seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know women are better equipped in some ways for childcare because they are (talking the traditional hubby at work, SAHM) with the child all day. But if the hubby is home every evening/weekends why shouldnt he find creative ways to help mama out with the tough stuff she gets tired of dealing with day in and day out (aka feeding in my case)?

Ya know how you need a break from your kids? Well, they need a break from you, too, mama. If your husband wants to do some things his own way, let him. If he wants to grab just the toddler and run off to the park without so much as a pack of wipes, let him. If he wants to feed the toddler red jello while she's wearing her sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes, let him.

When we are at home all day with these little creatures, our perspective gets all skewed and we forget what the big picture looks like. You need to remember that from the view of your daughter, seeing mommy gritch at daddy about every little thing is going to be much worse than ruining her good clothes or spending an extra half an hour in a dirty diaper.

I know it's hard to do when you are pregnant and nesting and your home seems like all there is to the world. But take a second and step back. Pick your battles. Let your husband be his child's father, instead of insisting that he be just like her mother.

God bless :)

Upvote 0