’s not to re-ignite some kind of spark. So this is not the answer.
The answer is to walk through this. HE IS THERE WITH YOU.

Read your Bible every single day.

Get in the Word, it’s the FIRST action to take. Let His Word speak to you. It’s a spiritual battle and your weapon is the Word of God.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟832,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I feel bad for you, it must be so hard. I do know, that you need to forgive God. I think that should be your first step. And praising, like J.Mick said is important. I have read a lot of Merlin Carother's books and it's amazing what praising and thanking the Lord can do even though sometimes it is hard. Hold onto His promises in His Word. The Lord works all things out for our good (Romans 8:28) we just got to keep trusting Him no matter how hard it is.
Remember how Job said, though He slay me I will trust Him. Job 13:15
Say it over and over "I trust you Lord until you believe it! and know it"
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:5,6
Put Jesus first in all you do and trust Him.
Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm tired.
I in no way brush off your question. It is a good and valid one. I can only answer that Jesus himself suffered greatly and tells us to pick up and carry our own crosses. God does not always shield is from pain and suffering. It seems life is filled with it at times. But we can respond with character, virtue, love, etc. Suffering can be THE place of our most intense spiritual growth.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟162,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for your troubles and that there is no instant fix.

In the dark and low times of our lives, He is the same God as in the good times. Unfortunately, sometimes we seem stuck in these circumstances.

There are different ways we can respond.

1. Curse God. That is blame God and make him into someone he is not. In a fallen world full of sin, God gets a kick out of seeing us in misery. Sure, many choose this response.

[Job 2:9 NIV] His wife said to him, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!"

2. In the dark valley of life, a) keep holding out to him in faith and prayer, no matter what. Many a man and woman of God has been there.

[Hab 3:17-18 NIV] Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
[Job 13:15 NIV] Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.
[Psa 23:4 NIV] Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

b) Recognize the real enemy of our souls.

[Eph 6:16 NIV] In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Even the Lord Jesus was attacked by the devil (Matthew 4).

He loves to see us down and out.

[1Pe 5:8 NIV] Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Well again, I could go on and on. There's no easy fix. To follow Christ is not easy, but many blessings are there if we don't give up.

[Hab 2:3 NIV] For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand you are tired

I'm tired.
I understand you are tired. It is time to rest in Him.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I'm tired.
Isaiah 50 is a prophecy about Jesus and what He would suffer for guilty sinners like us. The chapter ends with an exhortation and a warning:

"10Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His Servant? Who among you walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD; let him lean on his God. 11Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who array yourselves with firebrands, walk in the light of your fire and of the firebrands you have lit! This is what you will receive from My hand: You will lie down in a place of torment."

About 40 years ago, I got myself deceived. I was convinced something was God's will when it was not. I had 6 months of insomnia. It was terrible. The Lord used the insomnia to show me that I was out of His will. It sounds harsh, but I dread to think where I would be if I had got my own way. Love is not always sweet and touchy feely. God disciplines us for our good.

Faith is not feeling based but truth based. If God says that He loves you, He loves you. There is always a reason why suffer. God wants us to know Him, not just know about Him. When things go wrong, draw near to God whether you feel like it or not. Plead only the precious blood as payment for your sin of doubt and unbelief. Tell God that Jesus is your righteousness, so you have the right to enter His presence and come to the throne of mercy and grace and find the help that you need.

Jesus died for you. He did not have to. He could have turned His back on the humanity that rejected Him. He has promised never to leave us or forsake us. Ignore your feelings and reject Satan's lies. You will be on the road to restoration. You will stay in the dark and cold until you turn to God as I have advised.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm tired.
Hi bless you.. I don't know any that " have morning coffee with Jesus every day and hear him crystal clear". Billy Graham once said

"ooh some times I feel Christ so close that I feel like standing up and dancing a jig. There are times I feel like shouting HALLELUYAH! Then there are other times when I can't even touch Christ, I don't even feel Him at all. I remember when I was in school I wrote to my mom many years ago and I said mother you know for the last few weeks I havent been able to get anywhere in my prayers and I don't feel Christ. She said son you have accepted Christ as your Saviour and whether you have feeling or not, the moment that you don't feel anything are the moments when He may be the closest. Because that's the moment that you must walk by sheer faith and God maybe testing you. How wonderful to have a faith to believe. A faith that could change the world"

He said that so many years ago and its spot on. I just get alone and have worship music on maybe and pray and in the spirit.. for hours no matter how I feel and every time Hes there Luke 11 13

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 50 is a prophecy about Jesus and what He would suffer for guilty sinners like us. The chapter ends with an exhortation and a warning:

"10Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His Servant? Who among you walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD; let him lean on his God. 11Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who array yourselves with firebrands, walk in the light of your fire and of the firebrands you have lit! This is what you will receive from My hand: You will lie down in a place of torment."

About 40 years ago, I got myself deceived. I was convinced something was God's will when it was not. I had 6 months of insomnia. It was terrible. The Lord used the insomnia to show me that I was out of His will. It sounds harsh, but I dread to think where I would be if I had got my own way. Love is not always sweet and touchy feely. God disciplines us for our good.

Faith is not feeling based but truth based. If God says that He loves you, He loves you. There is always a reason why suffer. God wants us to know Him, not just know about Him. When things go wrong, draw near to God whether you feel like it or not. Plead only the precious blood as payment for your sin of doubt and unbelief. Tell God that Jesus is your righteousness, so you have the right to enter His presence and come to the throne of mercy and grace and find the help that you need.

Jesus died for you. He did not have to. He could have turned His back on the humanity that rejected Him. He has promised never to leave us or forsake us. Ignore your feelings and reject Satan's lies. You will be on the road to restoration. You will stay in the dark and cold until you turn to God as I have advised.
Well so far I'm doing what God wants and not living with my ex and my life is getting worse.

Again I don't see the love if someone is able to help but chooses not to.. and willingly leave someone in the dark... I don't see rhe love. It just makes me angrier at God if anything

I really feel my hand is forced and I may give my kids to their dads so I can get myself together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well so far I'm doing what God wants and not living with my ex and my life is getting worse.

Again I don't see the love if someone is able to help but chooses not to.. and willingly leave someone in the dark... I don't see rhe love. It just makes me angrier at God if anything

I really feel my hand is forced and I may give my kids to their dads so I can get myself together.
Getting mad at God is the worst thing you can possible do. Been there, done that. One day you will see the whole picture. There is always a reason and the problem is always us. You have to get back to fundamentals. God so loved......... You don't know why God is permitting your situation. If you stick it out, eventually you will find out. You will be wiser and stronger. If you quit, you lose. Your suffering will be pointless and fruitless. Don't let the devil drag you down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Making a wrong turn is easy. Finding our way back is harder and purposeful. It should encourage us to stay the course to avoid a repeat. We’re living the consequences.

This is when you grin and bear it. You own the mistakes and repent and endure the climb. God didn’t put us there. We did it to ourselves. Getting angry with Him doesn’t change that. We want an instant fix. A wave of the wand and life isn’t like that.

Every choice has ripples. Good or bad. When you get that in your spirit you’re more discriminating. Just because we can do something doesn’t mean we should. It takes a long time to learn that but when we do things get easier.

There’s another side we often forget. We complain about His silence and distance. But who moved? God or us? When we’re lost in our folly and disobedient are we talking to Him or doing our thing? Do we consider His feelings when we do the same? Probably not. Children usually don’t.

~bella

Reactions: ForceofGrace
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm tired.
At the moment, the best advice I can give is to read Psalm 22, and remember it was written by King David, a man after God's on heart. And yet at times David felt forsaken by God.

Maybe all Christians feel this way from time to time. I know I've struggled with it. I also know that this past Thursday, when God answered "No" to a prayer I made for someone else, that if He had answered "Yes," that person would have been in a situation difficult to endure.

If you want to know if God loves you, or wonder where is God's love, He showed it there on the cross. None of us has done anything that would make us so worthy that God Himself, through Jesus, God the Son, would be tortured and die an agonizing death so that we might not be eternally lost. As Paul pointed out, God the Son died for us while we were still enemies. If God did not love us, He would have never have done that.

I don't have any pat answers. If I did, I wouldn't have my own struggles at times. But I do know that, like what happened last Thursday, we don't see everything. But the fact that God the Son suffered and died for us, we who deserved only destruction, so that we could be saved, shows that He cares. That God the Father raised God the Son from the dead is evidence of the promise He gives to all who believe on Him.

There is something else, though, something that can be so hard to see to us who, by our nature, can only see the present, remember the past, and hope for the future. Our time in this life, though we may live to be over a hundred, is so short compared to eternity. We have the promise of God that one day He will wipe away all our tears. That is a promise made through love.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Making a wrong turn is easy. Finding our way back is harder and purposeful. It should encourage us to stay the course to avoid a repeat. We’re living the consequences.

This is when you grin and bear it. You own the mistakes and repent and endure the climb. God didn’t put us there. We did it to ourselves. Getting angry with Him doesn’t change that. We want an instant fix. A wave of the wand and life isn’t like that.

Every choice has ripples. Good or bad. When you get that in your spirit you’re more discriminating. Just because we can do something doesn’t mean we should. It takes a long time to learn that but when we do things get easier.

There’s another side we often forget. We complain about His silence and distance. But who moved? God or us? When we’re lost in our folly and disobedient are we talking to Him or doing our thing? Do we consider His feelings when we do the same? Probably not. Children usually don’t.

~bella
I have no issues owning my mistakes. I had kids with the wrong men. Take full accountability for that. What I can't understand is when I'm trying to turn Mt situation around and improve it by working and going to school and my car breaks down, I lose my job and bc of that I lose caps for my kids... that I don't get. I would understand if I did absolutely nothing but I'm not I'm doing everything I possibly can.

Also I think this goes beyond consequences as I've seen women have more kids than I do and they were able to still turn their situation around and be independent.

Main difference is they have help I don't.

Also not everyone that has kids oow is experiencing what I am. A cousin of mine had 5 kids. 5 and He still helped her get her own place and have a stable job. A woman on YT proclaims to be Christian but had 3 kids oow and she has her own place and is doing real estate. So I think for me it's beyond co sequences. Just boils down to the fact I don't have help like everyone I mentioned does.

Either way I'm about to give up on God if my situation doesn't change with Mt efforts. I'm done there's no love in someone that can help but refuses to. No one can convince me of that.

Much rather God just kill me if He refuses to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I can't understand is when I'm trying to turn Mt situation around and improve it by working and going to school and my car breaks down, I lose my job and bc of that I lose caps for my kids... that I don't get. I would understand if I did absolutely nothing but I'm not I'm doing everything I possibly can.

It’s impossible to see the fallout upfront. If you knew it would lead to this you would have done things differently. Understandably so.

Also I think this goes beyond consequences as I've seen women have more kids than I do and they were able to still turn their situation around and be independent.

Main difference is they have help I don't.

That’s a sizable difference. You have everything on your shoulders which requires a different approach. You can’t look at them. They don’t have it easy either. If the relationship ends—and it usually does—they’re starting again with kids in tow. The more you have the harder it is.

My stepmother told me something that served me well. It prevented me from being dependent and having unrealistic expectations of others. She said never forget the child is your responsibility. People say a lot and make lots of promises. They mean well. But don’t build your hopes upon them. If they come through that’s great. If they don’t its okay.

I understood the buck stops with me. I made plans according to my abilities. What I could handle on my own. If they pitched in that was great. When they didn’t come through I made adjustments and learned from my mistakes.

Your children are young. It’s hard to work without help. When they’re sick you need a sitter. I went to school instead. That’s all I could handle. Missing class was easier than a day of work. I went in person. You didn’t go online back then. If I faced the same I’d pursue my education until they’re ready for school. By then I’m done or nearly so and made use of the time.

It’s admirable you want to work but it may be difficult in the season. You have too much on your plate that compromises your employment.

Either way I'm about to give up on God if my situation doesn't change with Mt efforts. I'm done there's no love in someone that can help but refuses to. No one can convince me of that.

How do you know He’s responsible for their circumstances? No one tells you everything. Especially on here. You’re looking at them and wondering why not me when you don’t have the facts. If you had your own place what’s the likelihood he’d be living with you or you’d be pregnant again? I’ve seen that movie.

Everyone I knew who had children (when I did) continued to do so. Three or more was the norm and they weren’t married. I was the only one who stopped. We were on different trajectories. One day I said to myself, if you don’t want to end up the same you need new associations. I was friends with one of them but knew the rest and heard about every one.

And it was the same ‘ol thing. It was a mindset and a cycle. I saw it and broke away. You don’t need to surround yourself with single mothers. You need to be around people your age who don’t have grown folks problems. They’re more likely to encourage and help you than the others. They’re in the same boat.

That was the best thing I could have done. I met so many people with different interests and experiences that didn’t involve baby daddies and baby mama drama. There’s more to life than that.

Do what you can in this season. If all you can handle is one or two classes on a computer then do it. You’ll have 4 to 8 in a year. A little progress is better than none.

And tell your story. You know how to write and use social media. Create a blog about single parenting. Share the highs and lows. You’re not the only one. All you need is a host and domain. They’re not expensive. They’ll be on sale for Black Friday.

There’s always a ram in the bush.

~bella

Upvote 0