How did we get our moon?

According to planetary evolution, in your opinion, how did we get our moon?

• The Fission Theory

• The Capture Theory

• The Condensation Theory

• The Colliding Planetesimals Theory

• The Ejected Ring Theory

• The Two Moon Theory

• Don't Know & Don't Care

• Don't Know & Do Care

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They are not the same as Earthly oysters. A cosmic oyster could never give birth to an Earthly oyster nor could an Earthly oyster give birth to a cosmic oyster. If it did happen, then evolution would be debunked, so any evidence that it ever did happen has been hidden away by evolutionists.

Obviously.
It's spelled 'evilutionists.'

Obviously.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Except we don't' call ourselves evolutionists.
From dictionary.com:
Evolutionist: a person who believes in or supports a theory of evolution, especially in biology.
Do you call others 'evolutionists'?

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From
Evolutionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the overwhelming majority of scientists accept evolution,[7] the term is seldom used in the scientific community; to say someone is a scientist implies acceptance of evolutionary views.[8] In the creation-evolution controversy, creationists often call those who accept the validity of the modern evolutionary synthesis "evolutionists" and the theory itself as "evolutionism." Some creationists and creationist organizations, such as the Institute of Creation Research, use these terms in an effort to make it appear that evolutionary biology is a form of secular religion.[9][10]
And the context of this board is...?

Oh. Right. Creationists and creationist organizations.

Metherion

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm -- it appears I'm in error about this.

I was under the impression evolutionists called themselves evolutionists -- I guess not.

It's all so confusing.
I prefer the much more common species, Ebilutionists internetii.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

The only Biological evolution that Gen 1 talks about is the appearance of Plant Life before Animal Life.

The final statement concerning the appearance of man, Gen 1:26, is followed in Gen 5:2 which clearly informs us that Adam is a species:

"THEM," "THEY," "THEIR" name was "Adam."

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR name "Adam," (a species), in the day when THEY were created.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

It's the confusion caused by the childishness of creationism.

Childishness?

I believe its a matter of poor reading comprehension, compounded then by erroneous conclusions that follow, and a stubborn support of the church teaching of the previous generation, right or wrong.

The 24 hour day was not the same as the seven days of creation, because the sun had not be made authority over a Solar Clock until Gen 1:14:

Gen. 1:14 And God, (Reality), said, Let there be (Sidereal Time), lights in the firmament of the heaven, (for the reason) to divide the (12 hour) day from the (12 hour) night; and let them be for (the purpose of) signs, (astronomical, symbolic references), and for (the purpose to designate) times, (the four seasons), and for (the 24 hour period to be called) days, (the "day" of 24 hours as distinguished from the ”days” of long Eras), and years (of 365 day):

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Huram Abi

Hmmm -- it appears I'm in error about this.

I was under the impression evolutionists called themselves evolutionists -- I guess not.

It's all so confusing.

What is your defintion for an "evolutionist"?

One who studies evolution? Or one who considers the theory of evolution to be true?

Many people understand scientific concepts, yet they are not scientists. Just as many have studied geology in school and have even confirmed some assumptions about mineral composite in a lab, for example, but they are not geologists. We would not refer to them as such.

As for the scientists who study evolution, there are many disciplines that lend themselves to the study, whether it be molecular biologists or archeo-paleologists.

The sweeping label doesn't cut it, just like the sweeping claim "science says" or even "the bible says" doesn't cut it. We need to hear "according to the primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall" or "according to the Apostle Paul...."

It's confusing because the form of generalization we have been using is meant to be confusing, so that the appeal to authority can be stretched to include subjects not in the authority's expertise.

In short, there are no "evolutionists," just people from a wide range of backgrounds who either accept the theory of evolution or who don't.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The only Biological evolution that Gen 1 talks about is the appearance of Plant Life before Animal Life.
That's not evolution. That's a fable.

The final statement concerning the appearance of man, Gen 1:26, is followed in Gen 5:2 which clearly informs us that Adam is a species:
"Adam" means "man". Perhaps the holy translators lost their connection to God when they were doing their work. "Can you hear me now?" "Can you hear me now?"

"THEM," "THEY," "THEIR" name was "Adam."

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR name "Adam," (a species), in the day when THEY were created.
Whatever. It ain't a science book.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is your defintion for an "evolutionist"?
In short, there are no "evolutionists," just people from a wide range of backgrounds who either accept the theory of evolution or who don't.
This actually is news to me.

I've never heard a person say that before.

Intriguing, to say the least.

Of course, some atheists don't really like being called "atheist", either.

What is a 'theistic evolutionist', in your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
J

Jazer

Feel free to leave a comment as well.
The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. So we can get very accurate data on the path the moon is taking as the moon is recending from the Earth. There are different theorys but one is more popular and supports more of the known data.

"The most popular theory is the collision theory, also know as the giant impact theory, which says that when the Earth had cooled down and got a solid crust a Mars-sized protoplanetary object hit it and once again melted the crust again. The matter from the crust that was thrown into space gathered together and gradually formed the moon. This would explain why the earth's crust and the moon has the same density and same materials. Another strength in this model is that it explains the lack of water and lightweight volatile compounds on the moon: The impact generated so much heat that the volatiles evaporated and escaped into space.
The object which is thought to have collided with the moon is believed to have originated close to the Earth, because of the low speed of the impact. Perhaps it came from one of Earth's five Lagrange points (points which hold some gravitationally stable orbits).
Giant impacts were not uncommon during the late stages of the terrestrial planets' formation. After this event, when the surface began to cool down, billions of years of bombardment by meteors, asteroids and comets followed, leaving craters as scars on the lunar surface. This bombardment is common to many objects in the solar system."

Earth and The Moon - Space Art and Astronomical Illustrations

Upvote 0