How did Native Americans get to America in the first place?

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If we hold that Adam and Eve started out in ancient Mesopotamia and then humanity spread out from there... how did Native Americans and other people in the "western" continent get all the way over there? I mean, it was hard enough for people after "ancient times" get a boat over there without dying on the way. How did they even get there???

Unless we can accept the Pangea theory that all the continents were one big continent and that continental drift is a real thing (which I don't think would contradict Creationism at all).

But I'm just curious as to how they got there...

Reactions: Galatea

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget the Great Flood... The account of the flood told by other races also told of large boats being built by other races. It wasn't only Noah and his family who survived the great flood...

...Otherwise, we'll all be Jews, isn't that right?

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 11:1-9Modern English Version (MEV)
The Tower of Babel
11 Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. 2 As the people journeyed from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” And they had brick for stone and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top will reach to heaven, and let us make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men built. 6 The Lord said, “The people are one and they have one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do; now nothing that they propose to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.”

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 Therefore the name of it was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. From there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we hold that Adam and Eve started out in ancient Mesopotamia and then humanity spread out from there... how did Native Americans and other people in the "western" continent get all the way over there? I mean, it was hard enough for people after "ancient times" get a boat over there without dying on the way. How did they even get there???

Unless we can accept the Pangea theory that all the continents were one big continent and that continental drift is a real thing (which I don't think would contradict Creationism at all).

We don't know where Adam and Eve lived. The land where they lived would have been destroyed by the flood.
I would suggest the Native Americans were separated at the time of the tower of Babel.

Perhaps at the tower they were transported like Philip was....39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't forget the Great Flood... The account of the flood told by other races also told of large boats being built by other races. It wasn't only Noah and his family who survived the great flood...

...Otherwise, we'll all be Jews, isn't that right?

That view would contradict scripture in several places.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Were they consider as Jews then?

Concerning the notion...the bible say's all the people died...and only 8 survived.

According to Judaism, we are all sons of Noah including the Gentiles...

It would seem to imply we are all Israelites originally. What only distinguishes a Jew is that a Jew is someone who practice Judaism.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From Asia! There was a landbridge between North America and Asia. Scientists think some Asians migrated over that route. This would be during one of the Earth's mini ice ages. Later, when the Earth was warming, the land bridge between Asia and North America disappeared.

This is the most prevalent theory, to my knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was once thought that they both crossed over the land bride that is now submerged beneath the Bering Strait which separates Alaska from Russia and arrived from the islands in the Pacific Ocean. Now the land bridge idea, according to the article I just read, has been totally discarded.

BTW
A curious fact is that Native Americans in the north claim to have originated in the south and traveled northward and never mention ever crossing a land bridge into Alaska and making their way south.
How Did First Americans Get Here?

• Informative
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Their is nothing new under the Sun.
Columbus was not the first to sail the ocean blue.
be blessed now and praise the LORD>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to Judaism, we are all sons of Noah including the Gentiles...

It would seem to imply we are all Israelites originally. What only distinguishes a Jew is that a Jew is someone who practice Judaism.

Perhaps. Some people I know who are Jews don't practice Judaism.

But, after the ark settled Noahs boys went separate ways.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From Asia! There was a landbridge between North America and Asia. Scientists think some Asians migrated over that route. This would be during one of the Earth's mini ice ages. Later, when the Earth was warming, the land bridge between Asia and North America disappeared.

This is the most prevalent theory, to my knowledge.

From what I understand there was only one ice age caused by the flood of Noah as the waters receded and the moisture accumulated over the poles of the earth...and precipitated.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Well they could have crossed the gap between Eastern Russia and Alaska.. It is a very small sea gap with islands in the area..

But biblically during the times of the tower of babel God is said to have divided the people and thus it can be interpreted to mean that God physically removed some people from babel and placed them down in places like the Smericans and Australia..

Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps. Some people I know who are Jews don't practice Judaism.

But, after the ark settled Noahs boys went separate ways.

Simplistically speaking, a Jew is someone who practices Judaism and originated from the Israelites...

Since presumably, we all came from Noah, then probably all we need to do is just is to be accepted by Judaism and practice the religion and we would become a Jew.

I know it's not that simple but if we use the Noah argument, we are technically Jews who got lost along the way :)

Upvote 0