How connected is attitude towards women and inerrancy?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul was a man of his time in history and a product of his culture.
No, he taught the word and he was a product of that.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Daniel C
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, he taught the word and he was a product of that.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
A prophet, as Paul was calling himself, is one who has received revelation of the mystery concerning Christ and the church Ephesians 3:5 which revelation is the foundation for the building of the church Ephesians 2:20
It stands to reason to question deeply whether it is being built on rock or sand.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A prophet, as Paul was calling himself, is one who has received revelation of the mystery concerning Christ and the church Ephesians 3:5 which revelation is the foundation for the building of the church Ephesians 2:20
It stands to reason to question deeply whether it is being built on rock or sand.
Is this scripture true or false?

• Useful
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Not if all prophets die in Jerusalem as he set out to do. But, spiritually speaking, I would say yes. But in a Balaam sorta way imo. I don’t approve of the method of throwing women under the bus to prove a point.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not if all prophets die in Jerusalem as he set out to do. But, spiritually speaking, I would say yes. But in a Balaam sorta way imo. I don’t approve of the method of throwing women under the bus to prove a point.
You agree then that the things Paul writes are the commands of the Lord Himself?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You agree then that the things Paul writes are the commands of the Lord Himself?
Based on his description of a prophet that I gave you the scripture for. But why nitpick when he also said some things are his own interpretation of what that revelation meant.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Forgive me but you cant support your assertion then. Correct?
It’s moot ... God demands the topic but people are set in their own minds. So frankly my position is clear, but it’s questioning like this that is aimed at muddying the waters again. More smokescreen. What I really want to say is go pester someone else. Just because someone sticks to their guns in not dissecting the NT then some gunslinger comes along and say ‘but I insist’ Have a god-blessed day and do your own homework. It seems the census has God not only dead but the church in it’s death throws so good luck. I don’t have the patience to babysit you. Report me if you like but it doesn’t change facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s moot ... God demands the topic but people are set in their own minds. So frankly my position is clear, but it’s questioning like this that is aimed at muddying the waters again. More smokescreen. What I really want to say is go pester someone else. Just because someone sticks to their guns in not dissecting the NT then some gunslinger comes along and say ‘but I insist’ Have a god-blessed day and do your own homework. It seems the census has God not only dead but the church in it’s death throws so good luck. I don’t have the patience to babysit you. Report me if you like but it doesn’t change facts.
No worries i wont report you.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your opinion is noted but not proven.
Don’t we all give our own approval to what is right? Based on Christ as the foundation try redrawing the lines from what He(Paul) said to what He(Christ) meant by the revelation of Christ and the church. But I write that for others benefit not yours. It’s not trivia.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don’t we all give our own approval to what is right? Based on Christ as the foundation try redrawing the lines from what He(Paul) said to what He(Christ) meant by the revelation of Christ and the church. But I write that for others benefit not yours. It’s not trivia.
You have shown zero scripture to support your assertion. Why then should i believe you over Paul?

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have shown zero scripture to support your assertion. Why then should i believe you over Paul?
For the same reason that you would believe Jesus as to the new birth and as you believe Paul to be spiritually minded and not of the law. Nuff said. But I am willing to bet that you read the bible as Paul being highlighted to Him. Why would I know that? Because it was a habit I had to break myself of.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

It's clear from context that this refers to his instructions on behavior of prophets.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think that if Paul were to visit our churches today, he would welcome Women's leadership and ministry in the church. He would say, "I know what I thought and said in the First Century, but I now see how that women are educated, resourceful, have their own role in the body of Christ, and the Holy Spirit is fully supporting what they are doing. I still don't believe they should usurp the authority of their church leadership, but then again, I don't think men should either."

WOW man that's amazing! You know what paul would say if he would come back today? And apparently verbatim as you put it in quotation marks.......That's incredible man.

Are you a prophet? :scratch:

Upvote 0