Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very cool article. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the first forms of live arose as a result of, and/or in the presence of, the flow of current. :)
In your opinion, which came first? the earth or angels?

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Canada... Originally England.
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
In your opinion, which came first? the earth or angels?

Angels! Obviously, Angles were God's labourers, they got the plans from him and started work, it's because of these angels that we.... Oh wait... no, sorry... Earth :D

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I reply "The Earth"then I will be admitting that angels exist.
Then reply "angels" first.

You would be correct.

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Look at it this way:

If you say "angels," then you can admit that the earth exists.

We have a cute way of putting all of this:

"Aim for Earth, get Earth; aim for Heaven, get both."

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Then reply "angels" first.

You would be correct.

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Look at it this way:

If you say "angels," then you can admit that the earth exists.

We have a cute way of putting all of this:

"Aim for Earth, get Earth; aim for Heaven, get both."

Let's put it this way AV....

If the universe is in fact ancient (and it is), and the Earth is a relatively "recent" creation (which it is), then angels may have "evolved" both spiritual and physically, *long* before the Earth even came to exist, or even contained it's first drop of water. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If the universe is in fact ancient (and it is), and the Earth is a relatively "recent" creation (which it is), then angels may have "evolved" both spiritual and physically, *long* before the Earth even came to exist, or even contained it's first drop of water. :)
Fair enough ... I can make evolution even harder.

Which came first? God or abiogenesis?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Well as angels are spiritual beings who (excepting rare cases) do not have material bodies or reproduce, they would not evolve.

Fair enough ... I can make evolution even harder.

Which came first? God or abiogenesis?

God.

Abiogenesis was planned by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Well as angels are spiritual beings who (excepting rare cases) do not have material bodies or reproduce, they would not evolve.

Perhaps they've simply evolved in other forms on other planets, have achieved their 'perfection', and no longer require "form" as we understand it. I liked Penrose's concept of soul. They may indeed have a 'physical form', albeit one that resonates far beyond our concept of the energy spectrum as we understand it.

God.

Abiogenesis was planned by God.
FYI, I would absolutely agree with you that microscopic abiogenesis based life as we understand it was definitely planned by God.

[SIZE=-1]DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]BILL GATES, The Road Ahead[/SIZE]
For all I know the whole universe as we understand it is but a holographic projection of reality.

Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram : Nature News & Comment

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
AV, whenever a question contains the phrase "which came first" then one is to assume that the one being questioned believes that what are in the question actually exist and or believes in them.
For example:

Which came first; the chicken or the egg? (is a valid question to all since both chickens and eggs exist)

Which came first; God or the Holly spirit? (is only a valid question to someone who believes in God and the /holly spirit)

Which came first; God or Abiogenesis? (is not a valid question for one who does not believe in either of the two. This is only a valid question if one believes in both.)

Which came first; The Earth or Angels? (is not a valid question to someone who does not believe angels exist.)

Now you see why I cannot answer your Earth or angels question? You should rephrase your question to:

Do you believe in angels and IF you do then which do you believe came first.....

Upvote 0