How Did The Sabbath Day Change From The 7th Day To 1st Day Of The Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Every Sunday millions upon millions of people all over the world attend church services. To most it's an automatic occurrence and they have never given their actions a second thought. It probably would seem blasphemous for these people to change their day of worship. After all, this is the way of the world and has been so for some time. Nevertheless, the bible say that Satan have deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9).

Many people fail to realize that Sunday is the first day of the week. This ignorance is due to the fact that Monday is the first work/school day in most countries. However, Sunday is actually the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh day. Any calendar, dictionary or encyclopedia will prove this fact.

Some will argue that it's impossible to know which day is which. They believe the days have changed over time. However, the bible speaks of a seven day week and we still live according to this rule today. This is no accident. Past nations have even tried to shorten and lengthen God's weekly institution, but of course they failed. Man has also come up with names (after pagan gods) for the days, but it is no coincidence that each day is still known by it's perspective number (1-7). God has not allowed the days of the week to be altered over the centuries. Even during the sixteenth century when the world adopted our present calendar, the Gregorian, the days of the week did not change.

Others will say that it really doesn't matter what day you attend church. "You should worship God everyday" or "everyday is the sabbath day," they will zealously proclaim. Well, why has the world set aside Sunday as it's day of worship (there is a reason, which we will discuss later) instead of any and every day? Sure you should do good and think about God everyday, but everyday cannot be the sabbath day. God in his wisdom knew that man would be consumed with his daily activities. Therefore, he set one day aside for man to come together and worship him. The sabbath begins at sundown Friday and last until sundown Saturday. (Each day starts in the evening, instead of at midnight, "and the evening and morning were the fifth day" Genesis 1:23). The entire bible stresses that it is of utmost importance that we observe (attend church) the Lord's sabbath, the seventh (7th) day. It really does matter.

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Man realizes the importance of setting one day aside to worship God. Nevertheless, he has tried to change God's set time and law of Sabbath worship. "And he shall speak great words against the most High...and think to change times and laws..." (Daniel 7:25). This change went into effect on March 7, 321 A.D., by Emperor Constantine of Rome. Constantine, "...enjoined Sunday rest from labor, except agricultural" (Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 21, 1945). It is even recorded that Constantine used violence to enforce his new law, because the seventh day sabbath was still being observed by true servants of God. Now if it would seem blasphemous for people to change their day of worship today, how do you think God felt when man changed his?

Many religious leaders realize that the days of the week have not changed. They claim that the sabbath day changed from the seventh day (Saturday) to the first day (Sunday) in commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus. This theory, along with Constantine's law, is the reason why most of the world has adopted Sunday as the new sabbath. Nevertheless, not one preacher or Constantine has ever substantiated this claim with the holy bible.

Another common theory is "Saturday is the Jewish sabbath and Sunday is the Christian sabbath." However, the bible speaks of only one sabbath, the seventh day, and it is called The Lord's Sabbath. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; Ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings" (Leviticus 23:3). There was no Christian or Jew when God instituted his sabbath. "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested..." (Genesis 2:3). Adam and Eve (created on the sixth day) were the only people around when God rested on the seventh day.

This day continued to be special to God and over two thousand years later he ordered man to observe it (Exodus 20:8-11). Yes the Lord truly intends for man to follow the example he set by honoring the seventh day. Therefore, he included it in his "ten commandments." Observing the sabbath is just as important as "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not steal" (Exodus 20:13,15). You cannot delete, change, or choose to obey one law over another. "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10). Remember, they are not called the nine commandments. Though he has tried man cannot change the law of the Almighty and "Judgment day" will prove this.

Jesus warned us about breaking the commandments of God to honor our own traditions (Matthew 15:3-6). This is what we are doing by observing Sunday worship instead of God's fourth commandment. We claim to be worshipping the Lord, but Jesus declared, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9). Honoring the seventh day is a commandment of God from the beginning, while honoring the first day is a commandment of man from 321 A.D. Choose Life and live.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just like adultery, dishonoring the sabbath was punishable by death (Exodus 31:14-15 and Numbers 15:32-36). There is no way we will escape if we ignore it. Honoring the sabbath is an everlasing sign for true worshippers of God. "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever..." (Exodus 31:17). True sabbath worship sets us apart or sanctifies us from the rest of the world.

Many think the sabbath is only for Israel. However, God is the God of all people. I ask you is "thou shalt not kill" only for Israel? NO! The Lord chose to reveal all of his laws to Israel, that through Israel they might be revealed to the whole world. Therefore, God's sabbath is for everybody to observe, "Also, the sons of the stranger (non-Israelite), that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, everyone that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it...even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer..." (Isaiah 56:6-7). So just as any and everyone will get punished for breaking the sabbath, any and everyone will get blessed for observing it.

During the days of the apostles the Gentiles recognized that they had to observe the seventh day sabbath. "And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath day" (Acts 13:42). These people did not try to come up with their own sabbath, but instead honored the Lord's sabbath which he had given to Israel. Later, Paul not only persuaded the Jews, but the Greeks also "every sabbath" (Acts 18:4). Therefore, the apostles and the newly converted Gentiles all observed the seventh day sabbath. As we have already pointed out it was not until the 4th Century A.D. that the Gentiles changed the sabbath to Sunday. However, if the sabbath had changed after the resurrection of Jesus, Paul and those who were first called Christians would not have continued to observe it. "And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Acts 17:2). In all the traveling that Paul did he still found time to keep the sabbath and other holy days.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh not again. You think the calendar is the same, that the Jewish people had leap years? So by your own words, you are deceived into thinking Saturday is Saturday. The Gregorian calendar did not exist at the time of Jesus. And you notice Paul found time to say to let no man judge you on the Sabbath, it was made for man, not man for it.

Upvote 0

Kasih

Sep 24, 2008
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
gosh Tanzel...

you always bring the same subject OVER and OVER.

specially about the saturday sabbath law.

haven't you learned a bit from reading the scripture on this issue?

I think if you wanna post something like this.. you should post it in SDA forum to fulfill your expectation answers.

Here you'll only find correction and rebukes, just as you have found before .. and before.

anyway, I do love you and hope God's grace abound much in you.

greetings from Indonesia

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh not again. You think the calendar is the same, that the Jewish people had leap years? So by your own words, you are deceived into thinking Saturday is Saturday. The Gregorian calendar did not exist at the time of Jesus. And you notice Paul found time to say to let no man judge you on the Sabbath, it was made for man, not man for it.

Prove it. Prove to me that Saturday is not the seventh day of the week, today.

1Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

And you notice Paul found time to say to let no man judge you on the Sabbath, it was made for man, not man for it.

What Paul said here has nothing to do with not keeping the sabbath day or Holy days. In fact Sunday is not a Holy day, that quote is for people who keep the lord laws in leviticus 23rd chapter, do you, cause
if you don't then you should not be quoting that verse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
gosh Tanzel...

you always bring the same subject OVER and OVER.

specially about the saturday sabbath law.

haven't you learned a bit from reading the scripture on this issue?

I think if you wanna post something like this.. you should post it in SDA forum to fulfill your expectation answers.

Here you'll only find correction and rebukes, just as you have found before .. and before.

anyway, I do love you and hope God's grace abound much in you.

greetings from Indonesia

Its always good to learn and get understanding. This lesson is a little
different from my other lessons protaining the sabbath day the seventh day of the week. So lets read with some understanding and take the time
and do some history on the subject.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalm 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some attempt to twist the scriptures (woe unto them) to support their theory that the sabbath changed. Paul's preaching, breaking bread, and gathering collections on the first day does not change the sabbath (Acts 20:7 and I Corinthians 16:2). Any minister today will preach, eat with friends and receive donations on any day of the week. Furthermore, calling Sunday "The Lord's Day" does not change the sabbath either. Actually, "The Lord's Day" is not Sunday or Saturday, but a period of time immediately following the "Great Tribulation." This is when God will begin to punish the world for our evil. This day is also known as "The Day of the Lord." The prophet Joel and the apostle John both saw and spoke about this terrible day (Joel 2:1-11 and Revelation 1:10).

None of these scriptures do away with God's seventh day sabbath. If the Lord wanted to change his sabbath, he would have told us plainly. After all he told us plainly 'remember the sabbath day to keep it Holy." Yes, the seventh day is holy to the Lord (Nehemiah 9:14). How can you do away with or change that which is holy? The sabbath is still the seventh day and the first day is merely the first day. "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week..." (Matthew 28:1). No change here, huh?

The biggest theory the world gives for changing the sabbath to Sunday is that Jesus rose on the first day (Easter Sunday). Even if he had, that wouldn't change the sabbath. Jesus taught that he would be in his grave three days and three nights. "...So shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Matthew 12:40). There is no way Jesus could have done this if he died on Friday evening and rose on a Sunday morning. "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun... He is risen; He is not here..." (Matthew 28:2,6). So much for that theory.

Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What does this have to do with our salvation?

Legalists arrogantly continue to boast about what they do to earn their salvation.

As if Christ died for nothing and completely in vain. God forbid.

Try as I can to not respond to these kind of posts, I falter because they make me sad and yes angry.

Jesus has atoned for all our sin. Once and for all at Calvary. Was His supreme sacrifice not sufficient?

Once again, God forbid.

As many previous posters have pointed out...get off the high horse and humble yourself before God Almighty. You can do nothing to earn your salvation apart from faith in Christ. Gods grace is a marvelous thing...a free gift but bought and paid for at a tremendous price, the Blood of the Lamb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

autumnrose42

Ruler of my own Kingdom in the ocean!!
Jun 13, 2009
Sitting at my computer in a large city in AZ.
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with JustAsIAm above me.

This is not an issue that is going to keep us from going to Heaven.

I also think that while the "theory" that because of Jesus raising from the dead on Sunday is true. When Jesus died on the cross, and the curtain to the Holy of Holys was torn in two, then the old covenant was null and void. In the letters that Paul writes, it talks of Sunday being set aside as the day we turn to God on "the first day of the week".

This is not to say that we do not worship everyday, but traditionally just Biblically speaking, Sunday is from the letters of Paul as when they worshiped. So, following in tradition, we worship on Sunday.

But. I do agree that this is not a matter to hash to death. There is no reason why this would keep us from Heaven. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What does this have to do with our salvation?

Legalists arrogantly continue to boast about what they do to earn their salvation.

As if Christ died for nothing and completely in vain. God forbid.

Try as I can to not respond to these kind of posts, I falter because they make me sad and yes angry.

Jesus has atoned for all our sin. Once and for all at Calvary. Was His supreme sacrifice not sufficient?

Once again, God forbid.

As many previous posters have pointed out...get off the high horse and humble yourself before God Almighty. You can do nothing to earn your salvation apart from faith in Christ. Gods grace is a marvelous thing...a free gift but bought and paid for at a tremendous price, the Blood of the Lamb.

Lets take a look at some writing of Paul, because the sabbath day
is a commandment its part of the law. Its a sin to not keep the sabbath day, its a sin to transgress the law. Lets, let the bible speak of itself.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Paul said in Romans 2:12 - For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Romans 6:1 - What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Romans 6:2 - God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

By keeping the law, stautes and Judgements

Where in the Bible do it says to stop keeping the sabbath day on the seventh day of week, according to the Bible?

What do you think salvation is base on?

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:7 - What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Heres Paul giving us a an example using just one of the commandments, explaining the important of the law.

Understand this, there would no church today if wasn't for the law, even on the wrong day of the week; sunday.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with JustAsIAm above me.

This is not an issue that is going to keep us from going to Heaven.

I also think that while the "theory" that because of Jesus raising from the dead on Sunday is true. When Jesus died on the cross, and the curtain to the Holy of Holys was torn in two, then the old covenant was null and void. In the letters that Paul writes, it talks of Sunday being set aside as the day we turn to God on "the first day of the week".

This is not to say that we do not worship everyday, but traditionally just Biblically speaking, Sunday is from the letters of Paul as when they worshiped. So, following in tradition, we worship on Sunday.

But. I do agree that this is not a matter to hash to death. There is no reason why this would keep us from Heaven. :)

I also think that while the "theory" that because of Jesus raising from the dead on Sunday is true.

Lets take a look an see if that true according to the Bible.

Remeber....Jesus said 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

You can't get three days and three nights from good friday to easter sunday.

Lets take a look and see when Jesus died according to the Bible.

When Did Jesus Die?

The following verses will serve to show that Jesus died on the Passover. It states in Mark (15:42-45) that on the evening of the preparation day, which is the day before the Sabbath, Joseph a counseller asked for the body of Jesus. Once Pilate determined Jesus was dead, he gave him the body.
Mark (15:42) And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath,
(43) Joseph of Aarimathaea, an honourable counseller, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

The above scriptures are where the problem lied with the early church trying to interpret the events of the bible. One should take note, that what the majority of modern day Christians practice or follow come directly from the Roman Catholic Church. You had non spiritual people trying to decipher events that were spiritual. Since the scriptures stated, that the preparation day, was the day before the Sabbath, they automatically assumed this event took place on a Friday, because they knew the Lord's Sabbath was from Friday evening to Saturday evening. That is how they came up with the concept that Jesus died on Friday and He rose early Sunday morning. What they failed to take into account were the Lord's Holy Days or as they are also called High Sabbaths. There are seven yearly Sabbaths, and they, with the exception of Pentecost, can fall on any day of the week. At the beginning of this lesson, it was explained in Leviticus (23:4) that the Passover which is the 14th of the month, is the day before the feast of Unleavened Bread, which is a Holy Day or A High Sabbath. The Passover is sometimes referred as the preparation day because they used this day to prepare for the feast. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is the Sabbath which was being refereed to in Mark 15:42) when it was stated that Joseph craved the body of Jesus. Jesus had been crucified on the Passover and the next day was the Feast of Unleavened Bread. 5

Jesus foretold when His death would occur.

(Matthew 26:1) And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
(2) Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Now remember God's days start at evening and end the next evening. Keep that in mind as you view the next set of scriptures. Jesus had been betrayed by Judas the evening of the Passover.
John 13 tells how Jesus and His disciples, that evening, were sharing the Passover meal. John (18:3) shows that same evening; Jesus was betrayed and taken away. It was still nighttime when they took Jesus, because the men that came and took and bound Him had lanterns and torches.

Jesus was crucified the next day but it was still the Passover. Remember God's days run from sundown to sundown. Jesus had been taken into custody the night of the Passover and the next morning which is the day of the Passover, He was condemned and crucified. The following verses deomonstrate how Pilate was willing to release Jesus the morning after he had been taken in to custody. It was still the Passover. We all know the Jews refused and Jesus was crucified.

3 Days And 3 Nights

The scriptures explain how Jesus was in the earth 3 days and 3 nights just as He had foretold.

How It Really Happened

3 Days And 3 Nights

SU M T W TH F S

Days 1 1 1

Nights 1 1 1

In looking at the previous scriptures one should now have a better understanding, as to what took place. Remember Mary did not come to the Grave site until the first day of the week which is Sunday. (John 20:1) "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher", And it was early in the morning and it was still dark. But Jesus had already risen. That's because Jesus went into His grave right before the end of the Passover or Wed. evening. The passing of the Passover brought in the Feast of the Unleavened Bread.

So Jesus would Have been in the Grave Wednesday night, Thursday daytime and Thursday night, Friday daytime, Friday night, Saturday daytime and Jesus rose right before the sun went down on Saturday. Hence one has the 3 days and 3 nights which Jesus prophesied.
His death Wednesday night is consistent with the comment of the prophet Daniel, stating the Messiah would be cut off (killed) in the midst of the week.

Daniel 9:26-27 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week (Wednesday is the middle of the week) he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (Remember, Jesus is the sacrificial Passover Lamb).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Thou shall not kill" is an easier commandment to repent of breaking.
'society' is always wrong. 'society' approves of killing, as do those who do not honor Scripture and thus do not honor nor obey the Creator.
I've noticed that those who do not honor Yhvh's Word
do not honor His Word in many ways.
If they do not recognize, simply, Shabbat (and most never do)
then
they also
do not recognize other ways hasatan has corrupted religion (like introducing infnt bptizm which has no reality, and getting the 'religiious' to say 'yeah and amen' to killing when there's a (wrong) purpose (like war?)...
When Shabbat is recognised and honored, the rest of Scripture is open.
When Shabbat is not honored, not even acknowledged!, Scripture is closed.
Important in a way -
those who dishonor Shabbat murder those who do keep Shabbat, all around the world,
while
those who honor Shabbat murder no one, and never approve of murder.
A little child who loves truth knows this.
An adult who loves himself more than truth denies this.
.(and neither will change their mind - so one lives, so one dies)

Upvote 0

The LORD's Minstrel

↔ ĴĔŜŨŜ ĨŚ ĶĨŇĞ ↔
Mar 12, 2004
Miami,Florida
✟558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anyone is using the Mosaic Law system as a means in their relationship with Jesus
then they are still living under law.Because breaking Gods law doesnt require one to do a good in future works,it calls for that persons DEATH.So when we or anyone who believes in Jesus,preaches anything of the old mosaic law,and tells people thall shall not do thid and thall shall not do that,you end up preaching their death,you end up bringing them to death not life.You also end up giving them a curse Galatians 3:10 says the law is a curse.We and all of mankind has broken the old law.The mosaic law put a curse on people,it made it impossible to pass the goal of righteousnness.So if you preach to people to live the old law,you are preaching an impossible task to fullfill.

The old law didnt deal with peoples hearts,and peoples emotions and peoples spirits.It just said your broke the law now you DIE.But now Jesus says "There is none righteous,no not one." You see we have to realize we allready broke the commandments and our already deserve to die,do you actually think Jesus is some kind of starting over point,to give us a second chance at following the law of moses?
Do you think Jesus is giving people a second chance at trying to pass the ten commandments?<- If a person thinks that,they are living in a lie.

Jesus passed the laws rules and regulations and look at what happened to Him.How is it you think we will escape such a result?thats why we are baptised in Jesus's death and resurection.Because the law,whether you do good or bad can find a way to kill you.The laws goal is to stop people from passing it while on this earth.If the goal of the law is death,its going to have a better way of getting you,than you will of getting over on it.

But the law messed up,where was its mess up,get ready,wait for it,wait for it.....
The laws mess up was the PEOPLE were in charge of the law,oH BOY how can the law get even worse?I know,lets put people in charge of the law.LOL.

Romans 8:2-4 ->2)For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death,3)For what the Law COULD NOT DO, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,4) so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

All you have to do is believe it.

I really like the part where I said They way to make the old law worse is to put people in charge of it.,Thats a good sermon right there.Feel free to use it if anyone wants to,you have my full permission all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Thou shall not kill" is an easier commandment to repent of breaking.
'society' is always wrong. 'society' approves of killing, as do those who do not honor Scripture and thus do not honor nor obey the Creator.
I've noticed that those who do not honor Yhvh's Word
do not honor His Word in many ways.
If they do not recognize, simply, Shabbat (and most never do)
then
they also
do not recognize other ways hasatan has corrupted religion (like introducing infnt bptizm which has no reality, and getting the 'religiious' to say 'yeah and amen' to killing when there's a (wrong) purpose (like war?)...
When Shabbat is recognised and honored, the rest of Scripture is open.
When Shabbat is not honored, not even acknowledged!, Scripture is closed.
Important in a way -
those who dishonor Shabbat murder those who do keep Shabbat, all around the world,
while
those who honor Shabbat murder no one, and never approve of murder.
A little child who loves truth knows this.
An adult who loves himself more than truth denies this.
.(and neither will change their mind - so one lives, so one dies)

I agree for the most part, even though there are some people in life who have good fruits of the spirit and don't keep the sabbath day, but that why jame said 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If anyone is using the Mosaic Law system as a means in their relationship with Jesus
then they are still living under law.Because breaking Gods law doesnt require one to do a good in future works,it calls for that persons DEATH.So when we or anyone who believes in Jesus,preaches anything of the old mosaic law,and tells people thall shall not do thid and thall shall not do that,you end up preaching their death,you end up bringing them to death not life.You also end up giving them a curse Galatians 3:10 says the law is a curse.We and all of mankind has broken the old law.The mosaic law put a curse on people,it made it impossible to pass the goal of righteousnness.So if you preach to people to live the old law,you are preaching an impossible task to fullfill.

The old law didnt deal with peoples hearts,and peoples emotions and peoples spirits.It just said your broke the law now you DIE.But now Jesus says "There is none righteous,no not one." You see we have to realize we allready broke the commandments and our already deserve to die,do you actually think Jesus is some kind of starting over point,to give us a second chance at following the law of moses?
Do you think Jesus is giving people a second chance at trying to pass the ten commandments?<- If a person thinks that,they are living in a lie.

Jesus passed the laws rules and regulations and look at what happened to Him.How is it you think we will escape such a result?thats why we are baptised in Jesus's death and resurection.Because the law,whether you do good or bad can find a way to kill you.The laws goal is to stop people from passing it while on this earth.If the goal of the law is death,its going to have a better way of getting you,than you will of getting over on it.

But the law messed up,where was its mess up,get ready,wait for it,wait for it.....
The laws mess up was the PEOPLE were in charge of the law,oH BOY how can the law get even worse?I know,lets put people in charge of the law.LOL.

Romans 8:2-4 ->2)For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death,3)For what the Law COULD NOT DO, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,4) so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

All you have to do is believe it.

I really like the part where I said They way to make the old law worse is to put people in charge of it.,Thats a good sermon right there.Feel free to use it if anyone wants to,you have my full permission all the time.

then they are still living under law.

You may have a point. which law are you referring to.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The sabbath was made for man not the other way around. To address the question specifically I always thought there were 2 reasons , 1st christ was resurrected on sun , 2nd the christians in ancient israel were afraid to leave their homes on the sabbath

You are right, Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: you understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Second....Jesus said 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Can't get three days and three night from Good Friday to Easter Sunday

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.