Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've had miracles happen to me quite frequently and it is usually fairly easy to discern how God did something. One thing has me scratching my head however.

I was walking down the street and I saw a two story house with a sign that said something like "Jesus Lives Here" or the like. I told God I would like to live there but not in the whole house, it was too big and I couldn't afford the whole thing, but just the bottom floor.

A while later I was working construction with my father-in-law and he mentioned that his sister had a house he wanted me to help him work on. It was behind his house and we always went in the back way. We removed the stairway and made the two story building two separate units. Then he mentioned that his sister wanted to rent the units so my wife and I moved into the bottom unit. The day after I rented it I finally came in the front and saw the sign "Jesus Lives Here".

Now, what makes me wonder is the fact this house "just so happened" to belong to my father-in-law's sister. What did God do to get me in this house? Did he make it so that my father-in-law's sister bought it in the first place? Did he make it that I married my wife so that her step-father's sister would own the house? Or did God simply have my father-in-law's sister put the sign up in the first place so I'd want to move into the house? I also wonder if God didn't just have the sign put up there so I'd ask to move into a house i was going to in the first place? I just... don't know.

The way God had me work on the house and move in without knowing it was that house seems to be something God enjoys doing, at least with me. I was driving one day and saw a sign that said "Chinese Laundry". I wondered what a chinese laundry would look like so I stopped and went it. It was a woman's shoe store. I thought the name was funny and asked God to work for the company one day. One day I'm busy programming after I became unhappy with my job and a head hunter called me offering me a position at a place called Cels Enterprises. I set up an interview but since this place was so far away the manager and I had an interview at a coffee shop half way between where I was currently working and Cels Enterprises. I got the job, he gave me the address and told me to show up on Monday. I drove up and low and behold it is in the same parking lot as Chinese Laundry. I went into the office and mentioned about Chinese Laundry and they mentioned, oh, that was them, their corporate name was Cels Enterprises.

God is so good to me.

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Miracles. The problem with miracles is the really flashy ones (the Red Sea - or Sea of Reeds) are the ones no one believes and the not-so-flashy ones (finding a place to live) get written off as coincidence.

I've come to two conclusions. One is God does not 'advertise' other than His followers spreading the Word and acting like Him, and two, one has to be especially equipped to 'see' them.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have also come to the conclusion that God doesn't advertise. One reason would be so we believe by faith not proof. But even with proof look at the Isrealites when Moses went up to the mountain. They knew for a fact God was real and with them yet what did Aaron do? Made a graven image, this is your god! Like Abraham said, if they won't believe the prophets they wouldn't even believe a ghost if it came back from the dead.

There was a post I was reading here about someone who prayed for God to speak to him in a dream. Jesus comes to him in a dream and asks him why he doesn't believe the creation story. So does he praise God for answering his prayer? No, he discounts the dream becaue he knows the creation story is all alegory.

Personally i have had God answer so maby of my prayers I would have to be a fool to disbelieve. I have had things happen to me that couldn't even be concidered coincidence because they are simply impossible, without God. I was on a secular board (coughredditcough) and had posted one miracle, one of the tamer ones, and they called me insane.

People decide to believe God, or not. Look at the two witnesses in Revelation 11, they have the power to cause plagues as often as tgey will, they turn water into blood, they can even breath fire! They will do all these things to try to prove God exists, but it seems very few do until they repeat the sign of Jonah. They get killed and come back 3 1/2 days later and ascend into heaven after a voice calls them up (praise God) and finally then some praise God.

For me, I am overjoyed that God gives me so many miracles, some if I told you would blow your mind, and I may post a few here if you wish. God just amazes me.

Upvote 0