• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jun 12, 2018
Australia
✟15,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to reveal to my Mum today that I have a horrible habit because I need someone else's help. I know she won't react badly, I'm glad she's so close and understands some of my problems. But I always find it hard to speak. I started yesterday, and then found it so hard she suggested we continue it the next day. I don't know how to word it. I need advice.
Are there any other teens who experienced this? Could anyone help me?
Please pray, I'm terribly nervous.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As a guy, most of us struggle with lust. Try to stay away from things that might trigger it. Stay in prayer, read the Bible, and go to church. Try to date also. God bless. To protect yourself, don't share too much detail with others about this.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
As a mother, and someone who has grown up around guys and even married one (hopefully), she's going to understand more than you might think.

Still, this is probably a duty for your pastor to discuss with you at this point. Your mother's job in this regard was to explain to you what puberty is and what changes to expect- your pastor's duty is to help you navigate the sinfulness that accompanies this period of life. As someone who was once a young man himself, he could have some profound insight for you.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Emily Foster

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟22,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s nice to hear that you have a great relationship with your mum. It might be helpful to tell her that you’d like to openly share with her about some struggles you are facing and need her advice. I’ll be praying that God will surround you both with His love, give you guidance and provide help as you trust in Him.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Australia
✟15,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone for you're support, I only just joined and I'm loving this website already :) Wow, never expected this many moments in so short a time!

Well, firstly, I probably should have mentioned before that I was female, oops, my mistake :|

If there were many good priests around here, I would probably go. But they either find me difficult to understand (they're not native speakers, they're immigrants) or are a little snobbish, there's a lot of fake gossip going between everyone about my family. There are some at our main Cathedral that I could go to, but they're very busy and I don't know what they're like. I have a friend who's a priest, but he has been transferred to a far side of town, making the trip long and difficult.
Btw, I haven't any learners permit and can't get a licence till I'm eighteen, and taking trips (even to church) is done as one family and I'd find it very hard to arrange a time that complies with both family and Father's busy schedule.

No, you don't understand my Mother, I wouldn't confide in her if she wasn't the most trustworthy person. She can give me personal advice because she knows my character better than anyone and can help me daily.

Are there any girls out there who have struggled too?

Thank you for the prayers! I've worked myself up and will be talking to her soon.

Thx everyone!
-Anonymous (girl :p)

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2018
Australia
✟15,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey, everyone! I wanted to tell you that I spoke with her! She took it all in so calmly and sweetly it made me almost cry! We'll be figuring things out together which will make things less tough on my own; it feels so much better to confide in someone.
She'll be helping me by bringing the family more often to adoration and prayers, and by going more often to the Cathedral to go to confession. It just feels good for her to be there every time I get into hot water.

But your advice really helped! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement! I think the journey will be much easier now!

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I had that problem. My desire for women just vanished from me one day three years ago and I'll never have a girlfriend or wife. I wanted a cute French girl but that'll never happen now.

It's good to see that you're close to you family. I'm not close to my family and have had to keep my issues bottled up for years which has made me depressed.
My parents thought they were being "christian" when i was growing up by tutting at gays on TV and condemning parties, sex, women etc. It has made me become social weirdo as I would have felt shame and embarrassment letting them down.

I would just tell your mum your issues and she will understand. <staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread was moved from Serious Issues to Struggles With Sexuality.
Some posts were removed or edited to comply with the Statement of Purpose and Recovery Guidelines. If you have not posted in this forum before, please read these before posting.

Thanks for your continued support of members.

Upvote 0