How do people continue to love God despite tragedy and his silence?

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do people continue to love God despite tragedy and his silence? God isn't silent... God talks, I've felt the power and once I prayed for my death and he answered and made me believe stronger that I belong on this Earth. I was at my lowest wanting God to finish me.

Upvote 0

UsernamedNamedUser

Nov 26, 2022
Merkezköyler
✟17,769.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are told to pray unceasingly. So if you do not hear God, then pray more. If you do not hear him again, pray some more. God is faithful to those who seek him and will respond at the proper time. That is how I deal with problems in dark times.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are told to pray unceasingly. So if you do not hear God, then pray more. If you do not hear him again, pray some more. God is faithful to those who seek him and will respond at the proper time. That is how I deal with problems in dark times.
Exactly. God will communicate when necessary in good time.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
And I'm not talking about people who have morning coffee with Jesus every day and hear him crystal clear.

I'm talking about people like myself who are in the dark. In a dark place physically and mentally and have prayed and can't hear God.

How does one continue to love God?

I just have nothing left bc I feel I shouldn't have to twist God's arm to get him to care about My situation.

I also don't see God's love or compassion of he's able to help but refuses to do so.

Not sure what to think of God now honestly

I'm tired.
God will have the final say at the end of time when Christ returns in glory. Nothing will go unpunished for the unrepentant. Trust in his goodness and faithfulness despite your feelings. He is always there. Without him, we would cease to exist.

Blessings

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes prayer is incredibly difficult because of the darkness/dryness. I suggest meditating on the Psalms and Gospels to find a cadence to your prayer life IMO.

God bless

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

UsernamedNamedUser

Nov 26, 2022
Merkezköyler
✟17,769.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes prayer is incredibly difficult because of the darkness/dryness. I suggest meditating on the Psalms and Gospels to find a cadence to your prayer life IMO.

God bless
One should not find praying to God boring. If a person's heart is in his prayers he will find them full of life and fulfilling. If a man's heart is not in his prayers they will be dead and dry to him.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
One should not find praying to God boring. If a person's heart is in his prayers he will find them full of life and fulfilling. If a man's heart is not in his prayers they will be dead and dry to him.
I agree. Prayer can be difficult for some because the words don't flow. Thanks for the comment.

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Every good thing that happens ultimately comes from God. Every bad thing that happens ultimately is caused by rebellion against God, either our own sin, or the sins of others that affect us. Give thanks for every good thing in your life. Don't blame God for the sins of others or your own sins. God is perfect.

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1670032126480.png

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This Biblical account has helped numerous times.. Hope you see this-
After fighting and traveling 3 days, David and his men returned to their camp and found their dwellings plundered and burnt. More importantly. their wives and families had been taken. Needless to say they were upset. Then the warriors who had just fought with him began to talk about killing him. At that point, David had lost his family and home. Plus his friends had become his enemies.

Scripture says David wept until he couldn't. Then he encouraged himself in the Lord. It doesn't say how. Since he wrote most of the Psalms, he realized (no matter the circumstances) how important it was to praise and worship the Lord.

Next he prayed. David was a warrior and that would have been his mindset but amazingly he didn't assume, he prayed. (I Sam 30).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This Biblical account has helped numerous times.. Hope you see this-
After fighting and traveling 3 days, David and his men returned to their camp and found their dwellings plundered and burnt. More importantly. their wives and families had been taken. Needless to say they were upset. Then the warriors who had just fought with him began to talk about killing him. At that point, David had lost his family and home. Plus his friends had become his enemies.

Scripture says David wept until he couldn't. Then he encouraged himself in the Lord. It doesn't say how. Since he wrote most of the Psalms, he realized (no matter the circumstances) how important it was to praise and worship the Lord.

Next he prayed. David was a warrior and that would have been his mindset but amazingly he didn't assume, he prayed. (I Sam 30).
Yeah psalms is nice .

Upvote 0