LDS How did the Mormon Jesus get his Exaltation?

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I am not al over the place. I have explained what your out of context quote means---which is the question you asked. Now you want to know not the verse you quoted but about the life of Jesus Christ before and during the OT. Using the bible---read the OT--for He is there from Genesis on---
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He was with Moses, He is the great I AM---He will be there at the end, read Rev--I can't quote the whole bible, too long. As for during the OT----read it. Too long to quote. Anything not contained there---is not contained anywhere and whoever says so is lying through their teeth. Simple. That's all.
How was Jesus generated (how he came about, how he came forth, from wence came he?????)

I know he was with God from the beginning of the creation of the earth. But how did he get to be with God? Or who can declare his generation. (just because your dictionary doesn't give all the definitions for generation, I cannot help it. Get another dictionary and tell me how God generated Jesus.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How was Jesus generated (how he came about, how he came forth, from wence came he?????)

I know he was with God from the beginning of the creation of the earth. But how did he get to be with God? Or who can declare his generation. (just because your dictionary doesn't give all the definitions for generation, I cannot help it. Get another dictionary and tell me how God generated Jesus.

Just because you do not wish to comprehend the truth of what a verse says, does not mean it never the less is---truth. I gave the meaning of what that verse in Acts quoted from Isa means---it is simple and not at all what you think it says. It does not say Jesus was "generated." However, you want to know how Jesus was created---that is what you are asking---the bible does not give details, not even for His incarnation. Anyone who thinks they know how it came about is making it up for it can not be explained and it is not given to us to know. It says He was with God, and that He always existed and that He is God---He was NEVER created, that is mystery enough and we do not get too know until we are resurrected -- if then!! It is called faith! It is only when you have none, that one needs to know every little detail that God does not feel we need to know. That is one the vanities of JS--wanting to know what there is no answer to--wanting to be God, the same problem Lucifer had.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is what I mean----He always existed--but He is the product of the heavenly Father and the heavenly mother---You want it both ways so you can say "We believe what you do"---but that little twist is not what we believe and you try to downplay that.

We have our cake and eat it too because we reject the idea of something from nothing.

This is what we know;

D&C 88 (See 1John 1:5, )
11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things,

D&C 93 (see John 1:4-5)
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.
31 Behold, here is the agency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is plainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light. (see John 3:17-21)
32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the light is under condemnation.
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Abraham 3
22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;.....And there stood one among them that was like unto God,..." (John1:1)

In the D&C passages he uses Intelligence and 'light of truth' with a play on words. One of the uncreated elements of the universe is light and God is light. He fills the universe giving life to all living things. Intelligences seem to be made up of this light but also seems to have some darkness in there too, except for a few who have no darkness; " God is light, and in him is no darkness at all"

The Intelligence has a personality and will of it's own however God with his eternal love sees that these other intelligences have potential to become as he is.

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matt 6

He takes these intelligences and clothes them in spirit matter, making him the Father of Spirits. We do not know how this is done. Is a spirit birthed just as are mortal bodies are, WE DO NOT KNOW!

We do know that Jesus is called "the firstborn" and from that there are some assumptions and speculations made.

Yahweh/Jesus was one of these eternal intelligences within whom there is no darkness at all, he was eternally righteous. God the Father chose him to be "the beginning" of His creations (Rev 3:14) . His eternal intelligence was placed within spirit matter and he became Yahweh.

So Yahweh/Jesus always existed yet there was a point where he became 'the firstborn'.

Now in 2Cor 5 Paul seems to agree with us.

1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle (our mortal bodies) were dissolved, we have a building of God,(our spirits) an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Note the spirit is eternal in the heavens and that it too is called a house. A house houses something! To us it is the eternal and uncreated intelligence of light.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brought about by the Father and the heavenly mother.

*No, it exist. What did Yahweh say, I am that I am. The intelligence was not 'brought about' by anyone. The Father and Mother clothe the intelligence in spirit matter which is also made of eternal self existing elements.

We do not believe God made 'all things' but that God 'organized all things'. That's why the little phrase in John 1 is there; 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The word 'things' isn't actually there in the Greek and it's really talking about 'all men' in the context of the passage but John added that last little phrase 'that was made' to say there are some things which are not made but just are.

*The idea of something from nothing came straight out of Greek Philosophy. They had their unmoveable mover of all things, he alone was being and he brought about all else into being. They actually went so far as to say we are all an illusion we are merely god's thoughts. The apostate Christians rejected that last part but they swallowed the rest hook line and sinker.

In the Hebrew the word create bara does not mean to make something from nothing, it literally means; to make fat. If you have a pig to sell at market you first fatten him up.

The first line of the Bible means;

In the beginning God made heaven and earth fat and here's how he did it.

A good English phrase might be 'to enlarge upon',

In the begging God enlarged the earth, it was there with water but darkness was upon it and no life was there. So God said let there be light so life could begin. Then he proceeded to do A,B and C. He doesn't create out of nothing but commands the elements, the water and the dust, of the earth to bring forth the creatures.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
*No, it exist. What did Yahweh say, I am that I am. The intelligence was not 'brought about' by anyone. The Father and Mother clothe the intelligence in spirit matter which is also made of eternal self existing elements.

We do not believe God made 'all things' but that God 'organized all things'. That's why the little phrase in John 1 is there; 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The word 'things' isn't actually there in the Greek and it's really talking about 'all men' in the context of the passage but John added that last little phrase 'that was made' to say there are some things which are not made but just are.

*The idea of something from nothing came straight out of Greek Philosophy. They had their unmoveable mover of all things, he alone was being and he brought about all else into being. They actually went so far as to say we are all an illusion we are merely god's thoughts. The apostate Christians rejected that last part but they swallowed the rest hook line and sinker.

In the Hebrew the word create bara does not mean to make something from nothing, it literally means; to make fat. If you have a pig to sell at market you first fatten him up.

The first line of the Bible means;

In the beginning God made heaven and earth fat and here's how he did it.

A good English phrase might be 'to enlarge upon',

In the begging God enlarged the earth, it was there with water but darkness was upon it and no life was there. So God said let there be light so life could begin. Then he proceeded to do A,B and C. He doesn't create out of nothing but commands the elements, the water and the dust, of the earth to bring forth the creatures.

If that is what you believe than why do you keep asking how Jesus was "generated?"
The bible is clear--
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
All means all---an empty, void earth with water----He created it. Everything that exists is made by Him--period. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit were not created.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"generated?"

I've never heard the word used to describe the birth of the firstborn.

Again the word 'things' is not found in the Greek. You'll just have to pray to know the truth.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Again the word 'things' is not found in the Greek. You'll just have to pray to know the truth.

Go to post #141---

The word all certainly is.

#3956 πᾶς pas {pas} including all the forms of declension; TDNT - 5:886,795; adj
—Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) individually
1a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things,
everything
2) collectively
2a) some of all types
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Everything was in his hand, and without him not even one thing existed of the things that existed.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Everything came into existence through him. Not one thing that exists was made without him.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

How do you expect to know the truth when you only get your answers from LDS literature??Hunt down the info for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Jesus was not created. The Father was not created. The Holy Spirit was not created. Created beings are finite. God is not.
*sigh* We've been over this a million times: LDS don't believe that there was ever a time when the Father, Son, or Spirit did not exist.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Just because you do not wish to comprehend the truth of what a verse says, does not mean it never the less is---truth. I gave the meaning of what that verse in Acts quoted from Isa means---it is simple and not at all what you think it says. It does not say Jesus was "generated." However, you want to know how Jesus was created---that is what you are asking---the bible does not give details, not even for His incarnation. Anyone who thinks they know how it came about is making it up for it can not be explained and it is not given to us to know. It says He was with God, and that He always existed and that He is God---He was NEVER created, that is mystery enough and we do not get too know until we are resurrected -- if then!! It is called faith! It is only when you have none, that one needs to know every little detail that God does not feel we need to know. That is one the vanities of JS--wanting to know what there is no answer to--wanting to be God, the same problem Lucifer had.
Would you settle down and stop being so snippy. You are going to have a heart attack.

The scripture says that the Word (Jesus) was with the Father in the beginning. What beginning are we talking about? Was the beginning of the creation of the earth the beginning of all the creations of God in the entire universe and beyond?

LDS believe that in the beginning of the creation of the earth, Jesus was with God and was a God himself, named Yahweh or if you wish Jehovah or any number of names you wish. He was also known as the God of Israel, their Redeemer.

This God of Israel/Jesus was incarnated into the womb of Mary and she went through her normal pregnancy and begat Jesus, the Son of God and Redeemer of all mankind. So the God of Israel took of flesh and became man. LDS, mainline Christians all believe that. So what is the problem?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Would you settle down and stop being so snippy. You are going to have a heart attack.

The scripture says that the Word (Jesus) was with the Father in the beginning. What beginning are we talking about? Was the beginning of the creation of the earth the beginning of all the creations of God in the entire universe and beyond?

LDS believe that in the beginning of the creation of the earth, Jesus was with God and was a God himself, named Yahweh or if you wish Jehovah or any number of names you wish. He was also known as the God of Israel, their Redeemer.

This God of Israel/Jesus was incarnated into the womb of Mary and she went through her normal pregnancy and begat Jesus, the Son of God and Redeemer of all mankind. So the God of Israel took of flesh and became man. LDS, mainline Christians all believe that. So what is the problem?

Snippy??---not in the least. My heart is very well, thank you. I suggest you read my post again, and again and again. Maybe you'll get it one day. I don't have a problem. You're the one wanting to know how Jesus was "generated,"not me.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We have our cake and eat it too because we reject the idea of something from nothing.

This is what we know;

D&C 88 (See 1John 1:5, )
11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things,

D&C 93 (see John 1:4-5)
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.
31 Behold, here is the agency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is plainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light. (see John 3:17-21)
32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the light is under condemnation.
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Abraham 3
22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;.....And there stood one among them that was like unto God,..." (John1:1)

In the D&C passages he uses Intelligence and 'light of truth' with a play on words. One of the uncreated elements of the universe is light and God is light. He fills the universe giving life to all living things. Intelligences seem to be made up of this light but also seems to have some darkness in there too, except for a few who have no darkness; " God is light, and in him is no darkness at all"

The Intelligence has a personality and will of it's own however God with his eternal love sees that these other intelligences have potential to become as he is.

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matt 6

He takes these intelligences and clothes them in spirit matter, making him the Father of Spirits. We do not know how this is done. Is a spirit birthed just as are mortal bodies are, WE DO NOT KNOW!

We do know that Jesus is called "the firstborn" and from that there are some assumptions and speculations made.

Yahweh/Jesus was one of these eternal intelligences within whom there is no darkness at all, he was eternally righteous. God the Father chose him to be "the beginning" of His creations (Rev 3:14) . His eternal intelligence was placed within spirit matter and he became Yahweh.

So Yahweh/Jesus always existed yet there was a point where he became 'the firstborn'.

Now in 2Cor 5 Paul seems to agree with us.

1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle (our mortal bodies) were dissolved, we have a building of God,(our spirits) an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Note the spirit is eternal in the heavens and that it too is called a house. A house houses something! To us it is the eternal and uncreated intelligence of light.

The Mormon gods use different intelligences. Are they clones of one another? What causes them to make different choices in the first and second estates?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Are you talking about a firstborn birth prior to mortality or a birth into mortality?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The eternal generation of the Son is defined as "an eternal personal act of the Father, wherein, by necessity of nature, not by choice of will, He generates the person (not the essence) of the Son, by communicating to Him the whole indivisible substance of the Godhead, without division, alienation, or change, so that the Son is the express image of His Father's person, and eternally continues, not from the Father, but in the Father, and the Father in the Son." [1]

The name "Creator" or "Savior" refer to acts of God's will, but in contrast his name as Father to the Son is a revelation of the identity of God Himself. The Father brings forth the Son by the act of being God, not by an act of will, so that the Son fully shares in the Father's deity and glory as God. There has never been, nor is it possible for there to be, any God and Father without the Son.
Eternal generation of the Son | Theopedia

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go to post #141---

The word all certainly is.

#3956 πᾶς pas {pas} including all the forms of declension; TDNT - 5:886,795; adj
—Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) individually
1a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things,
everything
2) collectively
2a) some of all types
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Everything was in his hand, and without him not even one thing existed of the things that existed.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Everything came into existence through him. Not one thing that exists was made without him.

The Greek word is 'pas' and it does not mean 'all of' or every 'single one' in the Greek but more in the sense of 'some of' or 'some of all sorts'.

Matt 3:5-6 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judæa, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Does that mean everyone in the every single town came out to hear John and be baptized, no it means a lot of the people came to hear him.

Luke 20: 6 But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they be persuaded that John was a prophet.

Will everyone come and stone them, no it means a great many will.

No back to John 1 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He is actually putting in there that he does not mean every last item but only those things which he made and in this case he means "all men", In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
*The idea of something from nothing came straight out of Greek Philosophy. They had their unmoveable mover of all things, he alone was being and he brought about all else into being.

The idea of humans becoming gods and goddesses was a thought from 1. Satan 2. Greeks.

"The Greek pantheon of gods included mortal-born heroes and heroines who were elevated to godhood through a process which the Greeks termed apotheosis. Some of these received the privilege as a reward for their benefactions to mankind--e.g. Heracles, Asclepius and Aristaeus--, others through marriage to gods--e.g. Ariadne, Tithonus and Psyche--, and some by luck or pure chance--e.g Glaucus."
Deified Mortals | Theoi Greek Mythology

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
*sigh* We've been over this a million times: LDS don't believe that there was ever a time when the Father, Son, or Spirit did not exist.

I don't need your explanation, so why the *sigh*? I've said several times that LDS believe everyone, gods and non-gods always existed. Did you ever hear of your pre-existing intelligences? Do you know that they became spirit children of "Heavenly Father" and "Heavenly Mother?" Did you know that the gods planned the "creation?"

Abraham 4
The Gods plan the creation of the earth and all life thereon—Their plans for the six days of creation are set forth...
27 So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.

Mormonism teaches that Adam and Eve were created. We agree. But God wasn't created!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Bara'
Strong's Number: 1254 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
arb a primitive root
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Bara' TWOT - 278
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
baw-raw' Verb
Definition
  1. to create, shape, form
    1. (Qal) to shape, fashion, create (always with God as subject)
      1. of heaven and earth
      2. of individual man
      3. of new conditions and circumstances
      4. of transformations
    2. (Niphal) to be created
      1. of heaven and earth
      2. of birth
      3. of something new
      4. of miracles
    3. (Piel)
      1. to cut down
      2. to cut out
  2. to be fat
    1. (Hiphil) to make yourselves fat
NAS Word Usage - Total: 53
brings about 1, clear 2, create 6, created 32, creates 1, creating 3, Creator 4, cut them down 1, make 2, produced 1

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0