How did you first come to hear God?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are talking about simple leading of God, I suppose it was in my childhood in a thousand little nudges and proddings. I recall stealing something from a neighborhood kid. I might have been 8 or so. I felt a very distinct conviction. I did not really know what it was.
I was at the baptism of my older brother. Again, I was young. But I felt a presence so strong that I actually started crying.
After I was saved, the first time He personally spoke to me was when I received the Holy Spirit and I immediately prophesied. The Spirit spoke and said, "I have loved you with a great love."

Reactions: Angela G
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you first come to hear God's voice? See or hear Him speak to you? Including vocal gifts? God's messages of love, strategy, healing, freedom...?

I am having difficulty. I suffer from OCD.
Possibly, while I was in Sunday School a nun told us that Jesus loves us and died for us, if I remember right. And, with this, inside myself I felt being effected. The effect was the voice of God, the nun said the words.

We need to be submissive to God in His peace. His peace might be the tone of His voice that He wants to have communicating with us, effecting us to be peaceful and attentive and submissive to Him. And therefore do not trust any nasty negative confusing stuff or worry and unforgiveness which is not the voice of God and not the tone of His love's voice.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:!5)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

The tone of Jesus' voice tunes us to His rest in our soul.

But, of course, there can be correction > Hebrews 12:4-14 > with rebuking; and this is not enjoyable, but can change us so we are sweet and gentle with Jesus in His love, and then this love has us being kind and caring with any person, and creative in how to love each one. So, the voice of His love tunes us for this.

This is why at the beginning of certain Bible messages, we see something like > "Grace and peace be to you" > this is so we have God's effect of His love in us giving us His deeper-than-words meaning of the message we are reading or hearing of God's word.

So, in my case, I may stop and simply be quiet and trust God to make me His way . . . however He knows His word means. And then submit in His peace for however He pleases to guide me and have me loving each and every person.

Upvote 0