Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
If all this theology, this interpretation, is the trees in the forest, then this is the forest: Repent and believe.

Hey, that's what Jesus said!

Mark 1:15(NKJV)
15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel

What did Paul say about salvation?

Romans 10:9-10,13(NLT)
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9(NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Christians are saved by grace. The grace of God is the source of salvation; faith is the channel, not the cause.

What is faith? Belief + Trust = Faith

When John 3:16 says, '...whosoever believes in Him will have everlasting life' do you believe it? To have faith, you not only believe it but you also trust God to make it happen. The words of the Bible is God speaking to you. Take Him at His word, place your trust in Him. Believe in Him and trust Him to do what He said He would do, save you. That's faith.

Repent and believe the gospel.

Upvote 0

LivingLoved

Oct 22, 2009
North Carolina
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey RobertZ,

You've been on here a long time seeking out whatever information you can, drawing in all sorts of little details, yet you are getting nowhere. You're on the brink of suicide, and so I need to speak more honestly here.

I told you that I had been through this same thing. A friend told me up-front that I was making salvation too complicated. He used the illustration of a child, who will be humble and helpless before God and just call to Him. You can go into all the Calvinism v. Arminianism, election, choosing, freewill, reprobation, sanctification, rebith, but it all leads up to one simple summit, one simple (deceptively simple) grand total: Repent and believe.

Forget the sinner's prayer. It hasn't worked before, so it won't work the next time you try it. Eliminate the idea of being saved by reciting a prayer (if anyone wants to argue this, I'm open to PM). There is no amount of self-cleansing or reformation that you can do to make yourself right in the sight of God, no vows of holiness, no oaths of abstinence, nothing. You're out of options and at the end of the line now.

I gave you that verse in PM from Romans 10:1-4 because of what it says about the Pharisees, the same as what Jesus said in John 5:39, you search the Scriptures because you think you'll find a silver bullet which will make these troubles disappear, but all Scripture points to Christ. You're taking so much information and trying so hard like the Jews described in Romans 10:1-4 but you're missing the forest of the trees. If all this theology, this interpretation, is the trees in the forest, then this is the forest: Repent and believe.

I don't think you are really convinced that you have committed this sin. I'm not either. If you were, you would not try so hard. Still, you're 1400 posts in here, have started many threads on this issue, you're still seeking, but now you have more information than you know what to do with. This is the point where you need to simplify.

Please don't be offended by my tone, I wish I could make it better without diluting the truth. Bro, I'm telling you that it is so simple. Call to him. Repent. It's that simple, it really is. There's a lot of theology I know, a lot of perspectives, but when it comes down to it, you are commanded to believe on Christ.

Bro, it's time to get off the message board and just go and call to Him. I'm not saying to not come back, I'm saying that it's time to stop deliberating. What you really must do is this: Get in your room alone, close the door, and cry out to God for mercy as if hell were opening its mouth to receive you, and don't stop or leave until you know that He has saved you.

Don't say, "I'm afraid He won't accept me" or "I'm afraid I'm not elected." You don't have another choice. There is no other road that you can take, all others lead to hell. If you won't believe on Christ, you will be lost.

But He will take you.

wonderful advice! I went through the same thing you did, robertZ! DIG DEEP! GO EXTREMELY DEEP! CRY OUT TO HIM! SEEK HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART!! YOU WILL FIND HIM!!

I am praying for you!

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please don't be stressed.

The concept of salvation:
Christian concept: www.livingwaters.com/good/

Yes, it is a gift that can't be earned. The good works that we do is a byproduct of our saving faith. First, pray daily. How? Ask God to forgive you of any sins that you have done that day that are intentional or not. Then worship Him. Next, pray for the salvation of your family and friends. Then for your pastor, church and the community. For our country and government. Other things and needs you didn't mention.

Read the bible daily and possibly get involved with a bible study. Find a church and friends that are inspirational. Get involved in church to some degree-whatever God leads you. Its a daily commitment and lifestyle. The holy spirit will do a continuous work in your life.

Visit: www.TheBibleProofBook.com. And you can read The Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell (its overwhelming circumstantial evidence of bible) and Examine the Evidence by Muncaster a former athiest/The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel a former athiest.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I felt very compelled to respond to this...First of all I want to tell you that you do have alot more of an understanding of the gospel than so many others...You know you are a sinner. We are all sinners, we are all wretched, wretched people and not one of us is good...Not one of us is worthy of heaven, we all deserve to be sent to hell for eternity.....But to make that way for us to enter into eternity with Christ, God sent His son to die a torturous horrible death to take our punishment for what we have done...Because He is a just God, He had to punish those who have sinned against Him, and that is every single person...But because He loved the world, he made a way for that not to have to happen...In order to be saved, we must first put our entire faith and trust in God in every single aspect of our life and repent...We must turn from our evil ways and turn and walk straight to God...We must realize that we are horrible wretched sinners that are doomed in order to truly understand why we even need a Savior...If we put our trust in the One and Only and turn away from our sins we will be saved...If you understand all this but still don't think you are saved...You need to start right now and cry out to God day and night, pray, read your Bible and pray some more until He saves you, until He reveals to you that you are His...You only have 2 choices...you can either cry out to Him until He saves you, or you can give up and go to hell....Trust in Him, turn from your sins and cry out to Him.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I felt very compelled to respond to this...First of all I want to tell you that you do have alot more of an understanding of the gospel than so many others...You know you are a sinner. We are all sinners, we are all wretched, wretched people and not one of us is good...Not one of us is worthy of heaven, we all deserve to be sent to hell for eternity.....But to make that way for us to enter into eternity with Christ, God sent His son to die a torturous horrible death to take our punishment for what we have done...Because He is a just God, He had to punish those who have sinned against Him, and that is every single person...But because He loved the world, he made a way for that not to have to happen...In order to be saved, we must first put our entire faith and trust in God in every single aspect of our life and repent...We must turn from our evil ways and turn and walk straight to God...We must realize that we are horrible wretched sinners that are doomed in order to truly understand why we even need a Savior...If we put our trust in the One and Only and turn away from our sins we will be saved...If you understand all this but still don't think you are saved...You need to start right now and cry out to God day and night, pray, read your Bible and pray some more until He saves you, until He reveals to you that you are His...You only have 2 choices...you can either cry out to Him until He saves you, or you can give up and go to hell....Trust in Him, turn from your sins and cry out to Him.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your right, I have a really good (head knowledge) Understanding of the gospel but unfortunately head knowledge isnt the same thing as knowing Jesus with your heart.

Many times in my youth over and over at church I remember feeling God speaking to my heart, urging me to go forward to the alter and receive him as Lord and Savior. The problem is that I never did what he was telling me to do and each time I resisted it became a little bit easier to do so the next time.

About 10yrs ago I fell under great conviction at a church service, I literally felt that God was telling me that it is now or never, he even showed me in my heart all the times that I walked away from him and if I walked away this time it would be the last time that he ever deals with my heart again. Still in my stubborness and stupidity and fear I didnt go forward, I left that service that night unconverted and I felt God warning my heart all the way out into the parking lot that I had better turn around and go back in and get saved. Sadly enough I didnt heed his call, I went home unconverted yet again.

For the next 10yrs I lived in a willfull lifestyle of unrepentant sin, never being bothered by it. It wasnt until a couple of years ago that I had a huge fear about the rapture happening and I was terrified because I knew I was not ready. I have been trying to find God now for 2yrs straight and I cannot find him! I have begged and cried and pleaded nearly every night as you have suggested and I only get silence in return.

Many people think that they can put off salvation until they are ready but the scriptures clearly point at that this is a lie from the devil.

"Today, if you will hear his voice harden not your heart"

That scripture does not read that if today you will hear his voice ignore him and call out to him at a more convenient time. Im really convinced that the Holy Ghost has left me to myself, im still alive on this earth but its as if the iron gates of Hell have slammed shut on me already.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If there is any turning away, it is you - not God. God doesn't turn anyone away who seeks Him, and it is not His desire that any should perish in their sins. So, forget about the idea that God won't have you. Regardless of how bad you think that you've been, the only unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Let me be blunt and say that if there is any rejecting - it is you doing the rejecting - not Christ. Further, Salvation is not a matter of begging and pleading - rather a simple childlike faith in Jesus Christ, who He is, and what He did on the Cross for you.

Romans 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 4:21-25 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 10:10-13 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Any excuses are from you - not God. God has already provided the way most perfectly, and that way is Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your right, I have a really good (head knowledge) Understanding of the gospel but unfortunately head knowledge isnt the same thing as knowing Jesus with your heart.

Many times in my youth over and over at church I remember feeling God speaking to my heart, urging me to go forward to the alter and receive him as Lord and Savior. The problem is that I never did what he was telling me to do and each time I resisted it became a little bit easier to do so the next time.

About 10yrs ago I fell under great conviction at a church service, I literally felt that God was telling me that it is now or never, he even showed me in my heart all the times that I walked away from him and if I walked away this time it would be the last time that he ever deals with my heart again. Still in my stubborness and stupidity and fear I didnt go forward, I left that service that night unconverted and I felt God warning my heart all the way out into the parking lot that I had better turn around and go back in and get saved. Sadly enough I didnt heed his call, I went home unconverted yet again.

For the next 10yrs I lived in a willfull lifestyle of unrepentant sin, never being bothered by it. It wasnt until a couple of years ago that I had a huge fear about the rapture happening and I was terrified because I knew I was not ready. I have been trying to find God now for 2yrs straight and I cannot find him! I have begged and cried and pleaded nearly every night as you have suggested and I only get silence in return.

Many people think that they can put off salvation until they are ready but the scriptures clearly point at that this is a lie from the devil.

That scripture does not read that if today you will hear his voice ignore him and call out to him at a more convenient time. Im really convinced that the Holy Ghost has left me to myself, im still alive on this earth but its as if the iron gates of Hell have slammed shut on me already.

Let me first tell you, that if your heart was hardened, you would not feel so strongly and seek so diligently for God...You would not care...This verse you are talking about in Hebrews is speaking of the Israelites as Moses led them out of Egypt and they wandered the desert for 40 years...They had no faith...They hardened their hearts out of disobedience and rebellion...They had no faith in God...So God said, they will not enter my rest...Our rest today is Jesus Christ...He is our rest for He took our burden and punishment and in Him alone we find rest....

Let me also tell you about John Wesley...For years John Wesley was burdened, he spent years preaching and converting as many as he could..But one day on a voyage home from America, he recorded in his journal, "I went to America to convert the Indians, but, O! who shall convert me?" John Wesley spent years preaching but was not even saved himself...It wasn't until he attended a meeting of a small religious society in London that he experienced a conversion while listening to a reading of Martin Luther's preface to Romans. Martin Luthers preface to Romans explains in detail of what Paul was trying to explain..for it says:

"Faith alone makes someone just and fulfills the law; faith it is that brings the Holy Spirit through the merits of Christ. The Spirit, in turn, renders the heart glad and free, as the law demands. Then good works proceed from faith itself. That is what Paul means in chapter 3 when, after he has thrown out the works of the law, he sounds as though he wants to abolish the law by faith. No! He says, we uphold the law through faith; we fulfill it through faith"

What you are lacking is faith...you are not believing in the promises of God. That we will find rest in Him once we put our entire faith in Him and believe His promises. We cannot repent ourselves before putting our entire faith in Jesus Christ...Martin Luther is saying that once we have faith and turn to Christ, it is then we willingly uphold God's law..We willingly repent. John Wesley was converted from this because he realized that he was trying to come to Christ by works..he was putting to much faith in himself rather than God....Repentance is a gift, we cannot do it ourselves...We must rely and trust the One who will give us that gift of repentance and complete it in us...If you truly trust God, you will willingly repent..

Thomas Watson explains the stages of genuine repentance 1) Recognition of Sin, 2) Sorrow for sin, 3) Shame of sin, 4) Confession for sin, 5) Forsaking of sin, 6) Hatred of sin.....Once we realize we have sinned against a Holy, just God we will feel such sorrow and shame and then we will confess our sins to God, and want to put our entire faith in Him, we will turn to Him and believe His promises, we will then hate our sin and follow through with continuing to repent daily.

We cannot put our trust in our feelings rather than God. His promises are true, despite our feelings. If I make a promise to my husband, that promise is true whether he is feeling happy or sad. If he doubts my word, then he brings a slur to my integrity. Anyone who genuinely repents and trusts in Christ will be saved. The Bible makes this promise: "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him" [John 14:21]. There’s the promise, and there’s the condition. Any person who loves and obeys Jesus will begin a supernatural relationship with Him and the Father. He said, "And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" (John 17:3).

When you put your faith in Him, God will make you a new person from within. He will send His Spirit to live within you. You will have a new heart with new desires. You will suddenly become conscious of God and His creation. The Bible will open up to you and become a living Word, and you will have an inner witness that you are saved, that your name is written in heaven, and that death has lost its sting (1 John 5:10–12).

Upvote 0

Ost

John 3:5 - Mark 1:8 - 1 John 5:6
May 28, 2010
Arizona
✟7,942.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well I will be chewed out for my beliefs (as usual) but here it goes. Robert,

The gospel I believe is that he was conceived by the Holy Spirit. The water baptism Christ received from John the Baptist put the worlds sin onto him (of all time). He carried these sins into the wilderness. That he was crucified as judgment for all the sin of the world (of all time) paying the wages of sin. That he was resurrected the 3rd day and 40 some days after his resurrection he sent his Holy Spirit on the people of Jew and gentile who have repented and believed the gospel.

I repented (once) knowing that it is impossible for me to not sin. That I have done every sin, murder, theft, adultery, idolatry, blasphemy, evil eye, lie, etc. With my heart and with my actions. That I cannot possibly be freed from sin from any way other than to believe what Christ has done for me. That it is not by my will, but his. If he sends me to hell I go to hell, if he saves me then he saves me. I know he is merciful and I believe his gospel has taken my sin away and was judged already. There is no good in me nor is there an ability to do good, for there is only one good and that is God.

Remember! He did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. No one who thinks that they are even a little good.

Then I was freed from sin forever, sinless, heart circumcised and had the spirit testify to me when I repented and believed his gospel within the hour. It's pretty simple actually. I can get into all the details exactly if you wish to message me whenever. Peace and love to everyone who takes initiative and takes a look into this. (Never heard it before right?) :)

Few references:
Hebrews 10:1-4 (yearly sin is a shadow of Christ)
Leviticus 1:2-5 (basics of a sacrifice)
Leviticus 16:20-22 (yearly sin, refer to Hebrews 10:1-4)
John 3:5 (must be born again of both of these by faith)
Mark 1:8 (example of John 3:5)
1 john 5:6 (3 things that constitute the gospel)
Mark 1:3 (wilderness man, John the Baptist, preparing the way)
Malachi 4:4-5 (Prophecy of John the Baptist)
Mark 7:20-23 (what comes from within makes someone unclean with sin)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JSGuitarist

Παρα σοι ιλασμος εστιν
Mar 7, 2008
✟9,364.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hello again Rob,

I'm looking over your story and I became curious about something, something that never struck me before. You state that for ten years you never cared about the things of God and lived in sin willfully, no check in your conscience and not even thinking about it, but when threatenings of the rapture started happening that you became fearfully concerned about your salvation.

I'm wondering, how is it that all this time that you were able to live in unrepentant sin without any conscience, but when you see the noose hanging in front of you that you suddenly become repentant? How is it that it is only now important to you?

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts 2:38 (Amplified Bible)

38) And Peter answered them, Repent (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of and release from your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

To be baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ" means to invoke His name over you during the time of your water baptism.

The Bible does not teach that baptism is a symbolic act--people teach that.

Blessings,

Alan

Upvote 0

SuzanneM52

Jun 17, 2010
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Robert! :wave:Your emotional state right now was exactly what caused me to leave God for nearly 25 years!!! I was "saved" and attended a full gospel pentecostal church for maybe 5 years or so. I remember people would sob and some would jump up and down and dance in the Spirit...I never once sobbed nor did I feel the urge to jump up and down! The pastor and the head deaconess basically told me I wasnt spirit-filled and probably one of the goats instead of one of the sheep. So I quit going.So began my own questioning of whether or not I WAS actually saved and what was wrong with ME that I didnt feel the Holy Spirit reining down on me ? Well to make a long story short, I fell back into sin in a major way. MAJOR way!!!! Anyhow, to get to my point----I had one of those epiphany moments....I have never been one to cry during sad movies. There it was! I am just not an emotional person! No wonder I dont cry during church like others did! You are not like others either Robert! When you see Christians out there who are just SMILING away and praising God.....I would bet that for most, the biggest sin they ever committed was stealing cookies out of the cookie jar before dinner. Sometimes I think, the deeper into worldy sins we get, the worse we feel inside about what we have done, and the more satan works on us, because he wants to keep us to himself! As was mentioned earlier, the enemy LOVES to condemn us.....and sounds like he is having the time of his life with you right now. You're too good a person to listen to him any more! Praying the sinners prayer along with someone, is in my humble opinion, just repeating someone else's words. Forget all the "thee's and thou's" and talk to God from your heart. Talk to Him for as long as you want to....and with whatever words you want to use. Jesus wants to be a PERSONAL savior...then dont expect fireworks, or a choir of angels to sing before you. It mentions in the Bible about knocking and the door will open....well, if Jesus came in the flesh and knocked on your door, you would let Him in and offer him something cold to drink right? You wouldnt doubt one tiny bit that He was right there!!! in YOUR HOUSE!!!! His Spirit is knocking on your door and tho we cant see with our eyes, we have to trust with our spirit. Maybe you're like me...you arent led by your emotions. Do you use LIMEWIRE by any chance? Download some stuff by THIRD DAY.....listen to "Show Me Your Glory" "Just to be with you" or maybe you will find some other tunes by them that you really connect with. Listen to them when the enemy starts to mess with your mind. Read scripture...doesnt matter if you believe what you read at first.....the more often you read, the more things will begin to sink into your heart where now they are in your head. You're gonna be ALRIGHT kid!!!!!!Oh by the way....I only came back to God three weeks ago. I hadnt read the Bible all those years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey RobertZ, can you just pray to God and pour out your heart how much you need to feel His love (even if you get no response), then open the Bible randomly and read until you discover His true nature? You may need to skim until something jumps out and says "here's the answer you're looking for". I find I am usually able to find reassurance of God's love from every place I turn to in The Bible and this technique helps me in times of testing.

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I have been in this dilemma most of my pathetic 37yrs on this earth. I grew up around the gospel and have been exposed to it all my life yet somehow I have either missed my opportunity for salvation or I simply do not understand how to be saved or im not one of Gods elect and I cant be saved even if I wanted to be saved.

I have said the sinners prayer a gazzillion times and now Im finding out that this isnt even biblical as there is no such thing as anyone in the Bible asking Jesus into their hearts for salvation.

I have lived a life of deep deep sin despite my exposure to the gospel so as you can imagine I feel pretty much condemned. I have sinned willfully after knowing better so I often wonder if I committed the unpardonable sin as the unpardonable sin can be committed by a person who keeps on sinning willfully when they know better because eventually you get to the point to where God tells his spirit to leave you alone after which time you are given up by God and you are damned.

I really dont know what has happened to me, I really dont. People keep telling me that there is nothing that I can do to earn Gods grace but then they come right back around and tell me that I must do this or do that to be saved! so which is it?! do I just believe and thats it or is there more to it then that?! How has something that is supposed to be so simple so complicated at the same time?

Im getting fed up with this, Im really ready to throw in the towel and call it quits. The depression is overwhelming me to the point of considering suicide. I see all these happy Christians all around me who know they are going to heaven and I get so jealous because its as if God loves them more than me and made sure to save those people while making sure I could never be saved. Im sorry, I know some of this sounds horrible but its the way that I feel. If I was created to end up burning in hell for eternity then I really wish God had never bothered creating me but then in Romans it says that God hardens whom he will harden and haves mercy on whom he will have mercy so I guess I have no say so about any of this. Some vessels are vessels of wrath fitted for destruction to bring glory to Gods elect and im guessing its pretty obvious that im a vessel fitted for destruction.

I became hooked on inappropriate content at the young age of 12 after stumbling upon a playboy magazine on a roadside ditch and to this day I still want to look at it even though I have put it away and dont look at it anymore but just because I have put my sin away means nothing, that is called self reformation and nothing more and it will lead only to death.

There is still hope. Have no fear, but first you need to make changes to your life and this can only be done by you, with will power and Praying to God for wisdom and strength. I have seen a lot worse come to the Lord and a lot worse who fall go back to the Lord. What matters in the end is that you accept the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Savior. To believe you must have a reason to believe and you must understand who God is. Now, if you have read the gospel you will want to go through the Bible from Genesis to start and read through the Bible to learn who God is But if you know who God is, then you need to understand God. This is only done through reading the Bible. The process goes like this, we get to know God, accept God, Trust God and Love God and all the while we live a Christian life. This means breaking your old bad habits. Sin is like a drug, its a hard habit to break for some and to others its as easy as just walking away from it. Use Jesus as your mentor and Teacher through the Word of the Bible. You have experienced the worst and now learn from the Best and that is from Jesus how to be a Christian and how to live a Christian life. There is no secret chant or Prayer, just just believe in Jesus and God the Father and ask for Forgiveness. God is your Father and will welcome you back with open arms and if you are just first beginning to understand God while you learn about God and know God and accept God, thus in the end you Love God, then you will have that chance to share a new life with God in that you change your life to be a True Christian life. Not just for you, but for God also so you can be seen as His child by living a Christian life. It is all about choices in life, you choose whom you will follow, how you will live and those choices will determine your outcome in the end. Ask for Forgiveness just by being sincere with Jesus and feel remorse for your sins. Once you do that, you have a clean slate. Fresh, clean and clear like water from a spring. From that moment on, what you do is your choice, will you live a True Christian life or will you give into sin again? Become a soldier of God, a warrior of the Word and put a mission before you to serve God. Every Christian has a spiritual battle within, good verses evil, but it is the will power to do good to defeat evil that wins the day. Just as God is at war with satan for our souls, as satan tempts us and hates us and tries to destroy us, God is fighting for us to come to Jesus to be saved and find strength to defeat satans temptations. Just even changing the channel on the TV, going out and getting some exercise, doing active things that are healthy for us and reading the bible, Praying, going to Church and finding real True Christian friends who will not mislead us or lead us into temptation are all things that make us stronger in Christ Jesus. Commitment, Loyalty, and Honor are some of the things we find that inspire us to do what is right and keep the righteous path towards Jesus. Most of all, finding it within ourselves to hate all evil and defeat all temptations so we can live a True Christian life. It takes baby steps, one thing at a time, start by getting to know who God really is. Learn to accept and Trust God and Son Jesus. All the while starting to live a True Christian life. If you lust often, then find a wife as soon as possible to get rid of that sin of lust. Try to choose one that will not lead you away from God, but bring you closer to God and a good Christian woman with a good head on her shoulders can help a ton. The choice is yours. The future is yours to choose from. I hope this helps. God Bless and never give up the good fight for God. Sorry for any typos, its very late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A man is guilty of a crime and sentenced to the electric chair.
An innocent man who loves him makes an agreement with the judge and will take the criminal's place in the chair. The guilty man goes free, the innocent man is put to death, and the debt is paid.

The criminal is you and me.
The penalty and judgment is death.
The innocent one is Jesus.
The judge is our Father God.

One thing though... the criminal has the choice to accept this gift or not.
No matter what the criminal chooses, the innocent one is going to take his place in the chair.
If he accepts this gift, he can walk out of there a free man with a clean slate.

Believing the Gospel is true, you should want to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Is your heart convicted and do you have a longing to know Him? Then tell him so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invisus

Jun 26, 2010
Oslo
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prey to god and just talk. People seem to change their personality when they talk to god as if he doesn't know how we are already. Just talk, about what's on your mind, what's bothering you. Remember none of us are pure, none of us are perfect nor are we normal, normal is in itself a lie.

The way to salvation is not knowing or being able to quote scripture on the spot, but to believe in god as your lord and savior, that the holy spirit is within you and that jesus lives and died for our sins.

If there is anything at all just send me a message, i can only assume the same for every christian here. We will all help when asked for.

And neither i will ever turn down my offer :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedbyGod12

Apr 12, 2010
✟188.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Also I have tried reading my Bible, reading the Gospels and I get nothing out of it. No closeness to God no nothing, I just sense his anger burning down on me as I try to get close to him, its as if he is saying I have rejected you because you rejected me. It seems like the closer I try to get to God the angrier he becomes with me. I give up, I just give up and will stop trying. I dont even know why im typing this, just venting I guess.

I have a younger brother who is saved, God called him to himself and saved his soul a few years ago while I have done nothing but care about worldly things and lusted after women, it reminds me of an Esau scenario where God said Jacob I have loved and Esau I have hated. I wish at times God would just go ahead and take my soul, at least then I would not have to worry about going to hell I would just go ahead and get it over with and be there.

Try hanging around people who help you correct some of the errors of your ways

at least this will help you have a more peaceful life.

Upvote 0