Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While posting in another thread, one poster posted that if we do not have the Holy Spirit we are not saved. I found that odd as the Holy Spirit only enters those who are saved.
So it lead me to ask this question: How did you recieve the Holy Spirit? I mean what was the cause or what lead Him to enter you?
My Church does this during baptism. How does your Church assure He fills you?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I got it after I believed in the Gospel. Jesus is Lord, he died for my sins, was buried, and rose on the third day.

You need to believe in the Death, Burial, and Resseruction too. Very important. Believe in God, and the Bible as the word of God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

After I believed I got baptized in a pool.

You must be born again

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got it after I believed in the Gospel. Jesus is Lord, he died for my sins, was buried, and rose on the third day.

You need to believe in the Death, Burial, and Resseruction too. Very important. Believe in God, and the Bible as the word of God. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

After I believed I got baptized in a pool.

You must be born again
The Bible is the Word? I thought Christ wss the Word.

• Winner
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can see I wasn't specific enough. What I am asking is what caused the Holy Spirit to enter you (prayer, laying on of hands, or it just happened).

When you believe that Jesus is Lord, and believe that he died for your sins, was buried, and rose on the third day you will be saved. You must trust his finished work on the cross that what he did for you is sufficient for your salvation.

You must believe in the Death, Burial, and Ressercution. All 3

You can let Jesus pay the penalty for your sins by doing this. Its a gift from God.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So did it just happen or was this prayed for?
It just happened. When my mentor Dr. Adrian Hickmon baptized me, I didn't even know the significance of the blessed Holy Spirit. He baptized me in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in December 1992, and I received the blessed Holy Spirit (I believe the very next day). I called my then Pastor Rev. Richard Gilbert, and he confirmed the same. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just happened. When my mentor Dr. Adrian Hickmon baptized me, I didn't even know the significance of the blessed Holy Spirit. He baptized me in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in December 1992, and I received the blessed Holy Spirit (I believe the very next day). I called my then Pastor Rev. Richard Gilbert, and he confirmed the same. Peace in Christ :).
I asked because the Bible does not show it this way. Except for the original 120 others were prayed for with the laying on of hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I asked because the Bible does not show it this way. Except for the original 120 others were prayed for with the laying on of hands.
No problem. But, that's how I received the Holy Spirit and was later baptized in Him. I believe that the Lord Jesus also received the Spirit (as a dove) right after full immersion baptism by John the Baptist (Luke 3:21-22). Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you believe that Jesus is Lord, and believe that he died for your sins, was buried, and rose on the third day you will be saved. You must trust his finished work on the cross that what he did for you is sufficient for your salvation.

You must believe in the Death, Burial, and Ressercution. All 3

You can let Jesus pay the penalty for your sins by doing this. Its a gift from God.
You are speaking of salvation. I am asking about how and when the Holy Spirit indwelled you.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would pray then Read (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) believe that and what Jesus did for you. Have faith and trust in Jesus.

And if you need more encouragement flip to the book of life in revelation, because it shows the importance of having your name written in that book.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟250,347.00
Faith
Christian
It just happens, the moment one believes in the gospel .

Romans 8: 9. "And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ."

Gal 3:2 "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?"

Eph 1:13 "In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would pray then Read (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) believe that and what Jesus did for you. Have faith and trust in Jesus.

And if you need more encouragement flip to the book of life in revelation, because it shows the importance of having your name written in that book.
So when did the Holy Spirit enter you?

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just happens, the moment one believes in the gospel .

Romans 8: 9. "And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ."

Gal 3:2 "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?"

Eph 1:13 "In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit"
So you equate the Spirit of Christ with the Holy Ghost?

Upvote 0