How damaging is 'Tech' to our Christianity?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's just like anything else in the world that is a neutral thing. It is only damaging to your Christianity if you use it for evil or if it becomes more important to you than God and living people that we are to care for.
Don't let it become a god to you.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It depends on how you use it and whether it runs your life. It can be a tool to reach others for Christ or it can be a tool to spread evil. It is what you do with it that determines which it is for you.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 20:17a
“You shall not covet. "

I think that says it all.
I took it as he was using the word 'covet' as an expression, not literally. In other words not to desire something that belongs to someone else, or to desire something so much that it the desire is greater than their desire for God.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tech is a tool. The only threat it poses to Christian faith is knowledge.

The only real threat to Christian faith is lack of knowledge of what Christ actually said, which is much more common than people might guess. "Just the facts please, maam" -- Sergeant Joe Friday.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am speaking of knowledge in general.

I find it's helpful, but best of all is to be able to find the nutrition packets hidden in that firehose stream, gems obscured by that torrential waterfall of ordinary information. So, we might turn to a place loaded with gems instead, where they are just sitting there waiting to be picked up, like the New Testament.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a tech nut. I love and covet techno stuff. How much of a threat is all that to my faith as a Christian?

Well there are high tech stuff in bible , like in Revelation when Jews get thier temple back , only one person - high priest is able to enter Holy of Holies to do sacrifice , how can whole world see it ?
It's simple , on TV ...

Same goes for bombs , most likelly atomic bombs like in 2 Peter 3:10 , great noise and melting elements .

So far science has confirmed multiple times what is written in bible , like Einstein when he discovered that we live in 3 dimentions + time - Ephesians 3:18.

Science also discovered that universe had beginning , because before that people think that it just was here forever .
Recently science has discovered that earth is in the middle of universe using radiation from leftover "big bang " .
Also they found out about plancks units , that there are finite unit's and they cannot be divided .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums