Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's been said before that if a person has a million dollar idea but no skills in that area to execute it themselves then that business is worth a measly $1. Do you agree? How can someone go from a good idea to making a lot of money from it when most of the work has to be outsourced to other people to build/maintain business?

Reactions: ilovejcsog

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's been said before that if a person has a million dollar idea but no skills in that area to execute it themselves then that business is worth a measly $1. Do you agree? How can someone go from a good idea to making a lot of money from it when most of the work has to be outsourced to other people to build/maintain business?
Good question. I have been asking myself the same thing as I have an idea I would like to sale. I hope you get an answer here:)

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

People who build better mousetraps are hardly ever in the position to build a better mousetrap. They have an idea for a better mousetrap and then take it to a mousetrap manufacturer to see if they are interested in the idea. If the manufacturer is interested, they will either steal the idea and claim it was theirs to begin with, or they will make an offer to either outright buy the design, or offer royalties if they are allowed to manufacture. it.

• Haha
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Everyone has ideas. They have no value.

Your idea needs to be developed in some way to have any value.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Either I have missed the op's point or everybody else has. Maybe it is easy for you all but how to get started with an idea you have. My idea is going to take a company that has programmers that can write a program to get all the information together for others to access. Its easy to say idea needs to be developed. We know that but how is the question and who and where, etc.? peat and repeat is all I am seeing here.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First, figure out how to make money that you will use to fund realizing the idea.

New ideas have a tendency to be ridiculed and doubted so it may not be a good idea to depend on it to sustain the development.

You'll need other good ideas to sustain it. Other good ideas in terms of finance and making money. This is the long but sure (more realistic) path to realizing great ideas.

In terms of inventions that can be patented. A lot of things can be patented. But for patenting complex ones, again, you'll need money for that and especially time.

No shortcuts to doing things "right". As painful as it sounds, this is how our world works. It's actually slowing our technological progress and everything. We should be at the stars by now if it wasn't for people's greed and unreasonable fear of thinking out-of-the-box like they're going to hell if they did.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its easy to say idea needs to be developed. We know that but how is the question and who and where, etc.?

This all depends on what your idea is and what it needs for development.

If your idea needs a programmer to write a program you will need to find one who is willing to work with you. But you can be sure all programmers have a bunch of their own ideas so they wont' want to work with your idea unless you pay them a lot of money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Good question. I have been asking myself the same thing as I have an idea I would like to sale. I hope you get an answer here:)
For me I don't want to fund it or put it together, I want to sell it and let someone else do all the purring together. So the question is where do you start when you have an idea to SELL. there should be a company that just buys ideas!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Find a good patent lawyer and have him/her research your idea. Then patent your idea or product. I did that with my in-vehicle dog restraint device. Many people don't realize their dogs can be hurt or killed in a simple fender-bender by being thrown during the collision.

Wishing you well,
Emmy

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This all depends on what your idea is and what it needs for development.

If your idea needs a programmer to write a program you will need to find one who is willing to work with you. But you can be sure all programmers have a bunch of their own ideas so they wont' want to work you your idea unless you pay them a lot of money.

Or learn programming by yourself :) There are lots of useful guides out there, even free online books. With enough dedication, you can actually learn a programming language in as little as one month!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Find a good patent lawyer and have him/her research your idea. Then patent your idea or product. I did that with my in-vehicle dog restraint device. Many people don't realize their dogs can be hurt or killed in a simple fender-bender by being thrown during the collision.

Wishing you well,
Emmy

That's ingenious! At one time, my dog got hurt a bit in the car. Wasn't even an accident, I simply braked hard. I'm curious how the design looks like!

Anyway, how much it cost you in total to have it patented, including lawyer and engineer cost? Of course, if you're an engineer, that would save you the need to hire an engineer to draft the concept and save money in filing the patent.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wishing you well,
Emmy
Hmm. That might work for a physical invention. But my idea is a mix between an e-commerce and brick & mortar. I don't know if that would work. Look at all the spin off sites that came after the original ones launched.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
don't know how one would sell an idea w/o product

even on shark tank, one needs so much in sales to interest the sharks
although, the sharks have bitten on some fairly new companies

there's kickstarter to raise funds for a new business

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
curious was it expensive for your safety testing?

Oh no, it was free. Hubby is a cop so we went to the highway patrol, they tested it, and signed off on it. Then I went to the service dogs website (it differs what state you are in) but see it's still under testing. So it's being tested under my idea, and I hope this works under testing. I just pray no dog will get hurt under this testing.

We'll see.

All good things
Emmy

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You need to create a minimum viable product. This is frequently termed a baby seed project. It isn’t the product. You’re selling an idea to gauge demand and determine if it’s worth creating.

For the digital space you’d build an email list. 1,000 subscribers or more is ideal. You’d pitch the pre-sale to your audience and offer a special price.

Ideally, the item is $97 or more. Keep the cart (limited deal) open for a week. Most sales happen during the beginning and the end.

You need to gauge the success of your campaign. The ideal conversion rate is dependent on your niche. But it should be substantial enough to confirm your audience agrees. If your nibbles are few refund the money and go back to the drawing board.

It’s pointless to develop products no one is interested in. Pitching the idea saves time and bruised feelings.

~Bella

Upvote 0