How Did Jesus Escaped the Crowd at Nazareth?

peter222999

Oct 21, 2011
✟7,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can think of times in the bible when the scripture ended with things like
" and the crowd closed or rushed on him, but Jesus was gone from it."
Please forgive me for not looking up the exact scriptures,but I think you will know. I wonder, how. Did he just dissapear, was he sheltered by the hand of the father. I just cannot come up with a real good theory.
Any body got any ideas ?

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
But he passing through the midst of them went his way,
And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.
And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
<-----> Luke 4:14-32

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. <-----> 1st Chronicles 16:22 & Psalm 105:15

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. <-----> John 2:4

Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
<-----> John 10:17+18

By The Authority of His Father, Jesus could easily deter even the most enraged individuals from laying a finger upon him, with a mere thought, solemn glance, or softly spoken word...until it was the time appointed for him to surrender himself, according to His Father's will.

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. <-----> Proverbs 16:3

For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
He is near that justifies me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
<-----> Isaiah 50:7+8

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
<-----> 1st Kings 19:11+12

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Kinda, sorta, likely, yea...but maybe not "nothing", for he did suffer as a human does...hunger, thirst, weariness, sore feet, sorrow, etc.

But no one could begin to assault him as The Martyr of all martyrs, until his appointed time for suffering in that significant way did come, and he submitted/accepted it.

Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟28,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
He just went to a quiet place away from the crowds. I remember how it felt years ago when I used to be a guest speaker for various large groups. It was a blessing to do that; but always good too to find a spot later to be alone with the Lord. I think Jesus knew this and so sought a place to pray and be alone with his Father. Maybe he simply slipped through the crowd and took a walk.

Upvote 0

Trevor Foran

Sep 18, 2022
Brisbane
✟7,912.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please forgive me for not looking up the exact scriptures,but I think you will know. I wonder, how. Did he just dissapear, was he sheltered by the hand of the father. I just cannot come up with a real good theory.
Any body got any ideas ?

This is a question I have contemplated over the years myself. The Bible does give answers though I will give one example.
When His disciples were in a locked room in fear of their lives, the Jews were trying to kill Jesus' followers, Jesus suddenly appeared in the midst of them (John 20.19). How did He do this? Not by sneaking in the back door, thats for sure.
Being fully God and fully man, He was not constrained by the physical barriers that would have stopped you and me. He would often appear/disappear at will. The power that worked in Jesus was the power of the Father God unrestrained.
How exciting would it have been to follow Him around?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Trevor Foran

Sep 18, 2022
Brisbane
✟7,912.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any body got any ideas ?

Nothing was beyond the power of Jesus. Some verses say God raised Him from the dead, others say He raised Himself.
He raised the widows son from the dead
He turned water into wine at a wedding
He commanded a storm to be still
He feeds 5000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish
He appeared and disappeared at will. John 20.19
Etc etc etc.
Getting back to your question,"Did he just disappear?"
My response is "Who has known the ways of God?'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,683.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
30But Jesus passed through the crowd and went on His way

Matthew 19:24 V-ANA
GRK: τρυπήματος ῥαφίδος διελθεῖν ἢ πλούσιον
INT: eye of a needle to pass than a rich man

Matthew 1:22 Prep
GRK: ὑπὸ Κυρίου διὰ τοῦ προφήτου
NAS: by the Lord through the prophet:

To pass through doesn't seem to be any easy task when the same wordage is used for passing thru the eye of a needle and it also seems to have been another sign of His uniqueness.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Any body got any ideas ?
Distraction noodle.

Upvote 0