How did the police believe this was a lone barricaded suspect? The Texas school massacre.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to get technical...Ok. The original AR-15 was a select fire military weapon built to replace the M-16 I think....

But sure, the commonly owned variant is semi only.

No, they were always separate weapons, and the AR-15 was actually developed first. The AR-15 was never in military service.

And I'll point out again that we need not even be talking about the AR-15. A semi-automatic, magazine-fed rifle like the Mini-14 (and some others) has the same capabilities.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, they were always separate weapons, and the AR-15 was actually developed first. The AR-15 was never in military service.

I'm fairly certain it was developed as one.

And I'll point out again that we need not even be talking about the AR-15. A semi-automatic, magazine-fed rifle like the Mini-14 (and some others) has the same capabilities.

But we are talking about the AR15 which I believe was the point of @essentialsaltes article.

You're bringing up the Ruger and I genuinely don't know why.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm fairly certain it was developed as one.

But we are talking about the AR15 which I believe was the point of @essentialsaltes article.

You're bringing up the Ruger and I genuinely don't know why.
I'm speaking to your point of them being outclassed by the shooter's AR-15. It was shown that they were not outclassed at all...they had sufficient armament available in short time.

My earlier point had been that when I was young, patrol police commonly carried enough armament on them in the trunks of their patrol cars.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm speaking to your point of them being outclassed by the shooter's AR-15. It was shown that they were not outclassed at all...they had sufficient armament available in short time.

I was just going off @essentialsaltes article. If you are upset at the info he's spreading, speak to him.

My earlier point had been that when I was young, patrol police commonly carried enough armament on them in the trunks of their patrol cars.

Aren't you in your 50s?

Because I'm old enough to recall the north Hollywood shootout, and no...they were not well armed. I can also recall Truckzilla, from TV, and again...armament lacking.

After rechecking....the North Hollywood shootout was in 1997. Those cops had shotguns and service revolvers...if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just going off @essentialsaltes article. If you are upset at the info he's spreading, speak to him.

Aren't you in your 50s?

Because I'm old enough to recall the north Hollywood shootout, and no...they were not well armed. I can also recall Truckzilla, from TV, and again...armament lacking.

After rechecking....the North Hollywood shootout was in 1997. Those cops had shotguns and service revolvers...if I remember correctly.
I just barely remember Eisenhower.

Down in Oklahoma and Texas in my youth, police carried shotguns, rifles, and service revolvers.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I just barely remember Eisenhower.

Down in Oklahoma and Texas in my youth, police carried shotguns, rifles, and service revolvers.

Well for some reason, this definitely isn't the standard across the country. Don't judge all police by your local forces.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well for some reason, this definitely isn't the standard across the country. Don't judge all police by your local forces.

Obviously, they don't.

My point was that they could and that in the past at least some departments did.

And because it take the Uvalde SWAT an hour to respond, then those regular police officers ought to.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Obviously, they don't.

My point was that they could and that in the past at least some departments did.

And because it take the Uvalde SWAT an hour to respond, then those regular police officers ought to.

Ok...no argument there.

Upvote 0