How come humans have not evolved into a higher species?

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Daniel
Because they are actually devolving. The Industrial Revolution and Atomic and Information Ages have caused a temporary increase in lifespan but sinful human nature has already begun to cause a recession or nadir. In other words, we've outsmarted ourselves into getting sicker, earlier on, again.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, Daniel
Because they are actually devolving. The Industrial Revolution and Atomic and Information Ages have caused a temporary increase in lifespan but sinful human nature has already begun to cause a recession or nadir. In other words, we've outsmarted ourselves into getting sicker, earlier on, again.
After the creation of Adam and Eve......then the fall...human DNA has been bombarded with mutations that over time have reeked havic on our DNA.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
After the creation of Adam and Eve......then the fall...human DNA has been bombarded with mutations that over time have reeked havic on our DNA.
The Genesis accounts of origins and human longevity certainly indicate the opposite of what is called evolutionary biology.

• Agree
Reactions: MrsFoundit
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Generally speaking the average life expectancy has been increasing over the last few centuries due primarily to better nutrition and improved medical care. The increases have been most dramatic in underdeveloped countries. Recent studies indicate that there may be an upper limit to human lifespan of about 120 years.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just yesterday I made a presentation to a 100 year old veteran. He is quite remarkable. He lives alone in his own home, cooks his own meals, does his own shopping, does several crossword puzzles each day, bowls twice a week, curls in the winter and still holds a driving license. But he is now almost totally deaf because he was an artillery officer during the war. He is our third centenarian in the local branch of the Royal Canadian Legion.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Generally speaking the average life expectancy has been increasing over the last few centuries due primarily to better nutrition and improved medical care. The increases have been most dramatic in underdeveloped countries. Recent studies indicate that there may be an upper limit to human lifespan of about 120 years.

Life is also much easier physically. In days past people just wore themselves out doing heavy labor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic

Thanks,

Daniel

Good word, bro!

I think two hundred years, is about enough time for something to develop, don't you?

Sadly, I think you will just be told "Evolution takes billions of years"...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Tough question.

You would find Evolutionists objecting that "we never claimed it, when the Messiah was here"?

What was all that "new creature" talk then...?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
What was all that "new creature" talk then...?

Oh sure: "creature", but no logical step from there to "specie".

I know I am picking at straws, but we are known for Christ, not what we do through Him.

To be known for being a radical extension of Christ, in the sense of a new "specie", the new commandment that we love one another would be burdensome, I think (as in, its not that we couldn't, just that its not worth the effort).

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh sure: "creature", but no logical step from there to "specie".

I know I am picking at straws, but we are known for Christ, not what we do through Him.

To be known for being a radical extension of Christ, in the sense of a new "specie", the new commandment that we love one another would be burdensome, I think (as in, its not that we couldn't, just that its not worth the effort).

Do you think that an AI that accomplishes its directives is somehow not worthy of esteem?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks,

Daniel

Because we did not and are not evolving. God made mankind the best that he/she could be and we have been going downhill ever since.

1 Corinthians 15
42 Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies.

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Genesis is no "recent study" Genesis 6:3 So the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years." - "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." Genesis 6:3

Upvote 0