How come almost no news outlets report about christians be massacred?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probly true. These awful attacks play in the media like just another day in Nigeria's ongoing sectarian troubles.
July 27, 2018 - CNN
Violence between the Fulani herdsmen, who are mostly Muslims, and predominantly Christian farmers in the central state dates back to 2013.
But killings by armed herdsmen, believed to be Fulani on farming settlements in central states, have increased this year.
Nigeria's herdsmen-farmers conflict six times deadlier than Boko Haram in 2018, ICG says - CNN

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why look, all of the liberal news sites cover violence against Christians. But not fox. I guess. LOL.
I googled Fox specifically and couldn't find any headline about it going back four pages. Maybe they talked about it in an article about the elections there.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This week alone The Fulani muslim jihadists who attacked Christians. This week alone destroying 143 homes, killing 52 people, and wounding dozens more.

But these stories never make the news. I mean I think the answer is obvious of course but I want to see what you think. In my view its because part of the agenda is to keep vilifying christians. The only time christians are reported in the news is when a christian(s) do something bad. Its frustrating to see how the news is but I guess it's expected given the bible says this stuff would happen.

People fear Islam, and many people in the West believe Christians deserve what ever abuse is given to them.

Additionally, there are many christians who have a misguided since of guilt, and believe we need to be punished, for past wrongs.

Many people associate Christianity with being the "white man's" church, so they should be abused, and killed for that reason as well, even though there are hundreds of millions of non white christians throughout the world.

Politicians also play on this as a way to look "progressive" and pander to there base.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...and many people in the West believe Christians deserve what ever abuse is given to them.
Can you cite a single poll in the US or England, or France, or Australia, or New Zealand, that show even ten percent of the population supporting abuse against Christians?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Playing the victim much...?

“Never make the news”...? A 30 second search returned stories by the BBC, Guardian, NY Times, Al Jazeera, Forbes....and not just the recent killings, but also reports of the ongoing violence in that region over many months...
We are the victims when no one talks about violence about christian, but then reports about when christians are the bad guy instead.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This week alone The Fulani muslim jihadists who attacked Christians. This week alone destroying 143 homes, killing 52 people, and wounding dozens more.

But these stories never make the news. I mean I think the answer is obvious of course but I want to see what you think. In my view its because part of the agenda is to keep vilifying christians. The only time christians are reported in the news is when a christian(s) do something bad. Its frustrating to see how the news is but I guess it's expected given the bible says this stuff would happen.
Why do right wing Christians only ever trot out violence in Africa for self serving purposes? Violence against Christians has been happening in Africa for years. Yet we only hear about it from you all as ,"yeah buts"? If you truly care, care all the time not just right after a bunch of Muslims get shot up.

When was the last time a Muslim shot up a Christian church in a western country? If you wonder why we never hear about it, maybe it's because rarely happens.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...because news stories people dying (of any religion) in the Third world doesn't make money.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are the victims when no one talks about violence about christian, but then reports about when christians are the bad guy instead.

There is no conspiracy to hide violence against Christians.

There isn't any widespread violence against Christians for their Christianity in Western countries.

Every part of your beliefs are fearful nonsense.

It takes an incredible kind of Christian to claim WE are the victims while the dead are still being counted in a mosque.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Probably because Muslims killing Christians, and Christians killing Muslims is a fairly common occurrence in Nigeria. There's been sectarian violence going back decades with killing sprees in the double digits being perpetrated by both sides.

But trying to switch the topic back to why Christians are the "victims" a couple days after the mosque shootings is a pretty terrible thing to do.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Except that your sentence is false, as has already been shown in this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why look, all of the liberal news sites cover violence against Christians. But not fox. I guess. LOL.

Fox News, the right wing media arm of Conservative Christendom, didn't report on Christians being killed by Muslims? What? Are all the Fox News reporters out sick or something? I have one more very important question to ask... How did Trump find out about this tragedy if Fox didn't cover the story?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Can you cite a single poll in the US or England, or France, or Australia, or New Zealand, that show even ten percent of the population supporting abuse against Christians?

I didn't give a percentage, I just said many, and I have talked with people who believe this. Go to debate.com and view the debate on whether or not religion should be banned, it's at two thirds for the "yea"

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't give a percentage, I just said many, and I have talked with people who believe this. Go to debate.com and view the debate on whether or not religion should be banned, it's at two thirds for the "yea"

That example does not support your claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Much like your argument, this page does not exist.

upload_2019-3-17_12-5-29.png

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Amazing no one has ever reported on these shootings that targeted Christians while in church.

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia

Sutherland Springs church shooting - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I'm not poo pooing this a very important issue, buy why was this thread started in American Politics? You make the point that "the media" is anti-Christian, but how is that germane to American politics?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
July 27, 2018 - CNN
Violence between the Fulani herdsmen, who are mostly Muslims, and predominantly Christian farmers in the central state dates back to 2013.
But killings by armed herdsmen, believed to be Fulani on farming settlements in central states, have increased this year.
Nigeria's herdsmen-farmers conflict six times deadlier than Boko Haram in 2018, ICG says - CNN

Interesting. Raises the question of whether this is merely sectarian violence or sectarian tinged range war violence.

Upvote 0