How did that "Rocket Man" comment go over ?

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You know - As an Australian, I look to the USA in the hope of something that is sophisticated in global policies.... just appalling - how on earth do you people believe he is the best person your country has to lead your country.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What did Bowie do wrong?
I thought Elton was the Rocket Man?

I grade Trump's use of the remark as sophomoric (at best).

(fwiw, I'm very independent politically)

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know - As an Australian, I look to the USA in the hope of something that is sophisticated in global policies.... just appalling - how on earth do you people believe he is the best person your country has to lead your country.
LOL the dude threatens to turn our country into ashes...and it's Trump's comments that are appalling? Get over yourself.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOP: A
IND: A
DEM: D-

NPR @ 6:45 am Wednsday: A

The comment is a raging success. Politicians around the globe are using the term "Rocket Man" and it's getting important discussion among leaders.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
LOL the dude threatens to turn our country into ashes...and it's Trump's comments that are appalling? Get over yourself.
Yes they were - Look Im all for getting rid of that crazed Nth Korean Leader - wotever you think thats the way a world leader is supposed to be - fine hes your leader....thank god

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kind of funny because for the simple man telling Trump how he is supposed to be is kind of like when we hear one saying that God is not fair or why is He not doing things my way?

Oh yes the ones that will get in line while in heaven to ask Him why those things happen the way they did.

While -- I will be humbled and laying with my face to the ground.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

A good number of voters simply believed he was the best of two bad choices...

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOP: A

IND: A

DEM: D-

Brought to you from up top the mountain.
Have a blessed day,
M-Bob
If Obama had said it these people would be less likely to complain. They would be more likely to find it funny. But it's not funny. It's a very serious matter. And hypocrisy isn't funny either.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Americans were fed up with fancy-pants elegant language that politicians use. They wanted a president who talked like the old-timey Founding Fathers, who called King George 'Crown Guy' and told him where he could stick his stamp tax.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Americans were fed up with fancy-pants elegant language that politicians use. They wanted a president who talked like the old-timey Founding Fathers, who called King George 'Crown Guy' and told him where he could stick his stamp tax.
Yea great - lets go back a few centuries... Great role modelling..... But hey if the US believes it a good thing for them...go for it.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And they use that language because it benefits them more than it benefits the people they are supposed to be working for.

How are we benefitted by the use of schoolyard taunts toward an enemy with nuclear weapons?

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think you are misinformed.

There are plenty of allegations out there that Crown Guy threw the election for Trump. In fact, Trump is on record as referring to Crown Guy as a "strong leader."

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For POTUS using that kind of language is like teenager arriving to a funeral wearing shorts and ragged T-shirt.

He thinks he is cool and rebel.

Other teenagers may think he is cool and rebel.

Everyone else will think he is ill educated and without manners.

Upvote 0