• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

How come almost no news outlets report about christians be massacred?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by NothingIsImpossible, Mar 17, 2019.

1. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,970
    Christian
    Married
    This week alone The Fulani muslim jihadists who attacked Christians. This week alone destroying 143 homes, killing 52 people, and wounding dozens more.

But these stories never make the news. I mean I think the answer is obvious of course but I want to see what you think. In my view its because part of the agenda is to keep vilifying christians. The only time christians are reported in the news is when a christian(s) do something bad. Its frustrating to see how the news is but I guess it's expected given the bible says this stuff would happen.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Wisdom VS. Woo ! Supporter

+5,477
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    ...it's because EVERYTHING but Christianity is true, don't you know? :dontcare:

3. Romans 8

Romans 8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,086
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes. Their are several names for this manipulation: mind control, social engineering, the forming of a one world religion against real Christianity, Satan.
    It's because of this blatant and obvious manipulation that I became a Christian. I had always believed that God existed, but was agnostic in my beliefs. After careful research, the Truth shined through, and yes, you are exactly right and it's frustrating. Authentic Christianity is under attack and will continue to be until the bitter end. I thank God every day that He brought me out of the delusion and chaos of the secular world. I'm absolutely amazed at how lost the majority are in this world. Most people are under the influence of Satan yet have no understanding of it. Even people that go to a church, claim to believe in God, and yet may still be deluded because they are a part of a Satanic church which preaches another Jesus and another gospel.
    Unfortunately things are going to get worse before they get better.

4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+3,804
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Africa.

If a Muslim blew up 50 Christians in Italy or Japan, we'd hear all about it.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Brotherly Spirit

Brotherly Spirit Well-Known Member Supporter

+806
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's better not to speculate as it only causes us to think the worse. But I agree that could be part of an agenda of certain people. My opinion is there's different reasons personally, ideologically, and politically for why certain news are covered. Also could be about business choosing what would have greater appeal to an audience. Some reasons are consideration for minorities worrying they'll further marginalize them, possibly believe as a Christian majority nation enough news favors us, or also Christians in the news are more common and news about others will grab people's attention.

6. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+11,199
    Christian
    Married
    Not just Africa but also "more of the same old stuff."

If it happened in Cairo or even Addis Abba, we'd hear of it.

7. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+3,804
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Probly true. These awful attacks play in the media like just another day in Nigeria's ongoing sectarian troubles.

8. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member

+629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    When have stories about strife in Africa ever made the news?

Are you even aware there's a brutal civil war raging in the Central African Republic between Muslims and Christians?

This has been going on for many years now. I had a current events assignment on it in 2014.

Central African Republic Civil War (2012–present) - Wikipedia

So to your claim, "the answer is obvious. In my view its because part of the agenda is to keep vilifying christians" I would say you are flat out wrong. The press just doesn't care about poor countries with little to no relationships with the US or western nations.

9. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+6,062
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    This violence was not reported because the US media is very domestic focused. Spinning this as some kind of conscious choice to drive a narrative is silly.

10. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+11,199
    Christian
    Married
    We heard, for instance, of the attack of Muslim terrorists on the Westlake Mall in Nairobi, Kenya.

11. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+5,468
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Playing the victim much...?

“Never make the news”...? A 30 second search returned stories by the BBC, Guardian, NY Times, Al Jazeera, Forbes....and not just the recent killings, but also reports of the ongoing violence in that region over many months...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+17,541
    Agnostic
    Single
    Who told you this happened if it didn't make the news?

13. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member

+629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Breitbart comment section.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,189
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    How did you hear about it? Was it from some unknown news agency? A Christian news source?

15. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,549
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    It probably happened in a poor country.

It's not about whether Christian persecution get reported. It only matters which country it happened - the rich countries, not the poor ones.

Should the same event happened in New Zealand instead, it would be reported for sure!

16. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,300
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I'll add the Washington Post as well. The mainstream media has been reporting on Nigeria for over a year.

17. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,655
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Why look, all of the liberal news sites cover violence against Christians. But not fox. I guess. LOL.

18. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,217
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    A few things:
    I couldn't help wondering if your comment reflects the type of media you listen to or read. Perhaps US media is very domestically focussed - if so then it won't focus on international events so much. But I'm sure if 50 Christians were shot in a church in Paris - you'd hear about it.

If your comment is in response to coverage of the attack on a Moslem church in New Zealand - perhaps that's because it's extraordinary. It's so very very rare for events of mass shootings in Australia and New Zealand. The fact that it was Moslems slaughtered is irrelevant to New Zealanders - in their view, it was 50 of their fellow New Zealanders that were killed and would respond the same regardless of their religion.

That said - your point concerning religiously driven atrocities is valid - I couldn't care less if you are Christian, Moslem or Sikh, don't tolerate hate speech or hate crimes. Never make excuses for them - even on this site.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  19. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,927
    Agnostic
    Married
    Why is this in American politics?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,741
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Christianity had it's time to be proclaimed by the prophet of the beast, much like the heart of the consumer culture, the beast has averted its gaze to another meal.