How do I know I am truly saved by God (Jesus Christ)?

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It’s all grace, all from God IOW, including faith, but generally we don’t care much about heaven until we begin to believe, and that belief opens the door to a relationship with Him where sin begins to be overcome in us. To put it another way we love Him because He first loved us and He wants us to love as He does. By our love, more than anything else, of God and neighbor, we have the best evidence that we’re saved. And that same love caused Jesus to die for us while we are yet sinners, so sin isn’t an obstacle for Him; He just calls and waits for us to respond to that love.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible/probable I will be lost again?
How to be 100% guaranteed that I am saved without any chance of being lost again?

Those are very good questions.

1 Cor 15:20-28 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The above verses teach that Christ is the Savior of mankind. "All" who have died in Adam (that's everyone) is the same "all" who will be made alive "in Christ". Who could that possibly leave out? All mankind WILL be saved someday because it is God's will for us to be saved. Scripture even says this:

1 Tim 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time.

Once you can understand and believe that Christ is going to save each and every person someday, then the next questions you should ask is "how" and "when" does it happen?

Here is the answer to "when": In this present age, Christ is only saving His First Fruits of His harvest of mankind. They are also called saints, Elect, Overcomers, Chosen and Heirs of the promise. If a person has not been chosen from the foundation of the world to be in this harvest of First Fruits, they will die in their sins and have to wait for their salvation at the end of the final age when the full harvest of mankind is brought into the Kingdom of Heaven. It is at that time that 1Tim 2:3-6 will be testified to be true and when Christ will deliver up the Kingdom of Heaven to the Father (which now contains all mankind). It will then be proven to be true that Christ accomplished His work that the Father gave Him to do:

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Someday, this verse too will be proven to be true:

Phi 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The answer to the next question of "how" He accomplishes this great work of salvation for mankind is not a quick and easy answer. I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

There are two parts to Christ's work of saving us:

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The first part Christ accomplished at the cross when He purchased mankind's sin debt. Now when anyone physically dies, Christ has the power and legal right to resurrect us from the grave. Those who are First Fruits will be resurrected to life in the Kingdom of Heaven. All others will go into the Lake of Fire. The Lake of Fire is not eternal hell but is a symbol used to represent the judgment of God which is righteous and true. God's judgment is not like mankind's judgment. God's judgment is for our benefit. Even the First Fruits are judged. Judgment is a necessary part on the pathway to salvation. When Christ judges us, we are taught His righteousness:

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

The first part of Christ's work (to give us life) has been accomplished. Now Christ is working on the second part which is to give us life more abundantly. More abundant life is a life free from sin and a life with a restored relationship with the Father. Christ accomplished the first part of His work at the cross in a very short time. But the second part of His work (more abundant life) takes TWO ages of time. As I stated earlier, in this present age, Christ is giving more abundant life (salvation) to only those persons who were blessed from the foundation of the world to be saved first (the First Fruits). All others will receive their salvation at the end of the final age.

So how does one receive more abundant life (salvation) in this present age? We must travel the narrow pathway that Christ has laid out for us to travel. But before we can travel the narrow pathway, we must travel the wide pathway that leads to destruction first. We are not given a choice.

Paul said that his conversion experience is the pattern the Elect must follow to find salvation, so to know the pattern, we need to look at Paul's conversion. In that pattern, it shows the wide and narrow pathways. But this is not the only place in scripture the pattern is presented - there are many, many other scriptures which teach portions of both pathways. And from them, they give us additional details of the pathways.

In order to be brief, I will summarize the pathways without presenting the supporting verses or giving much detail. Here it is:

The first pathway is wide and starts when Christ "calls" a person out from the world. It is at this point when Christ gives us an earnest amount of the Spirit and we start calling Him "Lord". This is the Early Rain of the Spirit and is what Paul experienced on the Damascus Road. Christ comes to us and not the other way around. When Christ comes, He gives us a small down payment of the Holy Spirit but He leaves us spiritually blind and weak. Because we are left blind and weak, we must be led by the hand just as Paul had to be lead by the hand. Paul's blindness symbolized his spiritual blindness. At this point, we enter the "church" or group made up of called out believers. A short time after entering the church, Satan's ministers come to us and feed us a diet of stones and leaven. It is a time of great deception when Satan's masquerades as Christ. From this diet of false truth, instead of being sanctified by it, we grow into a "worse creature". When this creature is fully mature, it is called a "Man of Sin". This is at this time that that we are said to be asleep at midnight, the deepest state of spiritual darkness.

Everyone travels this portion of the wide pathway which leads to destruction, even the Elect. But with the Elect, Christ will come to them a second time after they have matured into a Man of Sin. When Christ comes, He comes at a time when they are not expecting Him and He comes as a thief in the night to destroy. This second coming of Christ is the Latter Rain. When He comes, He heals the Elect person's spiritual blindness and destroys the Man of Sin (in "one hour") whom they have become with the brightness of His appearing (truth). It is at this point that a new child of God is born and they then start travelling the pathway that leads to the narrow gate where they mature into a son of God and produce spiritual fruit.

This pathway is 100% the work of Christ. He causes His Elect to travel it and overcome this world just as He overcame this world. They are His First Fruits.

I hope this helps and is not too confusing. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them and present scriptures.
Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
By trusting what Jesus said.

John 5:24 - “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Then Jesus said this:

John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

So, the only question is this: do you believe what Jesus said?

If you do, you ARE saved.

Read John 10:28 until you have it memorized. And believe it.

How to be 100% guaranteed that I am saved without any chance of being lost again?
Whosoever believes in ME (Jesus the Son of God) shall not perish but have eternal life.

Again, do you believe this?

Upvote 0

Butterball1

Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
✟32,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

A Christian can know he/she will be saved by continuing to walk in the light, 1 John 1:7

LayHong_Loves_Christ said:

"IF" the Christian quits walking in the light.

God never made salvation an unconditional 100% guarantee. But as long as the Christian continues to walk in the light he/she has 100% assurance of salvation....quit walking in the light completely then there is 100% assurance of being lost.

Even I am a stubborn sinner, if God says I am forgiven, he can open the door of heaven for me regardless of whether I believe or not?

Unbelief is a lost state, John 3:18, the unbeliever "shall not see life" but the wrath of God will continue to abide on him, John 3:36.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Do you believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from The Tanakh's prophecies and have trusted in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Then you have Eternal Life (salvation) never to lose it. You are born again, you are now a child of God.

Upvote 0