• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how do i stop this ocd attack

Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟72,905.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
imver very very passionate about gaming i was in a rofessional team once but my ocd send bad thought in my hea making me believe gming no long a thing its dying out when its not its growing iv prayedfor jesus to stop this ocd but its very hard to ignor im close to making games a job but the ocd cause me great depression and stress

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
imver very very passionate about gaming i was in a rofessional team once but my ocd send bad thought in my hea making me believe gming no long a thing its dying out when its not its growing iv prayedfor jesus to stop this ocd but its very hard to ignor im close to making games a job but the ocd cause me great depression and stress
Hello!
My best friend is a fulltime professional gamer, he has been playing the same game for 20 years and was only able to make an actual living off of it in the last 2. The only reason he can do this is because he became friends with a very wealthy sponsor who floats him and his wife works.

It is virtually impossible to be a professional gamer for a living. Consider, very seriously, if you want to make the time and emotional investment in this pursuit that very rarely results in success. I would recommend you find something positive and beneficial to spend your time and thoughts on, where you can work in a healthy and balanced environment.

Just my thoughts, and I do have obsessive compulsions also. Prayer and scripture reading have helped me with them. :)

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟72,905.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello!
My best friend is a fulltime professional gamer, he has been playing the same game for 20 years and was only able to make an actual living off of it in the last 2. The only reason he can do this is because he became friends with a very wealthy sponsor who floats him and his wife works.

It is virtually impossible to be a professional gamer for a living. Consider, very seriously, if you want to make the time and emotional investment in this pursuit that very rarely results in success. I would recommend you find something positive and beneficial to spend your time and thoughts on, where you can work in a healthy and balanced environment.

Just my thoughts, and I do have obsessive compulsions also. Prayer and scripture reading have helped me with them. :)
the team im is sponsored by monster energy and a few other companies like gfuel and razor

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
the team im is sponsored by monster energy and a few other companies like gfuel and razor
That's cool. I suppose if you can work 8 hours a day on week days and support yourself you are in the extreme minority. Even the "successful" fulltime twitch streamers and gamers who go fulltime actually work WAY more than 8 hours a day training and playing in tournaments, developing their followings and subs...it's a massive grind.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

A man named Norman Cousins got relief from his particular but very different condition by watching comedies and laughing and I would recommend the very funny Pastor Bobby Conner if you would like to give this a try:

Here is some information on the condition that Norman Cousins used humour and laughter to assist in his treatment of.

The Remarkable Story of Norman Cousins - Laugh Off Life

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you currently getting help for your OCD? Can you apply strategies you've learned for other obsessions to this obsession? If you're not sure how to do that, I'd be glad to give some tips about things I've learned for dealing with OCD.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟72,905.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you currently getting help for your OCD? Can you apply strategies you've learned for other obsessions to this obsession? If you're not sure how to do that, I'd be glad to give some tips about things I've learned for dealing with OCD.
i defeated i lost my ability to care for anything and i dont know if i can care again iv been bested it seems i wish it was different

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i defeated i lost my ability to care for anything and i dont know if i can care again iv been bested it seems i wish it was different
You can care again. OCD just makes us feel discouraged because of the lies it tells us. Do you have anything that you're doing to treat your OCD?

• Agree
Reactions: Tania11
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟72,905.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can care again. OCD just makes us feel discouraged because of the lies it tells us. Do you have anything that you're doing to treat your OCD?
yeah pil but i still dont care orif somethng tragic happens im nt fazed i completely numb

Upvote 0

Tania11

Jan 30, 2020
la jolla
✟27,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I think most people (if not all) with OCD experience this. I hope I can regain my hope and feelings by treating it as OCD.

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think most people (if not all) with OCD experience this. I hope I can regain my hope and feelings by treating it as OCD.
You are right, this is common, and yes - by treating the OCD, you can start feeling a lot better! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Tania11
Upvote 0