singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Quick question!!!I`ve been trying to copy a youtube and it won`t let me.I used to all the time.Has it changed how you do it???

ms, I just copy the url at the top of the page and then paste it whereever :)

Upvote 0

MPaul

Covered by the Blood
Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
✟8,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

This rule below quoted should be of interest to Pentecostals and Charismatics.

Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal Blog.

It's hard to say what this rule means. An essential part of the faith of those who profess the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by speaking in tongues is, that messages can be received from the Holy Spirit for personal guidance.

I Corinthains 14:3-5,39
3, But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4, He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5, I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
39, Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I Thessalonians 5:19-21
19, Quench not the Spirit.
20, Despise not prophesyings.
21, Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

So, does this rule restrict or eliminate discussion of this part of Pentecostal beliefs on prophecy for personal guidance? Or does this rule apply merely to people upholding themselves as a prophet on the order of being able to set out messages from God at the level of Scripture, adding to Special Revelation and God's overall plan for humankind? In the latter case, the restriction is Scriptural, as there must be proper verification, which would be a long and complex process, and which has not happened for 2,000 years. However, if the former meaning is intended, not only would a substantial part of the Pentecostal practice of their faith be restricted, – but then, when people come into the forum asserting tongues are gibberish, the best defense for the Pentecostal position is virtually eliminated, witnessing messages from tongues which have rendered personal guidance in our lives.

I wonder how these rules differ in general from what existed previously.

Upvote 0

splendour

Jan 11, 2012
✟15,112.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thank you my father for the showers of blessing
I have no cause to worry for the morrow
For each day different showers
You have made springs in the desert
Flood upon dry ground
Surge of water out of rocks
A pillow out of stone
I am blessed beyond imagination
I am a blessing to the community of thy creation
I am your beacon
Thank you father in Jesus name Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Please guys if you have any questions about rules or what you can or can't post please ask myself or another staff member. We are here to help you guys as well as serve our Saviour.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Please guys if you have any questions about rules or what you can or can't post please ask myself or another staff member. We are here to help you guys as well as serve our Saviour.
Thankyou so much,'MissRowy'

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.