USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Whenever someone is wrong about something, whether it be getting a simple fact wrong or having fallacious thinking, I feel angry over it for some reason. It's really annoying not having a peaceful mind.
How do I make it stop?
Ask a qualified person about your prayer rule?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whenever someone is wrong about something, whether it be getting a simple fact wrong or having fallacious thinking, I feel angry over it for some reason. It's really annoying not having a peaceful mind.
How do I make it stop?
I will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on THEE. Isaiah 26:3
Philippians 4:6-8
Psalms 119:165

Follow what scripture tells us brings a peaceful mind and heart.
Opps I don't think I am suppose to post here...my sincere apologies

Reactions: rrobsr
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do I make it stop?
People tend to have more than one interest. Usually I just switch over to another area of thought that I like or that I can do. It could be as simple as a hobby or other Bible topics that I am interested in. The way I see it if a person lets anger fester too long, then that turns into bitterness and also can descend even lower than that. The key is having something else to focus on. Philippians 4:8

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do I make it stop?

My guess is that it's showing you a source of pride in yourself, though it could be something else. Best to talk to your Confessor, and ask for advice on how to counteract that - some spiritual exercise or something else, etc.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on THEE. Isaiah 26:3
Philippians 4:6-8
Psalms 119:165

Follow what scripture tells us brings a peaceful mind and heart.
Opps I don't think I am suppose to post here...my sincere apologies

Lol, your post is fine. Non Orthodox are allowed to post as long as they don't contradict Orthodox teaching

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the welcome...
:) Consider this to be a welcome from us all. We are always happy to have guests in fellowship and discussion, so long as the SoP is followed.

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟277,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Anastasia that such feelings usually arise out of pride. We value our own opinions, even exalting them to the level of facts, and when someone dares to express a different opinion, it triggers anger in us that they would contradict what is so very clear to us. I think in that situation, I would pray for God to grant wisdom to myself and the other person. In that way you don't merely make it the other person's problem (which it very well might actually be) but you also ask God to intervene rather than trying to rectify the situation yourself. The demons would be happy to see you get into a heated argument rather than have you seek for God to soften both your hearts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do I make it stop?

focus on the the virtues. the best way to dispel the darkness of sin is to let in the Light of Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WadeTheophan

Falling and getting up to fall again
Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Anastasia that such feelings usually arise out of pride. We value our own opinions, even exalting them to the level of facts, and when someone dares to express a different opinion, it triggers anger in us that they would contradict what is so very clear to us. I think in that situation, I would pray for God to grant wisdom to myself and the other person. In that way you don't merely make it the other person's problem (which it very well might actually be) but you also ask God to intervene rather than trying to rectify the situation yourself. The demons would be happy to see you get into a heated argument rather than have you seek for God to soften both your hearts.
I agree with Nutroll and Anastasia and would strongly urge you to study what the Church Fathers say in the philokalia about the incensive power of the soul. It is a veeery powerful teaching that goes hand in hand with watchfulness. I would give you a synopsis of the teaching but I know I would screw it up. I’ll try to give some precise references in the next 24 hrs.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟745,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are a younger guy and probably taking this on just as you should. I wish I was where you are back in the day (& even now for that matter). Keep praying, have penitential awareness, & do whatever good you can.

Upvote 0

Abel Gkiouzelis

The Smile of God in your heart
Feb 25, 2016
Greece
Visit site
✟23,404.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
How do I make it stop?

With frequent Holy Confession to your Spiritual Father. Try to go to the Holy Confession 1-2 times every month and say it always to your Spiritual Father and it will stop soon.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hate to break it to ya, but coming to TAW isn’t always going to be the answer to quelling anger. Occasionally I find it more the instigator than cure LOL.

I don't know I am always angry.

Upvote 0