singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I thought I'd start this thread because at least once a day I get asked by someone how to do this or that in the forums. And I have about a bazillion how tos I want to know.

So that is what this thread is about. Two things: to tell how to do something or to ask how to do something.

Please! ... if you're giving directions be VERY exact and precise from a-z on the how to. The one thing I realize more and more is that so many don't understand even the basic lingo ... that would be like me

If you're asking how or having a problem doing something you need to also be very precise in what it is you need to know.

So I'm going to start with blessings which whippingpost asked about in another thread.

Where do blessings come from:

1. you get a blessing every time you post

2. you can also be given blessings from someone

3. and you can give blessings to others

4. you can enter contests like the character dress-ups for blessing prizes.

5. you can take quizzes for blessings ... and I'm sure their are other ways ... these are the basics.

uses for blessings:

1. blessings are like money ... they can purchase things from the armory (store)

a. to do that go up to the top of your page and click on the blue box that says character items.

b. the first thing you need to purchase here is your body. you put it together by purchasing five seperate parts ... hair ... lips ... skin color ... eyes ... nose ... when you've purchased all five parts then your character shows up with a basic set of undergarmets.

c. now you're going to want clothes ... that you purchase in the second row. pretty self explanatory.

d. the third column is for purchasing special item ... like dogs or cars or religious items, etc. you can only equip three items at a time from this catergory. the last one you equip in it will always show up behind the posts

e. in each of the columns you will find four segments to choose from. the first one shows you what you have already purchased ... second shows you what you are equipped with (wearing) ... you will use it to take off clothes or items ... the third is to purchase ... and the fourth is to equip (put on)

2. to give blessing to someone (blessing them is the lingo)

a. find a post they posted on ... next to their character are a bunch of symbols.

b. find the one that is a little red heart with a black cross ... click on it ...

c. a screen will pop up ...

d. you can use the top half to bless blessings from yours either anonymously or you can leave a message ... the bottom half allows you to bless them with an item you've purchased and have in your "closet".

e. you can see what people have in their closet by going to their homepage by clicking on their link on their post down toward the bottom on the right side ... unless they've closed it ... you have one for your homepage on your posts.

f. when you bless someone they will receive a private message (pm ... flashing red) letting them know they've been blessed.

These are the basics. I'm sure I've missed some things ... I trust someone will know how to fill them in.

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
So my first question is when editing my homepage I want to change the color of the words on my homepage title ... how do I know what hex thingy to enter and where? I know wher, I think but someone else might not. thanks for any help!!!!

Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Here's the hex code list.

As for the items you have been blessed with, jayh, in the pm there should be instructions where you can find them. You don't need to accept them, they are already passed over to you. But if you have been blessed with, say, a butterfly, then the pm will tell you that 'this is to be found in the Nature Section of Special Items. So you go to your List of Special Items link and there it will be!

But when you want to use the item, you need to go to Equip Special Items and then you need to know that the butterfly is in the Nature section so you can find it and equip your character with it.

BTW if anyone wants detailed instructions on embedding an image or using their CF character, I has'm and will send then via pm if asked.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Bless you, bless you, bless you, flaglady!!!!!! I can't think of anyone who gives precise instructions as well as you. I was checking in for the night to see what I could offer. Gallbladder coming out next Friday ... at this point every day is a battle with naseau. After that I'll get back to regular posting. Thank you so much for making my day easier!!!! I'm working with hillbillyhippiechick in rep forum to try to run a thread there that blesses somehow those that post on this thread. Just don't got a whole lot of oompf right now. This is so great! A lot of what I've learned I found in pages back info that you, flaglady, posted. You're the one that makes it so easy to understand. Forum friends, we've been blessed today!

Upvote 0

mountainmaiden

roots down to the water
Dec 24, 2007
seeking celestial well being
✟50,582.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I clicked on the here, Flaglady. Who knew! I had no idea. It is so awesome! I would really like it if you pmmed me the two things you mentioned. I'm not sure what embedding is and I didn't know you could do different things with your character but I can't wait to learn. Simply awesome! Thank you for your time, Flaglady.

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bless you, bless you, bless you, flaglady!!!!!! I can't think of anyone who gives precise instructions as well as you. I was checking in for the night to see what I could offer. Gallbladder coming out next Friday ... at this point every day is a battle with naseau. After that I'll get back to regular posting. Thank you so much for making my day easier!!!! I'm working with hillbillyhippiechick in rep forum to try to run a thread there that blesses somehow those that post on this thread. Just don't got a whole lot of oompf right now. This is so great! A lot of what I've learned I found in pages back info that you, flaglady, posted. You're the one that makes it so easy to understand. Forum friends, we've been blessed today!

Lord Jesus look on lisamontana, we ask that you would touch her body right now, surround her with your peace right now, and give her grace for today. we ask that you would bless the hands of the surgeon, let his mind be clear, let him see with your eyes, look on all who attend to her on that day. we ask for your healing power to be present even before she goes into the operating room. let her have no fear, no anxieties, and no worries. we thank You for being her healer, her High Tower and her Rock of defense. thank you for giving her feet like hinds feet to walk on high places. thank you for a quick recovery with no complications, no mistakes, and no infections. we thank you for your blessings upon her life, thank you that your Word has the last say in all things, and we thank you for perfecting those things that concern her, In Your Name
Amen
&
:amen:

Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Lord Jesus look on lisamontana, we ask that you would touch her body right now, surround her with your peace right now, and give her grace for today. we ask that you would bless the hands of the surgeon, let his mind be clear, let him see with your eyes, look on all who attend to her on that day. we ask for your healing power to be present even before she goes into the operating room. let her have no fear, no anxieties, and no worries. we thank You for being her healer, her High Tower and her Rock of defense. thank you for giving her feet like hinds feet to walk on high places. thank you for a quick recovery with no complications, no mistakes, and no infections. we thank you for your blessings upon her life, thank you that your Word has the last say in all things, and we thank you for perfecting those things that concern her, In Your Name
Amen
&
:amen:

Only one thing to say to that
07e6abaff6.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Thank you bithiah and flaglady! I have to tell you this. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was ... wow! I don't feel so nauseated! ... When I read your posts I laughed ... that would explain why! It's there but not nearly as bad. It's early so we shall see ... but even these moments I've had are the first good ones nausea speaking in months. I'm on a blood thinner from the whole heart thing in Oct so they had to wait until I'd been on it long enough that they could take me off it long enough to do the surgery. Yesterday was my first thinner free day. You guys are awesome ... to not feel nauseated even for a few minutes is a HUGE blessing! Thank you!

question on HEX code ... flaglady I went to the here you gave us in your post to click on and got the code. I keep trying over and over but it doesn't take ... what am I doing wrong! I'm practicing with trying to change the color of my homepage title. I tried with the word HEX added in front, without it, with just the code, every which way I could think of. I'm thinking maybe I'm putting it on the wrong line. It just can't be that hard!!! hmmm... maybe I'm that dense ... lol!

Note on blessings! I was reminded of something I forgot to add on the blessings post. I was just asked this. When you change clothes ... no you can keep the old ones in your closet and accumulate. You don't have to trade them in.

Upvote 0

satrunstar

God spake and it was done
Aug 30, 2005
Montana
✟29,534.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok, I want to get an avatar from photo bucket. I tried but it doesn't seem to be working....Or taking my blessings for that matter....LOL. Not that I want them to or anything. Anyways thanks so much

Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Thank you bithiah and flaglady! I have to tell you this. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was ... wow! I don't feel so nauseated! ... When I read your posts I laughed ... that would explain why! It's there but not nearly as bad. It's early so we shall see ... but even these moments I've had are the first good ones nausea speaking in months. I'm on a blood thinner from the whole heart thing in Oct so they had to wait until I'd been on it long enough that they could take me off it long enough to do the surgery. Yesterday was my first thinner free day. You guys are awesome ... to not feel nauseated even for a few minutes is a HUGE blessing! Thank you!

Praise God for His mercy. I am delighted to hear it!

question on HEX code ... flaglady I went to the here you gave us in your post to click on and got the code. I keep trying over and over but it doesn't take ... what am I doing wrong! I'm practicing with trying to change the color of my homepage title. I tried with the word HEX added in front, without it, with just the code, every which way I could think of. I'm thinking maybe I'm putting it on the wrong line. It just can't be that hard!!! hmmm... maybe I'm that dense ... lol!

Actually I should apologise for not saying so before but there are a lot of system errors active at the moment and this may be on the list. So far people can't seem to change avatars or signatures as well. Have patience, the masters of all things techy are working on it!

Note on blessings! I was reminded of something I forgot to add on the blessings post. I was just asked this. When you change clothes ... no you can keep the old ones in your closet and accumulate. You don't have to trade them in.

Absolutely correct, motana!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
lo! ... that is good to know! ... maybe I'm not as dense as I thought! ... I don't want to pose a new subject til' I get this one ironed out. But I thought I'd show everyone something kind of fun. So I'll be right back ...

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I thought I'd share how to make an object boing up and down across the page ... so here goes ...

1. select and copy image
2. in post reply type

a. [between these brackets put just the word pong]paste image[and between these brackets put just the word pong with that / in front of it.]

and you get this ...

[pong]
WeeCheshireCatSmilie.gif
[/pong]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
and thirdly if you do the exact same thing only use the word updown it does this ...

[updown]
smiley-pony.gif
[/updown]

and that's all of those I know ... too much fun!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Flaglady, I have another question ... I hope I'm not being a pest ... I just seem to have to know how to do stuff! ... lol!

I want to put background music on my homepage. This is the code that was given to me.

<bgsoundsrc="urlofsong"autostart=trueloop=infinite>

Is that the correct code?
Do I put it on the hotmail part?
If not where do I put it?

http://thescripturetree.com/ this is what I'm trying to put on there. Is it correct for it's purpose?

Thank you for any help! Anyone else have any input? God bless, all!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.