Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if you're not familiar with the YouTube channel DUST, then it's a brand that features short films in the sci-fi variety.

What I'm curious to find out is how they operate at the speed they do? They release new films very fast.
What incentive do the filmmakers have to produce these movies if the channel is free to anyone who wants to view them? I would think ad revenue would only go so far. How are these people being funded to make the shorts in the first place? Someone, please fill me on these answers because I'm at a loss here on how they do it.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dust has 1.74 million subscribers. They may receive a larger RPM (revenue per million impressions) than the standard Google Adsense rate. More than likely they pay a specific amount to the contributor based on the views their video receives.

Take the same concept and apply it to a blog. AdSense pays less than higher tier providers. If you have a lot of traffic this can add up pretty quickly. The networks bid to display content on your site. That’s the RPM rate. Some topics pay more than others.

They pay according to traffic or sessions. The stats are found in Google analytics. So let’s assume you had a good month with 3.5M sessions thanks to Covid and your RPM was $25. You’d have a $90,000 payout just from ads alone. That’s for a one month period.

Much like the advertiser, the contributor is leveraging the channel’s reach. It provides greater exposure. And they can embed the videos on their site (unless the terms say otherwise) and earn a profit on that end too.

That’s the easiest way to begin. If you run ads you’ll increase your traffic much faster.

~Bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0